• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I bagged the Fission Photon today. Max D. I also took out my Tangent and Crave today. We'll give the Theory another go.
How's the Photon flying for you? Is there any real adjusting to the significant weight difference or is it not really an issue?

Alright I bagged the Fission Photon today. Max D. I also took out my Tangent and Crave today. We'll give the Theory another go.

Theory and Alias replaced my Tangent. Tangent is awesome, but can't quite do what the two can accomplish. Why did you take out the Crave though? What's replacing it?

I would argue the tangent actually does more but not as specialized as the theory and alias for their designs. They do their lines very well but a tangent does all lines well :)

I would argue the tangent actually does more but not as specialized as the theory and alias for their designs. They do their lines very well but a tangent does all lines well :)

^This. Very neutral slower mid. Holds lines great, all shots. The only issue for me is that the Tangent occupies a very small space between putters and true mids.

This.

Especially on anhyzer lines. My only issue with the Tangent is that it requires a good snap (like all MVP/Axiom discs do) and therefore it doesn't power down very well...

Omfg can we stop talking about snap like it's a separate part of the throw, as if you need to throw mvp discs differently than any other disc. pleeeeeease.

Thinking about trying the tangent again instead of comet. but then I would not have any true understable mids. Essential for me since I throw rhbh. Maybe I can find a beat to **** tangent in a used pile somewhere. We shall see.

ACTIVATE THE GYRO BRO!

re:us tangent id like to try a lighter plasma if they are around. Ive rekindled my love for the tangie. Only come across one puddle top which didnt have the same HSS at all.

I do like the tangent a lot though. It's a really good disc. Not as versatile as the comet, but the comet is starting to seem out of place and getting less use with my gazelles on longer shots. Similar to how I stepped from tb to gazelles I'm thinking a shorter disc might be the ticket, then just grab a trashed one to complement it stability-wise.

They need to make something just a tick beefier and slower than the tensor. All of mvp mids are quite fast and long with the exception of the tangent, but even that has clear separation from my Polecats.

Omfg can we stop talking about snap like it's a separate part of the throw, as if you need to throw mvp discs differently than any other disc. pleeeeeease.

Thinking about trying the tangent again instead of comet. but then I would not have any true understable mids. Essential for me since I throw rhbh. Maybe I can find a beat to **** tangent in a used pile somewhere. We shall see.

What ya need a beat Tangent for? It's completely fadeless out of the box and will hold anhyzer to the ground.

ACTIVATE THE GYRO BRO!

re:us tangent id like to try a lighter plasma if they are around. Ive rekindled my love for the tangie. Only come across one puddle top which didnt have the same HSS at all.

It was always my favorite MVP mid, after the Axis. Plus it makes a decent putter...even lower profile and faster than the Atom, which I'm guessing you'll just love. :D

They have the Theory for that.

Don't like the theory rim feel and I throw rhbh/Lhfh. Having some good turn on a disc is helpful to me. They also have beat tangents for that, I'm sure. I used to throw them and liked them. Good woods mid. Also answers your prior question. :)

Don't like the theory rim feel and I throw rhbh/Lhfh. Having some good turn on a disc is helpful to me. They also have beat tangents for that, I'm sure. I used to throw them and liked them. Good woods mid. Also answers your prior question. :)

Well, I just throw a Buzzz and Wasp now. ;) I started micro-managing my mids a little, trying out different ones, and then just said the hell with it.

I micromanage my bag in general, though I'm pretty sure I've got it dialed in with the exception of my neutral/us mid and destroyers vs a pd2/katana combo until I can season in a ppd2.

Might be making a trip to the store here soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.