• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Relay kicked the Switch and or Inspire from my bag. For me it's more workable than those. If I want it to go left (LHBH) it's going left. Unlike the Switch/Inspire for me where sometimes they just didn't hold. The Relay can ride a nice straight line and give you some fade with hyzer release. Sneaky long for such a small driver.

Nothing against the Switch/Inspire, I just can't see bagging one of those along side the Relay

Similar flights with as much d and more reliably US when needed.

how does the circuit compare to the inspire?

The circuit was an event. And I don't believe the inspire was a disc in that but I very well could be wrong. The inspires a cool disc however. I haven't spent too much time with it (it's my wife's). But good disc, small easy to grip rim and straight to understable flight.

The feel of the Relay is quite different, with a smaller rim. It is also a good bit more understable than the Inspire, with a more gentle fade and straighter flight at lower speed. I tried beating up an Inspire artificially, and the Relay was still more US, even out of the box. IMO, it is a better disc in every way, even capable of basically the same distance due to the Relay's glide and "throwability" (if that makes sense).

The circuit was an event.

That was the one problem with the Circuit stamped discs in my area. People would call them all circuit if they weren't with the way MVP molds the name of discs on the overmold.

Maybe next year they could have different stamps on each disc with the name on it, or would that be silly?

MVP has frequently been about you figuring out which disc it is by the overmold. They even sell tons of unstamped discs. Plus weren't the Circuit molds pretty different? Relay, Tangent, Atom...which ones am I missing?

You have a point though. We had this same discussion with the "Wave Particle Duality" stamped Wave and Photon.

I'm struggling with the US fairway slot. My Underworlds are specialties because they are so freaking US. I need one for a few holes that were obviously designed for FH, but I have a very weak FH. Too US for full power fairway use on par 4s and 5s. My Champ Leo and my Inspire are not all that US. My Seer and Witness are both promising. Relay just didn't look US enough from seeing a friend throw one, but I have never thrown it. Still hoping for a model just to the right of it.

Lighter weight seasoned switchest are $. Controllably understable not flippy. I think a light weight relay will turn pretty easy once a little seasoned.

^ What he said. I lost my sweet spot Switch in August, and didn't have any back ups. <bummer> I have 2 at 165ish right now that I'm breaking in. They're not super turny new (though one of them is a bit easier to turn than the other) but I forgot how dope they are before they break in. Been throwing them both a ton (lots of subtle woods carving to do around here) and will be cycling once these get into that steep hyzer-to-flat flip-up stage.

The different classes are such a trip. A new Switch is basically a broken in Servo. HOW broken in depends on the weight. Switch/Servo/Resistor are so the same disc at various stages of wear, I LOVE this class. As intrigued as I am by the Relay, I think I'm just going to decide to pay it no mind because I make so much DG hay with these 3.

Last edited:
All i can say to that toro is the relays making me consider selling off craves. Not the same disc at all but my beat crave is similar just harder to throw at lower power. All 7s are that way from MVP. They fly true to design at high and low power while relay is much more workable given different angles and speeds. Great glide for a flat disc too its crazy.

I was sold on the first few throws.

Crazy throw downhill it caught some left to right tailwind and went flying like a kite at pretty low power. I didnt expect the shot to workout was just for fun but the relay just floated towards the pin and a slow turn with a touch of fade at the end to land flat. It was beauuuuutiful. Great beginner disc IMO. I imagine 150s are very noodle arm friendly.

Finally got a chance to really work some lines on a shorter course with a 165g Proxy, and I gotta say I keep finding more things this lil' disc can do well.

It does, however, keep making me think....

...Soft Proxy (no popcorn)

A couple of max weight ones for dialing in a FH approaches would be awesome <sigh>

I'm struggling with the US fairway slot. My Underworlds are specialties because they are so freaking US. I need one for a few holes that were obviously designed for FH, but I have a very weak FH. Too US for full power fairway use on par 4s and 5s. My Champ Leo and my Inspire are not all that US. My Seer and Witness are both promising. Relay just didn't look US enough from seeing a friend throw one, but I have never thrown it. Still hoping for a model just to the right of it.

Relay sits in a pretty good spot between champ leo/inspire and underworlds and at least for me can cover all the lines i would throw those three on. I also find it easier to control than the underworld.

Discraft's Glide is 16mm and pretty hybrid like. You could put a similar wing on the mid core and have an excellent hybrid. I could see dropping it down to a 15mm rim and it still being faster than the Axis/Vector set.

This has been my #1 wish from MVP though, fairways on the mid core. The Stalker is still probably my favorite all around disc. I would love to see a similar mold come out from MVP or Axiom. There are very few discs like it on the market.

Yes. At 13mm, there is lots of gap for a faster mid yet. It wasn't until the Crave that my Stalker finally lost its slot, great utility and trustworthy control disc, yet the bulk of the MVP line-up gives that trustworthy control. I would like to see something as long as the Warship with that gyro confidence.

It is November and I am waiting for my plastic fix. It's been a couple of months now since I purchased anything new. Dreaming of some more molds in Plasma. Come on MVP, don't make me go buy more Discraft.

It is November and I am waiting for my plastic fix. It's been a couple of months now since I purchased anything new. Dreaming of some more molds in Plasma. Come on MVP, don't make me go buy more Discraft.

I know how you feel. Last new plastic I bought was just backups for my Envy and Crave. I'm hoping for Plasma rimmed Axiom now. Plasma Proxy? Maybe a regular run of the Relay that I can get in the low 160s? Plasma Relay even?

Got a Neutron Switch to pair with a Servo for fun. MVP really offers some easy distance. I threw the Switch on a flat 350ft hole that I've been trying to reach with a fairway driver for a long time. It finally happened with the Switch. Threw it flat and it flew true to the flight ratings for me. Not only that but it traveled the majority of the way about 10 ft off the ground. What I like best about these two discs is they fit really comfortably in my smaller hands. I'm going to have to start throwing some MVP more often. If I can get that Switch to hold an anny like my beat Pro Leo then I'm going to have to reconsider the staples of my bag. My biggest concern is the gyro durability. I'm not sure I can see it taking some hard tree whacks or some road rash..

Status
Not open for further replies.