• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I find the overmold material itself to be fragile. It does not stand up to the kind of abuse I can inflict upon a disc when things go awry. I like my discs to last a few seasons and break into their intended flight paths. This is a far more prevalent issue as the overmold gets thinner and thinner as you ascend through the disc speed classes.

Last edited:
Apparently improvements are being made to the gyro material to make stronger which wasnt possible b4. Some runs are VERY hard others not quite as much. I was skeptical of axiom colors early on but my theories and virus insanity etc hold up extremely well.

Fragile is a little bit of an overstatement unless we are talking electron plastic ;)

My Skullboy Theory seems nearly indestructible.
Meanwhile, I've burned the heck out of the rim on my Orbital... it just goes way further than expected and finds trees and parking lots I never expected to hit!

I never had any issues with OM durability vs. other plastics until they started running these gummier runs of N drivers.

I'm sure they'll find the happy medium there.

Yeah, there's definitely a difference in durabilty throughout the runs. I hope that gets solved soon. Thats my only issue with MVP.

They hold up perfectly decent against tree shots and gravel and what not. Just wait until you inadvertently unleash your forehand cannon at something more formidible, like a coarse parking lot or some metal bleachers lol, then you will see.

No, I have hit boulders at point blank range with a full power drive with no problem. You had a bad experience and are making broad generalizations. Tougher than any Innova plastic for sure. Not as tough as K1, but K1 is almost too tough.

No, I have hit boulders at point blank range with a full power drive with no problem. You had a bad experience and are making broad generalizations. Tougher than any Innova plastic for sure. Not as tough as K1, but K1 is almost too tough.

The sentence after you mentioned broad generalizations, you say that MVP is tougher than any Innova plastic FOR SURE.

You sir, win the internetz award today.

The thing is... With extra weight in the rim the stability isnt changed with hits as drastically as single shot discs nor do MVPs warp like other discs. I swear overmolds get harder with age too but probably just the compression of wing nose due to throwing.

The worst warp culprits I have seen would be Innova G-Star. A buddy of mine had a 168 Destroyer in this plastic. He drilled the first tree on hole 5 at Central. It was almost comical how much it deformed. Never bounced back neither.

Last edited:
No salient baseline which felt like a waxy gstar.

Whats weird about gstar is normally softer discs are the most resilient. My old ass soft neutron ions are used everyyyyyy round for mad drives and upshots yet fly OS still since release lol.

I always suspected it was a blend of Star and R-Pro polymers. Either way, it is craptacular. I really do daydream about a straight Proton disc, the core plastic is delicious in both look and feel. I wager it would hold up pretty well long-term too. They should run one just to shut me up.

No need. I have 3 proton volts ive been waiting to cycle in for a 2 years now. Same old one just stays ITB... :)

When we throw ill bring new MVP discs and just thrash them the whole round for your single shot loving ass. If you like gstar you will luvs my soft N ions.

I actually like the Volt, I just happen to like TeeBirds a lot more. If you need help thrashing, I can hit obstacles as effectively as I can avoid them too rofl. Too bad mother nature is on the rag still... Enough of this on/off rainy crapola. And I H9 GSTAR (H9 is one step beyond H8)

Status
Not open for further replies.