• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing a benefit to preordering? Now I am second guessing my wait and see approach.

I kinda like the "what am I gonna get" surprise. I figure, I can always get a more preferred color at a later date if I wanted to, and at the very least use the preorder disc on courses and fieldwork until that time to get more acclimated to the mold. I've passed on discs to some friends as well from time to time when I think it's one that would work well in their game. In the end, it doesn't go to waste.

But, I can see how some people would want to be more selective, especially with so many color variations and if they only intended to by one of the mold. Taking into account the comments from MVP on their production output in the Answers thread, it sounds like they are cranking these out so they can make a big splash at release and it's really up to the retailers on how they list the core/overmold combos.

Am I missing a benefit to preordering? Now I am second guessing my wait and see approach.
Here's how pre-orders are going down at Infinite Discs. They're $1 off, and you send your preference of colors. Preferences can NOT be guaranteed.

So if you want exact rim color, core color, and weight... wait until release day when all of those things will be added exactly.

Here's how pre-orders are going down at Infinite Discs. They're $1 off, and you send your preference of colors. Preferences can NOT be guaranteed.

So if you want exact rim color, core color, and weight... wait until release day when all of those things will be added exactly.
Full disclosure - I send out a good chunk of the orders at Infinite Discs. Not trying to barge in and advertise, just offering some clarity.

507g.jpg

fn7e.jpg

Just wanted to share a picture of my Anodes after ~40 days of use. Putting on concrete with a big door behind the basket has done the most damage I think.

I've got some putters used mostly on concrete for practice vs. ones just used on the course or practiced at the practice basket on a course, ie. on grass.

A disc hitting and sliding on concrete will look 5x more chewed up than one used on grass. Throwing on concrete vs grass is like wiping your disc down after every shoot with sandpaper vs. your disc golf towel.

Had great tournament playing Pro Grandmaster at Live Oak, FL recent weekend. Came in 4th (out of 5 players) and missed the cash by 5 throws! I love that course Spirit of the Suwannee, really well designed course with nice fairways and it is challenge as aiming/placement are the keys.

Loving my Amps and Volts as usual. As for mids, I use Tangent and Alias quite bit. Servos and Resistors are working great for me as light and heavy ones really pairs well. I use soft Proton Anode/Ion as I gotten used with them for so long time, esp the soft ones however I did attempted a long putt with Envy which I almost got in. :) I did not use distance drivers at that course at all and the only non MVP discs I did use are Fuse (turning mid) and Zone (mainly for FH approaches). I think I can take Fuse out when I practice more with Tangent as Tangent can take most of Fuse shots.

I cannot wait for understable speed 7 fairway driver which hopefully a bit less HSS and LSS than Amp.
Also a understable putter using same core as Envy would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.