• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bfowler, sorry you had your disc taken from you. Hopefully someone in the MP has a similar Vector for you.

Thanks, I've already got a couple of lead there. Waiting on a couple of emails. Hopefully, I'll have a replacement soon. Tried using my Tensor and a Buzzz to replace it during a few rounds today and it just wasn't working.

My mid setup is all in flux now.

It used to be Tensor, Vector, Axis, Tangent, Fuse.

Now it's Buzzz, Atlas, Tangent, Comet, Fuse.

The Fuse is a speciality disc because of how easy it flips over for those hard right turning shots. Beside that I've been using the Tangent and my Ion for almost everything. I like the way the Atlas flies but man I hate those compass points.

I've been itching to try an Alias. How would that fit in considering what I'm working with now?

I took my Tensor out too, i found that i could hit the same lines with a fresh Vector. The Vector doesnt have the HSS Wind resistance the Tensor does, but there is rarely a day windy enough that warrants the use of the Tensor. If it is crazy windy, i throw it back in the bag for the round just in case but most the courses around here are heavily wooded and wind isn't a problem.

I also took out the Axis because my beat vectors hit the straight lines to slight turnovers much more predictably for me with more wind resistance and less touchy than the axis.

My Mid setup is Fresh Vector for over-stable, two Beat Vectors for straight-slightly-OS or slightly under-stable, and a beat Tangent for big turnovers, Ion even works as a midrange sometimes for the finesse shots.. I will be trying the Alias to see how it works but as of now i can hit every line i need with vectors and tangents

I found out cycling Vectors like I would my Rocs works out great, just takes much longer to cycle which helps me develop consistency in the flight

Last edited:
What happened to your Axis and Tensor?

I still have the Axis and the Tensor. The Vector was getting all the shots that I could use a Tensor for unless it was very windy.

Some of my friends rave about the Atlas so I was trying it out over the Axis. It's ok. I've got two of the Axis. A orange 176 that has always been a little sensitive. I've got a 178 domey pink one that is great but a domey Axis isn't the easiest thing to find, especially when ordering online. Plus, my Vector was really broken in and between it and the neutron Tangent, the Axis wasn't getting a lot of love anyway.

I place 5th in my first tournament last week and won the Atlas and the Comet. So, when my Vector got stolen I been trying different stuff and now it's all a jumble.

The only one not going anywhere is the Tangent. And I'll keep the Fuse until I the Tangent gets beat in to real flippy status or until MVP comes out with a more understable mid. And I've got a line on 2 different Vectors. Waiting for the weight on one and an email from GGGT to see if they have any of the Light Blue ones (not sky blue).

PS - Everything in4d said.

Last edited:
Nice job on the new banner, MVP. :thmbup:

Edit: I spoke too soon, just saw the Axiom banner too. Looking good!

Last edited:
Servo is like a JLS or slightly beat eagle. -1HSS 2LSS or so. And the Switch based on videos and testimony is like a leopard or river and easier to turn over.

All depends on your power level thouh.

Last edited:
Mine is pretty darn flat. Not a pancake, not quite as flat as the servo, a small shoulder; but I would still put mine in the flat disc stack if I was making three piles on the floor.

What do you guys use for thumbers/tomahawks? I need to learn that throw ASAP. I figured that the Resistor and Shock are the only two logical choices, right?

What do you guys use for thumbers/tomahawks? I need to learn that throw ASAP. I figured that the Resistor and Shock are the only two logical choices, right?

Firebirds and Whippets are great, Zones are good for short range.

My OH shots are suspect. As you're learning them, you might want to try something less beefy, esp with tomahawks.

I get pretty good results on various angle tommys with an older, more flippy Volt.

BigSky-- throw everything meng!

Understable and Overstable respond different to release angles and speed differences will give you lots of variety in the line/distance.

One of my favorite up shots is a OH thumber with a putter. Also great for tight gaps are volt like discs where you want lots of flex you throw something like a (faster) shock.. Resistor will be very hard to control being SO overstable and slower at this point in the learning stage it isn't a NEED to have OS discs. I still don't get why people say OS discs for these shots majority of the time like its a FH or something.

I prefer the "Skymahawk" super flippy high BH shot which flies like an OH.

BigSky-- throw everything meng!

This might be the best answer. The typical answer is that you need a very OS disc. But, I may just end up taking my whole bag and throwing it ALL overhand. I really need to work on that shot to get out of trouble at this new course I've been playing. Some of the lies are so poor that the only way out is up and over. If this shot becomes more serviceable, I'll try using it off tee, and for approaches too.

Status
Not open for further replies.