• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To chime in on Stokes saying the MVP discs are helping him win... This guy could gun an X-Clone (speed 6 overstable fairway with minimal glide) over 600 feet. I bet he could win with Lightning products if he were to try. This would not make Lightning the best company in disc golf.

Every paid-for pro: those discs really make them champ out

Pro using preferred gear on open market: well he could throw anything, it's all skill

I'd be ashamed if marketing worked that well on me

The sun must be in his eyes, they're super slammed... :cool:

Dudes a trip and I don't understand him. But I hope he doesn't give up on Fly High Discs.

I met Scott a little over a year ago when I first started getting into Disc Golf. He had an ad on Craigslist selling discs and sold me some pot leaf stamped wizards for $5 a piece. He told me all about his new line of discs coming out. Really nice guy even though I sat in a parking lot for an hour waiting on him to arrive.
I suspect he's trying to get a line of Scott Stockley discs produced by MVP now, because the first run of Fly High Discs produced by gateway weren't up to par. I hope they keep the Fly High Disc name but who knows if he and his partner that owns Flygreen Discs produced them as a one time deal or not. But hey what do I know, I'm just another internet jockey pulling stuff out of thin air.

I met Scott a little over a year ago when I first started getting into Disc Golf. He had an ad on Craigslist selling discs and sold me some pot leaf stamped wizards for $5 a piece. He told me all about his new line of discs coming out. Really nice guy even though I sat in a parking lot for an hour waiting on him to arrive.
I suspect he's trying to get a line of Scott Stockley discs produced by MVP now, because the first run of Fly High Discs produced by gateway weren't up to par. I hope they keep the Fly High Disc name but who knows if he and his partner that owns Flygreen Discs produced them as a one time deal or not. But hey what do I know, I'm just another internet jockey pulling stuff out of thin air.

Yeah, but at least you used logic in your analysis.

Dumped my Skullboy Orbital into a black hole of brambles, burrs, and dried out beaver dam/gopher hole ridden nastiness.
Looked for an hour and didn't find it.
Refused to give up, took my wife back a couple hours later cause she finds everything I lose, and she somehow located it in the most insanely difficult spot ever. (She also found another disc, and I found two more, none inked)
100 stubbornness points for us today.

Stokely's the man. I couldn't be happier with this nonsorship.

The problem is a non-sponsorship only means something when that player doesn't want anything in return, Stokely wants something(either more money or some other business deal.) It's the same reason I don't pay any attention to the reviews on here from MVP's "testers," they are all to often just sucking up so they can get more free discs...

The problem is a non-sponsorship only means something when that player doesn't want anything in return, Stokely wants something(either more money or some other business deal.) It's the same reason I don't pay any attention to the reviews on here from MVP's "testers," they are all to often just sucking up so they can get more free discs...

You just gained some major credibility with that statement. Bravo! +1 (now your back at zero :D )

I think we all thought you were going to work in the s*** proxy somehow...

Out of curiosity, who are the testers?

I know big sky

When you read a review on here and it goes something like this it's probably from a "tester" or someone trying to become a "tester."

"The by MVP/Axiom is one on the best discs I have ever thrown. It is longer and has so much more control than (insert name of popular disc that flies sort of similar) I think this disc is going to be a hit and everyone should try it."

The real tell tale sign is that two weeks later it won't be in their bag any more.

I think it depends on your power and what weight your Wave is.

The Orbital is in the unLace/Mamba zone of understability, for me. Turns over from a hyzer with ease and will burn early without enough height. I think if you don't normally crack 300 the Orbital will do it, but much more than that and it's going to be difficult to control.

Granted, this is my single round impression. But even for a lefty noodle arm, it's still going to fill more of a utility role. Plenty of room to fit another mold between the Wave and Orbital IMO.

Some of us can be objective. I love MVP stuff, but I don't click with everything. I couldn't gel with the Theory, most recently, and the Amp was a disappointment for me back when it came out.

I also think the dudes at MVP are mature enough to handle constructive criticism. Are testers going to come on here and completely trash a mold? No. But if it doesn't work for us and we lay out our thoughts in a reasonable fashion, then I think we're OK.

Ill just say this again for the record...

I dont want any free **** nor do i want to be sponsored etc.

Well said 1Mi+ ;)

Some of us can be objective. I love MVP stuff, but I don't click with everything. I couldn't gel with the Theory, most recently, and the Amp was a disappointment for me back when it came out.

I also think the dudes at MVP are mature enough to handle constructive criticism. Are testers going to come on here and completely trash a mold? No. But if it doesn't work for us and we lay out our thoughts in a reasonable fashion, then I think we're OK.

Hmm, I don't like either of those either. I wonder if our throwing style is similar?

Send all unwanted Amps to me. They WILL have a good home. :)

And I'll take the Theories. Those things are magical for me.

On the Stokely thing, I hope MVP stays a million miles away from this guy. They've already signed one flake, and we all know how Nikko turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.