• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Light Photons will turn and burn in a headwind.

Yes, yes they can and will. Even the mighty Gyro cannot overcome the effect of a super light disc in a high wind. I put a lot of trust in my 144 at first, but had an extreme wind burn on a sky anny that turned so hard in came back my way in a giant U.

That said, I've had notably better success in respectable winds using a max weight Fission.

On a flat throw, are you guys getting more turn out of the F Photons? I have a couple max weight N, but they dont have much turn in them yet.

On a flat throw, are you guys getting more turn out of the F Photons? I have a couple max weight N, but they dont have much turn in them yet.

Seems to me like weight is more important than F versus N. The ones I have are like:

174 N: No turn, pretty beefy fade
164 F: No turn, later, softer fade than ^. More workable, but it still kind of surprises me how HS stable it is.
156 N: Kinda turny. If I rip it flat, it locks into a L to R drift and holds it.
153 F: More turn than ^, but not by much. They're pretty close.

Good to know, thanks. I really like consistency, hence throwing MVP, and would prefer sticking to N. Not having to switch up with F for workable DDs is a plus.

From my experience and from what I have read here, I am thinking there is probably a sweet spot for nice controlled turn for those of us that exist in between noodle arm and cannon at about 148-150g. I may have to pick on up to try it.

Throwing about 400', my 162g Fission would slowly flip up and over for a long s-curve from a small hyzer release. I just bought a 174g N for beefy shots.

I'm wondering, where does the lightweight Photon and heavy Wave overlap? or do they at all?

up to the mid 150s the heavier waves might overlap a little but still fly different. The biggest thing to me was the dome on the min weight photons which made it turn hard early at a high power and even the heavy waves are not that "flippy" for lack of better words even though I hate that term the 134g photon I threw was truly flippy while the 166g wave was not. 173 definitely not so just truly understable.

Throwing about 400', my 162g Fission would slowly flip up and over for a long s-curve from a small hyzer release. I just bought a 174g N for beefy shots.

I'm wondering, where does the lightweight Photon and heavy Wave overlap? or do they at all?

I have a 144 F Photon that turns a little more than my 166 Wave but fights outs harder as it slows. 153 Photon turns a little less than the Wave, 163 a little less again, but can still be shaped. I really like the F Photons knowing they'll turn and come back but I don't get that same confidence if I put a little too much steam on the Wave (yet I feel I need to get a good snap to see the distance gains). They are different beasts.

Am I the only one who tries to have their mini match the main putter? This task is so hard for me due to me being colorblind lbs.

Well I didn't try to do this it just kind of happened this year. I always use a pink mini because they stand out in the grass and therefore are hard to forgot to pick up. And when I bought my first firm Atom, the pink was the only max weight they had at the time.

Well I didn't try to do this it just kind of happened this year. I always use a pink mini because they stand out in the grass and therefore are hard to forgot to pick up. And when I bought my first firm Atom, the pink was the only max weight they had at the time.

Pink Plasma Nano? Mmmmm.

Got some lighter volts today (Plasma at 170 and N 171). Plasma Anode at 175g and a matching nano. To close it off a 141g photon.. Let er rip!

Attachments

• 20150811_145654.jpg
    20150811_145654.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 20
I got one of those as well, have you thrown it yet, lol? I had a big arm guy throw mine. It didn't fade but just rotated 90 degrees and kept flying straight about 40ft.

Alright I bagged the Fission Photon today. Max D. I also took out my Tangent and Crave today. We'll give the Theory another go.

Status
Not open for further replies.