• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glow season approaches! MVP, if you put out some Eclipse versions of your fairways, I promise you'll own my glow bag. Ion and Tangent will only get me so far.

Glow season approaches! MVP, if you put out some Eclipse versions of your fairways, I promise you'll own my glow bag. Ion and Tangent will only get me so far.

My favorite mid-range disc MVP makes is the Green Eclipse Vector, try it!

Not sure why MVP doesn't release eclipse right along with proton.. the white rim makes these discs POP out and almost impossible to lose. I have suggested to ONLY make proton with a white rim, whether it glows or not.. that way you can dye it whatever color you want!

As soon as eclipse versions of everything are available i will surely be buying more MVP.. everything i have in eclipse usually just flies a little more HSS stable and i like that a lot, gives me more room to beat it in.

I have a first run eclipse vector that still doesn't have turn :) i throw it every time i go out.. its a laser beam with super slow forward fade, would quit disc golfing if i lost it.

My favorite mid-range disc MVP makes is the Green Eclipse Vector, try it!
I'm good with my Tangent for a glow mid. I'd just love to see eclipse versions of the Amp and Volt. I think I'd be pretty content with Ion/Tangent/Amp/Volt for all of my glow needs.

Unless Vibram starts making glow discs..../drool

7ZiwCfV.jpg

welp, vector has stepped in to cover my lost premium midari... at least for now. tried the tensor; really didn't like it one bit. touche`, MVP. touche`.

still don't think they'll ever replace my fuse, though.

I finally got FR eclipse Vector beat in enough to call it neutral :) Time to cycle in a fresh vector, its been a while.. the new blue neutron looks very appealing, i might get one of those.

Whats weird is it beat out the LSS and not as much HSS, makes it straight with still some good wind resistance.. its like my axis i used to carry only more HSS, sometimes its too straight.. i miss the good fade at the end

Many good memories with my eclipse vector, time for a fresh companion

i'm not sure this is a real thing.

thats what happened to every mvp mid i've thrown.. not weird.

When the eclipse vector was first released i bought one. It was the first run of them made, its not officially a "first run stamp" or anything, its like when people say 1st run shock, the first ones that were made.. lol, i assure you its a real thing that exists. You could call any run of a disc mold that is the first to be sold, the "first run" of that mold.

I'm not sure if your trolling, or just slow.

Last edited:
When the eclipse vector was first released i bought one. It was the first run of them made, its not officially a "first run stamp" or anything, its like when people say 1st run shock, the first ones that were made.. lol, i assure you its a real thing that exists. You could call any run of a disc mold that is the first to be sold, the "first run" of that mold.

I'm not sure if your trolling, or just slow.

I think what he was trying to tell you, is that unlike the normal run of proton Vectors (non-eclipse), the eclipse proton vectors have no inconsistency between the runs of the disc.

I too have a "First Run" eclipse vector, and it flies no differently than any of the other run of eclipse vectors i've thrown and held.

Last edited:
I think what he was trying to tell you, is that unlike the normal run of proton Vectors (non-eclipse), the eclipse proton vectors have no inconsistency between the runs of the disc.

I too have a "First Run" eclipse vector, and it flies no differently than any of the other run of eclipse vectors i've thrown and held.

I hope your FR Eclipse behaves better than my early run E Vector did. The stupid thing would warp anytime the temp dropped below 60 degrees. This would make it uselessly flippy. Completely put me off Eclipse plastic.

I hope your FR Eclipse behaves better than my early run E Vector did. The stupid thing would warp anytime the temp dropped below 60 degrees. This would make it uselessly flippy. Completely put me off Eclipse plastic.

Fortunately for me (except that I actually like cold weather and hate the heat) the temperature RARELY ever drops below 60 deg here in Long Beach, CA

Wow, surprised to hear that. While I don't have a Vector, I do have Anodes and Ions in Eclipse and I used them all winter long without a single issue. Sorry to hear about your experience with the Eclipse overmold.

Seasoned Tangents are a pretty beautiful thing. Very fuse like.

i picked up a 173 proton tangent today; dark blue, no stamp, sparkly.

truth be told i had no intention of buying one but i thought "what the hell are the odds of finding this ever again in this particular store?" and had to buy it.

threw it; very very neutral with some turn if i really gave it the juice. weird disc. great straight shooter, but i already have an axis . . . we'll have to see.

definitely can see this beating into exactly what you said, mike. but i'm afraid it might be too pretty to throw . . . also saw some black neutron vectors, a first for me.

IMG_20130821_212853_061_zpse91405b6.jpg

it has more sparkle that that, though. it's also fingerprint city, yuck.

When the eclipse vector was first released i bought one. It was the first run of them made, its not officially a "first run stamp" or anything,

TYCA

ja, exactly. because there is no difference between the vector you bought right away, and the one you buy today. they're all production run vectors, EXCEPT the proton vectors that say "first run" on them.

youre TRIPPIN. what characteristic of plastic changes drastically at 60 degrees? ive used eclipse vectors from -20 to 95 degrees this year, they fly the same regardless.

Nolan, i was just trying to give a reference for how old the disc was, how long i have thrown it, a measure of time, how long it took to beat in, etc.. Hope that makes sense.

Although, some Proton core plastic does feel different lately, gripy, more gummy, little softer. Compared to some of the new ones i have felt, the old FR is definitely stiffer and more slick. Flight, im sure is unaffected though.

Status
Not open for further replies.