• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur with the sentiment of current molds in some of the new plastics, and surprise announcements of the Axiom 21.5mms.

Plasma was a big release, but there are only a couple of molds out in it. Maybe its different with a company like Innova because they have so many molds to resell. If a plastic takes off its a real market driver where with MVP, they are focused on filling out the line-up first.

Nice that we got to sample much this year, and its only half way through.

Another observation from the shop owner yesterday: He said Plasma was kind of tough for him to justify because it doesn't vary enough, other than in appearance, from Neutron. Can't say I disagree with him. There's a much finer line between Neutron and Plasma than there is between Star and GStar, for example. I don't know if he has provided this feedback to MVP or not, but I would think it might be something to consider.

For the random shop owner who brings new stuff in but doesn't follow some of the brands as hardcore as we do on here, it might help to market more of the differences between Plasma and Neutron, or perhaps phase out one or the other in some molds.

Another observation from the shop owner yesterday: He said Plasma was kind of tough for him to justify because it doesn't vary enough, other than in appearance, from Neutron. Can't say I disagree with him. There's a much finer line between Neutron and Plasma than there is between Star and GStar, for example. I don't know if he has provided this feedback to MVP or not, but I would think it might be something to consider.

For the random shop owner who brings new stuff in but doesn't follow some of the brands as hardcore as we do on here, it might help to market more of the differences between Plasma and Neutron, or perhaps phase out one or the other in some molds.

Count me as glad Plasma isn't like GStar. :gross:

That's true. Even with Proton and Neutron, the stability and beat-in isn't proprietary. Mostly is seems to come down to fashion. Hard or soft seems to be the only major difference from a performance perspective and its not offered consistently yet.

Perhaps the best thing would be to make Plasma soft and keep neutron and proton relatively firm (although I like the semi-soft current blends). Then it would create more distinction for Plasma. I'd thought there was going to be more dome introduced with Plasma to 'simulate' pop top single shot molding. Has that panned out?

Fission and Electron on the otherhand... this should be a huge release priority. Get the world all their options in these unique blends. Fission Crave with the added Gyro... could you make a Crave straighter? Electron Crave for winter/wet disc - yes please.

Am I crazy? I think plasma is definitely different enough.

Ive got a N Amp and 2 plasmas. The 2 plasmas are different enough from my N to bag both plastics. They're more stable than the neutron for me

I sure do enjoy some dome every now and then :thmbup:

See, that's what I was curious about - if that was an across the board thing that Plasma's were molded up with more dome (intentionally, of course). If I know that to be true, then it adds something to the line for sure.

See, that's what I was curious about - if that was an across the board thing that Plasma's were molded up with more dome (intentionally, of course). If I know that to be true, then it adds something to the line for sure.
Yeah that's been a selling point on the Plasma drivers so far. The putters are supposed to be normal N/P shape.

Am I crazy? I think plasma is definitely different enough.

I think close followers of the brands and molds can certainly tell the difference. But to the shop owner who stocks every brand and maybe doesn't follow as closely - but then he sees a difference on the price sheet between N and Pl without a marginal difference other than cosmetics - it can be confusing.

Fission Photon, is it worth picking up? Do you guys prefer the super light ones, heavier ones, or what?

Fission Photon, is it worth picking up? Do you guys prefer the super light ones, heavier ones, or what?

Depends on your arm. I really like both my 155, and 140. The lighter one took a bit getting used to though, but it's so effortless to throw.

I have pretty much sworn I will not buy another driver unless it is either Plasma or Fission. Neutron is fine for putters and mids, but I want some dome.

Depends on your arm. I really like both my 155, and 140. The lighter one took a bit getting used to though, but it's so effortless to throw.

I think i'll look at grabbing the lightest one I can find. I am thinking about grabbing some lower weight Volts as well. Fission Volt at 165g has been odd for me. Can't seem to get as much distance as my 174g N and Plasma Volts and a hell of alot less accurate.

The 130s and low 40s can be understable at a high speed. The ones in my order had a dome too where my 160s do not.

If distance is what you want a lighter wave IMO is a better option but fission photons are fun. The 134gs i threw turned like hell compared to the photons in my bag which are OS even down to low 160gs

Status
Not open for further replies.