• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever noticed a difference in MVP discs in terms of stability based on the color? Maybe it's just been my luck but every blue one I have seems to be more overstable. Doesn't matter the shade, dark, medium, light.

The first "tweaked" Volt I got was Lt Blue, so it led me to wonder that too, but I was thinking it was just a coincidence.

I have a Blue Servo, and a white one that I haven't thrown. I'll post something here if I see a difference.

Ok i made the design already:

8NqYief.png

All planned and good to go, no one has to get hurt :clap:

Its amazing what you can do with paint at 2am.

am I the only one that thinks a magic with a bead would NOT be that over stable ?

Also way to quote yourself plex mane

am I the only one that thinks a magic with a bead would NOT be that over stable ?

Also way to quote yourself plex mane

I'm no trained disc designer, just did this for fun when i was bored, was trying to be somewhat like a Gator only a lower speed.

I think this would be very over-stable.

I'm interested in why this bothers you so much? :D

Servo is like a JLS or slightly beat eagle. -1HSS 2LSS or so. And the Switch based on videos and testimony is like a leopard or river and easier to turn over.

All depends on your power level though.

Sounds like I want a Servo. I lost a really beat, 165 "Champystar" Eagle X that was dead nuts straight and held anny lines great (but far from a turn and burn threat).

Wasn't sure if Servo, Volt, or ??? was the best MVP beat eagle clone. What do you guys think? (max out some'ers in the mid 300's)

Sounds like I want a Servo. I lost a really beat, 165 "Champystar" Eagle X that was dead nuts straight and held anny lines great (but far from a turn and burn threat).

Wasn't sure if Servo, Volt, or ??? was the best MVP beat eagle clone. What do you guys think? (max out some'ers in the mid 300's)

The servo, max distance, is a touch shorter, but it excels on those lines that an eagle does as well. I like DX eagles that have become comfortable line shapers at 75 percent power, and the servo fills hat spot. It excels at low ceiling shots from 270 - 300. It's magic around 300 and you really do get that beat eagle reliability and comfort.

The first "tweaked" Volt I got was Lt Blue, so it led me to wonder that too, but I was thinking it was just a coincidence.

I have a Blue Servo, and a white one that I haven't thrown. I'll post something here if I see a difference.

I've got a Lt. Blue Shock and a Sky Blue Servo that seem more stable than other colors I've gotten.

Agreed that the Servo will be closer to what you're looking for than a Volt. For a disc that is as HSS as the Servo, it holds even slight/shallow annys like a dream, even powered down some, right up until the late fade.

Make sure you fondle one first. I think the biggest difference you'll see isn't in the flight, but hand feel/release.

The Servo has a slight "plus" rim. Not nearly as pronounced as say a Teebird plus, but it might be something you'd have to adjust to.

The servo, max distance, is a touch shorter, but it excels on those lines that an eagle does as well. I like DX eagles that have become comfortable line shapers at 75 percent power, and the servo fills hat spot. It excels at low ceiling shots from 270 - 300. It's magic around 300 and you really do get that beat eagle reliability and comfort.

Agreed that the Servo will be closer to what you're looking for than a Volt. For a disc that is as HSS as the Servo, it holds even slight/shallow annys like a dream, even powered down some, right up until the late fade.

Make sure you fondle one first. I think the biggest difference you'll see isn't in the flight, but hand feel/release.

The Servo has a slight "plus" rim. Not nearly as pronounced as say a Teebird plus, but it might be something you'd have to adjust to.
Yeah, I think I'm going to get a new DX Eagle and a ~165 Servo and let them duel it out. I throw a lot of Latitude/Westside so I don't mind +rims but I might find one in a shop to feel up b/c I remember the Volts feeling really narrow.

Yeah, I think I'm going to get a new DX Eagle and a ~165 Servo and let them duel it out. I throw a lot of Latitude/Westside so I don't mind +rims but I might find one in a shop to feel up b/c I remember the Volts feeling really narrow.

Perfect plan. DX eagle will eventually get to that gentle turnover spot while the servo maintains that well seasoned flight. The servo was a weekend experiment. For me. Friday afternoon had me debating it, by Sunday, I really had had placed it solidly in the bag. Good luck.

Guess I'll be ordering a new Eclipse Ion tonight, cause this ones going on the wall.... First Ace!

12863617625_97af055461.jpg

I've got a Lt. Blue Shock and a Sky Blue Servo that seem more stable than other colors I've gotten.

I should have a chance to toss my white Servo this weekend, so I'll report back how it compares to the (dark) blue one.

Well, the white Servo was pretty much identical in flight to the blue one, and the white one is a tad lighter (170 vs. 172.)

Status
Not open for further replies.