• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is the Ion that started it all for me. Was browsing photos on my PC and came across this. Pretty neat. Certainly doesn't look that pristine a few years later :)

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 65
1391180125443_zpsmzxhnenh.jpg

I recently traded for my first Proton disc, (medium?) Ion. It's a bit more flexible and grippy than my Neutron Anode, and I'm wondering that is Proton "Medium" plastic exactly the same as the "normal" Proton plastic?

Its a older "opaque 3rd" run looks like or blended run. Med is normal but before the discs were actually stamped "soft" then you could get some different firmnesses between colors/runs.

FR Ions are veryyyyyy soft while 2nd run meds tend to be pretty hard and then there are yours which people like a lot.

--FWIW if you ever have a chance to fondle your MVP before buying I suggest doing so as there are slight varitations in firmness IMO with MED. neutron and proton plastics. some are very hard while others more gummy.

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking that my Ion may be something older run. I think current run Ions/proton discs are translucent? I always fondle discs before buying them if possible, and that's why I rarely order online.

Yep. Clear as glass when not colored.
"Opaque" is generally what people use to refer to this kind of run.

There are a fewwww other molds which have come out blended as well I know a couple users here have snagged shocks/volts etc but those are pretty rare.

MN natives, does GGGT have swirly, clear, blended, or otherwise just cool looking discs by MVP/Axiom? I want to head out for my birthday in Feb and I want to know what to expect.

Okay. Do opaque proton Ions fly different than regular proton Ions?

Nope. Only textured 2nd runs had a lower over-mold more like a Anode-- where the bead was not as large as current IONS.

I actually think current soft proton plastic is more "tacky" or sticky feeling but the opaque has a unique feel. Very similar to the soft neutron plastic which is OOP now also (please please please make it production brothers!!!!!!!)

In my experience the only ions which really fly differently are first runs (very understable) and 2nd runs which are Anodes pretty much. Otherwise soft, eclipse, neutron, whateverrr--- its an ION. I've used them ALL for driving purposes and in different colors. My favorite or soft neutron due to feel and durability is insane its easily up there with vibram xlink.

Last edited:
MN natives, does GGGT have swirly, clear, blended, or otherwise just cool looking discs by MVP/Axiom? I want to head out for my birthday in Feb and I want to know what to expect.

eh you never know how stock is unless you call and check. If fresh orders have come in then its worth staking a stop down there. Sometimes they seem to be a few days behind MVP release dates for whatever reason and not sure they even have axiom today. Anyone been? I went a right around new years and got the last servo in the store with a lack-luster selection left after holidays.

always deep. crazy room of xouts/misprints which are a steal. 1000's of discs easily I would bet. Lat. DC and Innova fill most of that entire space which is as big as the main store itself.

How am I just learning about the Eclipse Nano? Just saw them available at DGC. Did I not pay enough attention to this thread or the Nano thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.