• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if Chad or Brad might be able to chime in on this one...

I had a thought: Since the speed 7 class has had weights down into the 150s, and the distance class has been announced as going low, too, will we start to see the Amp/Volt/Shock trio in lighter weights? That would be awesome.

Wimps :p

FWIW I only had 3 out of the 32 under 165 in new order of switches. Im not sure super light weight is the "easiest" to mold up specially in a larger diameter/rim config and you never see a ton of light weight MVP on GGGT shelves. could be different with time though who knows. no blizzard kinda BS though plz.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if Chad or Brad might be able to chime in on this one...

I had a thought: Since the speed 7 class has had weights down into the 150s, and the distance class has been announced as going low, too, will we start to see the Amp/Volt/Shock trio in lighter weights? That would be awesome.

I am with you all the way on this since I use 150 class drivers. Would love to have them all that way so I can have an all MVP bag for fun. I don't know if they will knock out all my hoarded 150s I have, especially my Teebirds , but we are going to find out. I liked what I saw from the Servo from the handful of throws I had before I sprained my wrist. Gonna be a bit before I am back out throwing.

I've been using only Amp and Servo for my driver duties lately (Resistor for special shots), Amp for straight and or slight turnover throws and Servo for more stable flight. I've always felt that Amp doesn't fit well for me, sometimes I get nice turnover with fade at the end, sometimes it just doesn't flip from hyzer to flat, and sometimes I get dead straight low shots like I wanted.

About week ago I bought F7 for more understable duties, but I found that I can get pretty nice hyzer flips and S-curves with it too, so started to wonder if I need both Amp and F7. And today I traded Star TL for myself, and that also seems to be excellent straight driver for my power level (bit under 300 standstill). So suddenly I have three discs fighting for my main driver slot. And now there's Switch too... I have owned every MVP disc so far, so I guess I have to get my hands on Switch too, sooner or later (it's probably going to takes few weeks before Switch arrives to stores in Finland). Hopefully sooner before I fall in love with non-MVP drivers. ;)

But anyway, throwing F7 and TL has so far gotten me to like Amp even more, I hadn't thrown non-MVP driver for six months or so, and seeing the flight of other drivers looked really weird. MVP drivers seem to fly like train, whereas F7 looked like it just floated without destination, although they usually do land quite similar spots for me.

I just got my first throws with my two 178g Neutron Axis' and I wasn't disappointed. For me, it's like a longer Anode. Shapes the same lines very well with more speed and more glide. Flat top feels good in the hand especially with forehand grip and I was surprised also how well I could throw it as it has been said to be pretty sensitive.

I was surprised also how well I could throw it as it has been said to be pretty sensitive.

i was in the same boat as you for a while. there's a lot of people who say a lot about a lot of MVP discs. some of it's true, some of it might be, some of it is doubtful.

in my opinion, they are no more "sensitive" than any other disc, given equal stability ratings.

anyway, neutron axis was my baby for a while too. great straight shooter :D hope you enjoy.

in my opinion, they are no more "sensitive" than any other disc, given equal stability ratings.
I can believe that. But at least Axis responses very well to different angles, I have to be very careful because a bit wrong angle and it may not go where I want it to go.

I think my sweet spot for weight is somewhere around 162 - if they could make a Volt or Amp there, I'd be happy.

Pretty sweet day today... Got in 3 rounds at Wingfoot Lake State Park from the short tees (the longs still have 4" of ice on them). It hit close to 50 degrees, so I was determined to make the best of it.

Well, I'm pretty happy with the results. Shot my best score on that course AND managed to figure out what has perplexed me for so long about the Axis. A little adjustment on my grip, and that bad boy is now a killer addition to the bag! Got me out of a couple of trouble spots today to save par.

Seemed like lots of stuff was clicking today. The Envy was awesome as a driver in some pretty heavy winds, the Axis was on it, Vector was dropping some great hyzer spike lines, Tensor was straight with that late fade right towards the basket. Parked holes with the Servo and Resistor as well and had a couple sweet ace runs with an Amp and the Volt. Just a matter of time before one of those drops in....

Was pretty funny also... 3 different approach shots on 17, and hit the basket all three times with 3 separate discs: Vector, Tangent & Ion.

Almost hated pulling out my Underworld today for a couple backhand slice shots since all the MVP discs were just killing it. Have a pretty nice range of Switches on the way, and I'm hoping the 157g will be flippy enough to replace the Underworld since it's a little finicky at times.

Just lovin' the consistency of the MVP molds... Thanks for making such great discs fellas!

She's out there alone right now. Lost and scared in the dark probably wondering where I am. Actually, I'm pretty sure she's being tortured by the a-holes behind him who had to pick her up.

I threw her on hole 6 at Bradford. Landed in the fairway 3-quarters of the way down. For my upshot I sidearmed her right up under the basket. I dropped in my putter but left her just laying there. My god, how could I just forget to pick up my favorite girl. She's been with me for so long and we were in tune. She did whatever I needed.

Two holes later I realized she was gone. Panic set in. I remember exactly where I left her. I raced back to find only empty leaves and the breeze blowing softly. She was no where to be found.

There was one young couple with a little girl behind us. There was no one else around. They had let my group of 4 go ahead on hole one. I passed them on the way back to my group. They had to have it I thought. It was right under the basket.

"Hi, did you happen to find a black disc under the basket on hole 6? She turned away as he simply said, "No". They kept walking. The bold face lie hung in the air. If it were not for the little girl I would have pushed it.

Alas, my 174 year and a half perfectly beat in black vector is gone. My baby's gone...

tangent was killing it today at league. teepads were mostly slush/ice so i was doing a lot of standstill driving with the tangent. it is absolutely amazing for it. i sucked HARD but the tangent was great.

Just tested how Axis fights wind and I wasn't pleased. I couldn't control it at all because it started to turn very easily.

Axis is not good in wind because its more flippy, try a vector or tensor if you want more wind resistance.

Bfowler, sorry you had your disc taken from you. Hopefully someone in the MP has a similar Vector for you.

I don't like beaded discs so I think I'll add whether Tensor or Resistor.

The Resistor is more of a mid/fairway tweener, but if you don't mind something at that speed, it is amazing. Preeminently HSS, it's great for long approaches, skip shots, low ceilings, and big hyzers. The longer I bag it the more uses I find for it, especially in the windy Louisiana winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.