• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced my long lost Eclipse Anode with a Neutron one today. All the Eclipse were lighter weights, so I decided to try the other plastic. Anyone else find that the neutron is flippier than Eclipse, or am I imagining things?

I find my neutron to be most stable. I have all iterations of the anode. But I also don't find the rim depth comfy for driving

I think I recall my soft protons having a touch more LSS, but HSS was about equal. Neither turned much for me until I seasoned them a bit.

I replaced my long lost Eclipse Anode with a Neutron one today. All the Eclipse were lighter weights, so I decided to try the other plastic. Anyone else find that the neutron is flippier than Eclipse, or am I imagining things?

kinda why I went back to ION's as I was finding a few different anodes as far as driving went some a little more HSS than others-- specially stiff neutrons which I was using as putters but as drivers I had one which was pretty OS an another max weight which actually held a turn and the OM shoulders were different. these were very old orginal anodes though so who knows what current productions runs are like. I would actually prefer a little less stable than when they were first released and maybe the new molding stuff has the anode flying true to design. Anyone else noticing new anodes being less stable? might snatch one up been a while since ive thrown one and currently bag the Pa4 which im loving'

I think I recall my soft protons having a touch more LSS, but HSS was about equal. Neither turned much for me until I seasoned them a bit.

Now when you seasoned them, did you use McCormick or Lawry's? :D

I found this to be the case with my neutron Tangent compared to my Eclipse, ended up using the Eclipse more, but will be putting the Neutron back in the bag also to have a flippier version.

also the case in all three of my proton tangents i have owned vs. my 1 neutron.

i have not tried eclipse, but since it is proton core . . . should be the same, i imagine . . .

IMHO the neutron plastic is less HSS and more LSS but only a very minimal amount, I would even say that it has a foot less glide. It's nice though because I also feel like a new neutron is like having 6months of use on a hard proton or eclipse version, so it can make for a speedier replacement.

Is anyone aware of any online sites taking preorders for the Axiom Envy and Alias? I saw links for one on FB, but they are no longer working. (wonder if they were asked to remove them??)

Sadly, my local PIAS shop won't be placing another disc order until March it sounds like :-( I remember seeing lots of Servo preorder stuff, and figured it'd be the same with Axiom.

Infinitedics.com and discgolf365.com (under their weekly deals) are both doing preorders. Personally, I'm going to place an order on Marshallstreet or discnation at midnight, or whenever they are available, because I,m picky about my colors.

Infiniteduscs did mention to email them special instructions, including if you want them to cancel your order if they don't have the colors you want.

I don't think you're going to have much luck with specific pre-orders because of the vast array of color options. I also don't think these are going to be in danger of selling out on day one, so you might as well stalk the sites you like and hope they have the combos you want.

I don't think you're going to have much luck with specific pre-orders because of the vast array of color options. I also don't think these are going to be in danger of selling out on day one, so you might as well stalk the sites you like and hope they have the combos you want.

Not worried about the colors on the pre-order... I'll get picky with colors later. I typically buy more than one of a mold anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.