• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 130s and low 40s can be understable at a high speed. The ones in my order had a dome too where my 160s do not.

If distance is what you want a lighter wave IMO is a better option but fission photons are fun. The 134gs i threw turned like hell compared to the photons in my bag which are OS even down to low 160gs

I think tonight I gave up on my 138g Fission Photon. Any headwind at all and it turns and burns.

Thanks for the heads up.

I think tonight I gave up on my 138g Fission Photon. Any headwind at all and it turns and burns.

I have a 144 I use to shape high S lines that can hold a turn and still come back for particular shots, but I wouldn't trust it to heavy winds. The science of extra gyro is sound, but the physics of a light disc in wind can trump it if strong enough.

I have a 163 I use for headwind drives and I quite like it at my strength for that. If the wind was extreme, I'd consider throwing a max weight N in the bag.

I have not shot a 138, but that does sound dangerously light.

I have a 144 I use to shape high S lines that can hold a turn and still come back for particular shots, but I wouldn't trust it to heavy winds. The science of extra gyro is sound, but the physics of a light disc in wind can trump it if strong enough.

I have a 163 I use for headwind drives and I quite like it at my strength for that. If the wind was extreme, I'd consider throwing a max weight N in the bag.

I have not shot a 138, but that does sound dangerously light.

Yeah, I did not worry about the light weight as I have a 129g Spirit that is still a meat hook, not so with the Photon. Maybe a 138g Phase would work.

Very interesting, thanks for that. What of the Trilogy Tangent?

If you were referring to the PLasma Circuit Tangent, I love this thing!! Just a bit of added dome than my Neutron had, and tons more glide. I don't think I have used my beat Wasp for anything other than a roller since the circuit event...

^ Did you mean Circuit Tangent? Gotta admit it sounds tasty.

If you were referring to the PLasma Circuit Tangent, I love this thing!! Just a bit of added dome than my Neutron had, and tons more glide. I don't think I have used my beat Wasp for anything other than a roller since the circuit event...

:eek: :doh: yes, the circuit - plasma - tangent. We're trying to put a circuit together here but the exchange rate CAD-USD is so poor and dropping at the moment. Our cost after shipping, taxes and conversion is at $40CAD/pack COST. Very hard to justify. Nothing that MVP can do, their offer is sound, its just cross-border reality. Sounds like if it falls through I'll seek out a player pack elsewhere for the extra glidey tangent though!

Is there a way I can get the N Relay amd Plasma Tangent only?
They are for sale on an auction site whose name I won't mention. Check the MP too. Also if you can get a hold of a TD they can order extra of
what you want

How much more OS is the Tesla over the Wrath for you guys? I'm getting like 10/4/0/3 for the Tesla and for the Wrath 10/5/-1/2. However they consistently ended up in the same spot. Wrath was like a longer Volt but seems to possess more glide. The Tesla was just straight with a hard fade as described. Tesla has slightly less glide but again I had near identical distance (I did drive the N Wrath 25' further then the pack a few times). I was throwing a N Tesla, N Wrath, P Tesla, and P Wrath. Also the Neutron/Proton models were consistent.

Pretty much. Wrath like the volt, just seems to lose its fade while even my very beat teslas or light weight ones still have fade. I wouldnt say 0 hss keeps either like a volt more turn then late fade ala longerish shock.

Pretty much. Wrath like the volt, just seems to lose its fade while even my very beat teslas or light weight ones still have fade. I wouldnt say 0 hss keeps either like a volt more turn then late fade ala longerish shock.

I can't decide which one to keep (Tesla/Wrath). The Volt is my workhorse. I have an Insanity for max distance and for tailwind. I just need a true OS driver. I think the Tesla will fight the wind better.

Yeah tesla does in my experience. Little less glide and more fade.

Why decide tho? When i lose my beat teslas ill just buy some wraths to throw in the mix of my fresh teslas sitting around waiting for action.

Have you tried a wave for some true max d/tailwind throws? I think we are on different power levels but find the wave to really suit players with lower power really well like the insanity does.

Also went out with a hardcore volt bag.. Fission 161 plasma 175 beat and fresh n/p runs which was a stupid killer setup from one mold. Volts might just take over all go to driver shots again outside of max D it is just THAT good.

Last edited:
I can't decide which one to keep (Tesla/Wrath). The Volt is my workhorse. I have an Insanity for max distance and for tailwind. I just need a true OS driver. I think the Tesla will fight the wind better.

