• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jongoff09<-----------Totally out of the loop. :eek:

Now I need an Eclipse sparkle Nano. Might as well order some and an Alias or three along with it. Guess I need an Envy too. Ugh, here take all my money.

Is anyone out there longing for baseline MVP discs as much as I am? Can you imagine a baseline Ion? Envy? Tangent? Amp? Volt?

...drooling...

we've definitely talked about this in the past

my top MVP wants right now are a soft envy and baseline ion

I'm hoping for one by the summer

I know we've talked about it. I just keep hoping for it to happen soon. What I really want most are baseline drivers. I suspect that they'll release the Volt in that plastic first, since it's the flagship driver in the fleet.

Baseline seems nice because people like a broken in disc. I'm curious to see if baseline MVP screws the gyro up.

I can imagine a baseline ion. Its called a wizard.

Yup, thats what i use when i need baseline grip on rainy days. Very little difference at putting distance between Ion/Wizard, even the feel is similar.

Steezo, why would base line mess with GYRO? same physics, different plastic.

Yup, thats what i use when i need baseline grip on rainy days. Very little difference at putting distance between Ion/Wizard, even the feel is similar.

Steezo, why would base line mess with GYRO? same physics, different plastic.

Perhaps if the baseline rim gets beat up it will have a detrimental effect on the gyro ?

Thought I read in the Q&A that they weren't planning a baseline anytime soon cause they can't bond the overmold to a baseline plastic since they are two different polymer families. And, no plans to do a non-overmold disc at all. It'd be neat to see what they come up with if they did a baseline, but just sounded like it wasn't something the public would see anytime soon, if ever.

Thought I read in the Q&A that they weren't planning a baseline anytime soon cause they can't bond the overmold to a baseline plastic since they are two different polymer families. And, no plans to do a non-overmold disc at all. It'd be neat to see what they come up with if they did a baseline, but just sounded like it wasn't something the public would see anytime soon, if ever.

Would the entire thing be baseline plastic or just the flight plate? Weird.

polymers need to be the same in order to naturally bond. the OM and cores have to be of similar plastics in order to work. If they make a baseline disc then the OM would not be the same as current ones.

polymers need to be the same in order to naturally bond. the OM and cores have to be of similar plastics in order to work. If they make a baseline disc then the OM would not be the same as current ones.

Correct - and it sounded like getting the right density of the material in the OM to keep the proper weight ratio between OM and Core was a technical limitation here as well since the OM is so heavy.

Given how MVP started with the taping of weights, and their inclination to tinker (see the OM TeeBird), they may surprise us. But, with the Axiom line, Switch, and 4 newly announced DD molds, not surprised they haven't made BL a priority.

But, since we're throwing out "wants", I'd love to see the Server in an Eclipse plastic ASAP fellas ;-)

Here's what they said:

4. Is there a plan for Base line cores and different over-molds for that matter-- softer/harder?

There are a lot of advantages that can be attained with GYRO™ Overmold Technology in a baseline plastic. We have done some trial batches of baseline plastic in our putters. So far we are satisfied with the performance of the material. The reason we have not released it yet is that it is going to require a new mold (core and overmold) that suits the shrink parameters of the overmold process. The combination of a new plastic line and new molds means that baseline plastic requires a larger investment and learning curve than the discs we are developing at this point, so it has not been a top priority. Since our lineup is expanding, the priority of a baseline plastic has moved closer to the top now. It's hard to determine whether we will be able to launch it this year.

On a related note, when it comes to baseline plastics versus premium plastics, both core and overmold materials have to be in the same polymer family to be bondable. Therefore, it's not feasible to do a baseline core with a premium plastic overmold, and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.