• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how their baseline plastic would sell? Especially given the need for new mold, I doubt it'd be lucrative for them to release many of their discs in base plastic.

The putters are a no brainer and would probably sell well; if anything I think it'd do a lot to boost their usage at large. I can see a baseline Tensor and Volt for cycling, too.

I would be curious to see how baseline would fly in the putters but I'm not excited for discs that are easier to ruin, they've got a top quality product why mess with it. Then again why not.

Speaking of durability.. how's everyones MVP discs holding up this winter? I am really cruel to my spare putters and tend to leave them in the yard a lot, anyhow I cracked my second Medium MVP disc in the cold weather today but I have yet to hurt a Soft.

I would be curious to see how baseline would fly in the putters but I'm not excited for discs that are easier to ruin, they've got a top quality product why mess with it. Then again why not.

Speaking of durability.. how's everyones MVP discs holding up this winter? I am really cruel to my spare putters and tend to leave them in the yard a lot, anyhow I cracked my second Medium MVP disc in the cold weather today but I have yet to hurt a Soft.

any stiff plastic in the world cracks when frozen. Tupperware to Saturn door panels. dumb idea.

Yeah like I said I'm really cruel to my spares, I pick them up in the summer more to keep them from fading but I consider it acceptable losses. It's nice to be able to walk back and forth from the chicken coop and throw a half dozen discs, it keeps me throwing 30+ shots a day. I'm just amazed that my old stamp soft whites (yellowish) are still holding up.

Is there any difference in stiffness between Neutron & Proton plastic? Of course you can always find a bit firmer or softer one but in general?

Proton is slightly stiffer.

Goes like this in order from softest to stiffest:

-Neutron S
-Proton S
-Neutron M
-Proton M

Ok, thanks. The second run Proton Ion I recently traded for was significantly softer than my Neutron Anodes, so I thought that if current run Proton discs are the same stiffness too.
E: Wait, what did I just read from your sig, in4d?

Just walked into a Play It Again sports and found THIS sitting on the rack... Brand new, unthrown...
12527974924_1409f892fa.jpg

12527977504_ec3340b7a2.jpg

Either way nice find. Those slightly less than opaque third runs are pretty rare in my experience, I've only seen one other like it and its a textured soft.

MVP now has 6 fairways, and 4 distance drivers coming soon. What else might they release this year? Maybe an even wider rimmed driver class from Axiom? Different plastics for current molds? More putters?

The lineup is looking much more rounded than when we were still pining for the first driver. :)

1-large.jpg

The pa4 and DD"s right now are only not magical discs in the bag right now. An axiom disc which is workable and can be shapped like the green hornet powers-- well there you have it zam. Ill take some anytime. Those contrasting flight plate/rim combos will be perfect for a driving putter.

Status
Not open for further replies.