• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys forgotten about Proton Amps and Shocks?

I'm happy with my neutron amps and shocks the way they are, im glad the proton volt was more HSS in proton, but i wouldn't care as much about proton amp or shock if they released a distance driver or lower speed under-stable disc.

The Prodigy Drivers seem to have stolen my loyalties lately, i must say their plastic is incredible. MVP should release a distance driver before i get too comfortable in my new prodigy :)

A proton tensor has overstability written all over it. @_@

I didn't think about that. A more stable Tensor would be great :) something with earlier fade is all that i would ask.

I doubt the MVP brothers even read these forums anymore.. probably because of me @_@

I didn't think about that. A more stable Tensor would be great :) something with earlier fade is all that i would ask.

I doubt the MVP brothers even read these forums anymore.. probably because of me @_@

I think I hate you a lot now @_@

Thought I would share the story behind this disc.
Disc Nation created a double stamp 1st Run version of my VOLT Skulboy custom design for the 1st run of MVP Proton VOLTs.
Along with the release of the Proton VOLTs, MVP also debuted 2 new colors to their Neutron premium plastic line, light blue and purple.

The powers that be at Disc Nation declared that technically, this was a 1st run of the new Neutron colors. They produced ONE double 1st Run stamped Neutron Skulboy VOLT for each color.

And if any one is interested, the light blue one is up on the auction block over at Facebook's Dollar Disc Golf Auction.

I got one of the FR Proton Volts and that thing is gorgeous. I got it in the light blue and really was planning on throwing it until I opened the package. Now I just want to look at it.

Thanks for the awesome stamp Skulboy!!!

Soft Neutron Eclipse Distance Driver (oYo)

Do you guys have jobs or do you just sit at home on your computer all day? xD

Looking to add some MVP plastic to my bag. Can someone tell me the difference(besides looks) between "proton" and "neutron" and maybe suggest some good discs by MVP? Thanks

Looking to add some MVP plastic to my bag. Can someone tell me the difference(besides looks) between "proton" and "neutron" and maybe suggest some good discs by MVP? Thanks

I am a big fan of their what I consider "fast" fairways... the Volt and Amp especially. Amp only comes in the neutron plastic (for now), but the volt comes in both proton and neutron. The difference in the case of the volt is that the proton plastic is more stable.

Don't listen to nolan, hes an ass.

Heisenberg,
Here's what i like most from MVP:

(Assuming you are getting the latest run of each disc)

Putter:
Neutron Ion is straight with good dump at the end, i love this putter for putting and dead accurate approaches, even good for straight drives. All around the best putter i have tried, and i have tried just about all of them.
Get an Anode if you don't like the feel of a bead.

Midrange:
Eclipse Vector is over-stable like a nice flat top Roc and will go straight with a later predictable fade, good wind resistance, Neutron will be straight longer out of the box, but i prefer Eclipse.
Eclipse Tangent is very neutral to slightly under-stable, awesome for straight drives and if you release it on an anny it will hold the line forever and has good wind resistance for its stability. Pairs well with the vector to cover many lines.

Fairway Drivers:
Neutron Volt is over-stable and going to have a slight turn new out of the box with a very forward penetrating slow fade.
Proton Volt is more over-stable than the neutron some say its a longer teebird and has no turn with a stronger, yet still forward fading late finish. My favorite.
Neutron Amp is will be straight with a when thrown at low power, but thrown hard it holds a straight line for a bit and then turns hard later than most under-stable fairways i have thrown, but has the low speed fade to land flat and prevent roll aways! i LOVE this disc for big turnovers that i can TRUST.
Neutron Shock is going to be like a seasoned predator, nice and beefy absolutely no turn and hard fade, amazing in the wind and even better when you have a tight wooded hyzer that bends quick and long. Can be thrown into extreme headwinds and wont burn.

If you only get a couple these are the ones i would recommend most to start with:
-Ion or Anode
-Vector
-Volt or if you don't have much power (under 275' power), get an Amp

Last edited:
Neutron seems to be straighter or slightly less stable in most cases.

the biggest differences are between neutron volt and proton volt.. but i think they have improved their molding technique, the neutron volts seem to be more HSS lately also.

The discs fly a little different in each plastic.

I asked the same question in this thread, it isn't a big deal.. This company gives a few musts.

Proton Volt
Neutron Volt
Neutron Amp
Neutron Anode
Neutron Vector
Proton Tangent/Eclipse Tangent

Those are the best discs in my mind. You can skip the rest.. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts