• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think a Relay compliment by Christmas

Pirate I'm not sure there's enough of a gap distance wise. My Axis and Vector go just about as far as my Crave.

But then again I'm all for new molds, why not

I only see about 60-70' feet spread between my fastest and slowest discs with each increment going somewhere in the gap. My MVP mids sometimes go a while between Envy/Proxy and Crave throws. I think something to stand-out would break-up the mold(s) a bit. Innova has sort of boxed themselves into even speed ratings (although I'm sure the discs vary), MVP could get nerdier with the mm's. I have camera lenses with non-traditional aperture ratings for example. As long as its close to the 16mm, but not 16mm (speed 6 - traditionally being the beginning of fairway class) - say 15.3mm or whatever number it would take to make a disc that was a mid, but as close to a driver a you could get without losing that distinction. As Tangent is to putters, EXPONENT (or perhaps Lust as Axiom) is to drivers.

I digress. I've gone off on a Tangent. I too would like a compliment to the Relay for sure, interesting class.

Predictions on Nov releases?

Due to receiving a suuuper soft N Tesla in the last order (so cool and unexpected), I think a soft N release in other molds is close. Sweet candy Proton Wave... and Shock!? Not sure what else...

Had a disc idea for MVP - like the Tangent blurs lines between putter and mid, a mid to blur that line to fairway. A 15.5mm mid-way...

How soft? Like the soft N for the envy?

Discraft's Glide is 16mm and pretty hybrid like. You could put a similar wing on the mid core and have an excellent hybrid. I could see dropping it down to a 15mm rim and it still being faster than the Axis/Vector set.

This has been my #1 wish from MVP though, fairways on the mid core. The Stalker is still probably my favorite all around disc. I would love to see a similar mold come out from MVP or Axiom. There are very few discs like it on the market.

Theres probably a reason for that.

Ive seen like 2 people throw stalkers in the wild. I think I was one of them.

Relay is legit though. I might sell off my 7 speeds.

The Kastaplast Kaxe or the DGA Squall are both those perfect mid/fairway driver hybrids you speak of. I love both of those discs... Yeah, a MVP version would be interesting.

The Kastaplast Kaxe or the DGA Squall are both those perfect mid/fairway driver hybrids you speak of. I love both of those discs... Yeah, a MVP version would be interesting.

In spite of AIM's claims, there's definitely a market for them. The Warship is another that feels hybridish. I haven't thrown a Gremlin, but hear it's similar also. Still on the smaller side of the market, but with the right promotion and design, I think it's a niche that can be exploited. Every other type of disc seems over saturated.

Are there some Proton Plasma hybrids out there? I saw a Volt the other day that looked like Plasma but was a Proton. I'm not really in the loop about all the different runs and whatnot.

Are there some Proton Plasma hybrids out there? I saw a Volt the other day that looked like Plasma but was a Proton. I'm not really in the loop about all the different runs and whatnot.

None officially that I have heard of. I am a bit confused though. Protons are translucent while Plasmas are opaque. Was this an opaque Proton Volt that you saw?
A better Jolly Launcher?

None officially that I have heard of. I am a bit confused though. Protons are translucent while Plasmas are opaque. Was this an opaque Proton Volt that you saw?
A better Jolly Launcher?

It was gold and looked like Plasma with a Proton stamp. If the stamp was wiped, it could have easily passed for Plasma. I should have picked it up.

It was gold and looked like Plasma with a Proton stamp. If the stamp was wiped, it could have easily passed for Plasma. I should have picked it up.

The golds are the best. I have a FR amp like that and had a ion/anode in the orders too. Proton stamp would be neat just bc tho!

Ranger - the relay is unique. Pretty stable but holds a line and has a touch of fade that keeps it reliable. Havent thrown many discs like it honestly what i always wanted put of a leopard but the champs were OS like tbs and pros/dx all over. I like it a lot so far and prolly wont use craves.

I did throw once but it was dark and hard to tell if it flipped a bit or just held the weird line I put on it.

The golds are the best. I have a FR amp like that and had a ion/anode in the orders too. Proton stamp would be neat just bc tho!

Ranger - the relay is unique. Pretty stable but holds a line and has a touch of fade that keeps it reliable. Havent thrown many discs like it honestly what i always wanted put of a leopard but the champs were OS like tbs and pros/dx all over. I like it a lot so far and prolly wont use craves.
You should try giving a Relay the driveway treatment. I absolutely love my beat to crap relay. It is the easiest disc to throw that low flip up to flat shot, that I have ever thrown. Just kills it in the woods on anhys as well, and rolls like a dream. Hmm that reminds me I need to go get some pink dye so I can throw this thing in the snow...

Last edited:
I gave away 2 of them and sold my others so really need to relay up lol. salty being I like this disc so much but will definitely get a couple to trash and work in. What a fun disc for sure.

ION VECTOR RELAY PHOTON LETS PLAY!

Still hard to believe when I started playing a little less than 2.5 years ago I had 3 drivers from mvp. Now it's like what the hell do I bag

That's just dangerous talk, right there. Maybe I'll snag a relay to compare to my dx gazelles.

The Relay is so good, I barely throw my Axis anymore. It does it all. Beck, it even FH's well

Status
Not open for further replies.