Had a surprising experience in extreme winds where my 170 proton Tesla was buffeted and proved squirrely. It is good in wind to a point, but on this day the Tesla had to give way to my Shock. In the end, while I can throw the Tesla farther, Shock is still my go to wind-fighter. In the interest of keeping my bag clear, I released the Tesla from duty, swapped my Fission volt out for a 174 Eclipse and added a heavier Fission Photon in place of the Tesla (bag two Photons - 144 & 163) for the longer lines with some fade. Clears up confusion of what to use in wind, adds some distance options and improves the utility of my Volt.

Yeah tesla does in my experience. Little less glide and more fade.

Why decide tho? When i lose my beat teslas ill just buy some wraths to throw in the mix of my fresh teslas sitting around waiting for action.

Have you tried a wave for some true max d/tailwind throws? I think we are on different power levels but find the wave to really suit players with lower power really well like the insanity does.

Also went out with a hardcore volt bag.. Fission 161 plasma 175 beat and fresh n/p runs which was a stupid killer setup from one mold. Volts might just take over all go to driver shots again outside of max D it is just THAT good.

I am currently in the process of obtaining lighter Volts (171g) I will have 2 Plasma, 1 Neutron, and I think my Fission may make the bag. I feel I already have a ton of molds in my bag (11). 2 putters, 3 mids, 3 fairways, and 3 distance drivers. Volt flies further then advertised. Wrath and Volt overlap imo. I need something to fight the wind and be a DD. I dont have the biggest arm (350' on average Id say).

I dont go past the speed 10. I am very comfy with the insanity for now. I love its glide and flight path.

Had a surprising experience in extreme winds where my 170 proton Tesla was buffeted and proved squirrely. It is good in wind to a point, but on this day the Tesla had to give way to my Shock. In the end, while I can throw the Tesla farther, Shock is still my go to wind-fighter. In the interest of keeping my bag clear, I released the Tesla from duty, swapped my Fission volt out for a 174 Eclipse and added a heavier Fission Photon in place of the Tesla (bag two Photons - 144 & 163) for the longer lines with some fade. Clears up confusion of what to use in wind, adds some distance options and improves the utility of my Volt.

So what drivers do you bag?

I used to bag the Shock but wanted something faster. Volt is a workhorse, irreplaceable disc imo.

I am currently in the process of obtaining lighter Volts (171g) I will have 2 Plasma, 1 Neutron, and I think my Fission may make the bag. I feel I already have a ton of molds in my bag (11). 2 putters, 3 mids, 3 fairways, and 3 distance drivers. Volt flies further then advertised. Wrath and Volt overlap imo. I need something to fight the wind and be a DD. I dont have the biggest arm (350' on average Id say).

I dont go past the speed 10. I am very comfy with the insanity for now. I love its glide and flight path.

So what drivers do you bag?

I used to bag the Shock but wanted something faster. Volt is a workhorse, irreplaceable disc imo.

I'm in the 350-75 range.

I carry 18 discs in all - 6 putters, 3 mids, 4 fairway and 5 DDs. I find the DDs, while used least are more prone to proper disc selection, hence the number. I have two each of proxy and soft envies which drives up my putter count.

As for drivers - 157 N, 166 P Crave; 174 E Volt; 175 N Shock; 165 N Virus; 168 P Insanity; 166 N Wave; 144 F, 163 F Photon.

For anything but blustery headwinds, the 163 F Photon is workable. Reminds me of a fresh Pro Destroyer. Shock handles beastly winds and serves as a useful control OS driver (love it for skip hyzer forehands). I couldn't throw the Tesla much farther than my E Volt, if any, so I ended the Fission Volt experiment and put old faithful back in in place of the Tesla. I like to trust the E Volt for straight fade and some wind. I use Craves to work straight and just either side of it. I really like the Insanity for reliable flips and predictable distance. Virus surprised me, nice for long anny's instantly reminded me of my old Sidewinder. Light Photon for sky anny S lines which come into play in my parts or very long straight to fade lines. I haven't totally fallen in love with the Wave yet, but I've seen the extra distance happen often enough that I keep trying to get control of the power/wing angle to unlock the magic.

You mentioned not needing to go over speed 10, which I respect, but the F Photons are very good. Range of weights really comes into play, I have one each in 40, 50 and 60's. Max weight Fission gets most use for me. I can shape it better than my Tesla and it doesn't give up much in wind handling at max weight. Between those and my heavy E Volt the lines and utility are covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.