• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new Number One request from MVP.

Please produce Proton plastic in brighter colors. I know it's Eclipse/Axiom that get the bright colors but I'd say Proton has the worst color offerings of any plastic on the market.

My new "Pink/Red" Photon is a deep, rich color but it's going to be a goner in fall foliage.

yeah the clear-ish fresh looking flight plates I get from manufacturing standpoint but damn, pinks, purples, blues etc even with the huge photon rims do not have a ton of color at all. oranges seem to pop and greenish yellows too which is weird.

:rolleyes:

where the hell are baseline ions and anodes then? its probably the most requested core mold ive seen as lame MVP retailer. Yay Atoms! :\

It's ludacris is what it is. MVP flagship discs, ion and anode, AND they are putters and there's no baseline plastic for them yet??? Seriously wtf

PUTTERS, need a baseline option! It's not like they don't have the mold already... Just pour some baseline plastic in it already. Psshhhhhh

Smh.

Well, iirc, they said that when they developed the electron plastic they had to make specific molds for that plastic.

As far as the colors go, MVP discs are hard enough to find because of the rims, they should be making all colors as bright as possible....

Did I see something about a Soft Proxy?....:hfive:

Like AFTC said, the lime green/dayglo proton is incredibly bright and really pops, even on grass. Playing rounds near sunset I've had a few people ask me if my green proton volt was a glow disc.

Picked up a few of the speed 12 drivers and am very disappointed with the overall finish of the disc.

There is flashing all around the edge of the disc and the outer rim feels extremely low quality. I can remove material from the outer rim with my fingernail. Haven't had a chance to throw them yet but can't imagine that they'll hold up well on the course.

Not at all what I expected from MVP.

Picked up a few of the speed 12 drivers and am very disappointed with the overall finish of the disc.

There is flashing all around the edge of the disc and the outer rim feels extremely low quality. I can remove material from the outer rim with my fingernail. Haven't had a chance to throw them yet but can't imagine that they'll hold up well on the course.

Are these your first brand new discs? That flashing will be gone by the end of your first round. And besides 1000 posts here declaring love of overmold durability, did you throw the discs and did they fly OK for you?

Are these your first brand new discs?

lol.

I've already sanded the flashing off so it's not an issue- it's just something that I haven't run into with MVP discs before. Hopefully they can figure out a way to send these out a bit more polished.

Like I said, I haven't been able to throw them yet and am just posting my thoughts out of the box.

Last edited:
lol.

I've already sanded the flashing off so it's not an issue- it's just something that I haven't run into with MVP discs before. Hopefully they can figure out a way to send these out a bit more polished.

Like I said, I haven't been able to throw them yet and am just posting my thoughts out of the box.
Gotcha, sorry I did miss that. Hope they fly well for you.

I can remove material from the outer rim with my fingernail.

x-men-tyler-mane-sabertooth.jpg

Though I haven't tried to pick off the rim before, I've found that the discs beat up much faster than they beat in. By this, I mean that the rim does get knicks and marks a bit easier than other plastics, but the flight still remains the same for a long time. This DOES NOT mean you're going to have chunks out of the disc after a light tree hit, but in my experience, your disc will LOOK more weathered than it flies.

Overall, I love the durability of the plastic, especially for having the two separate parts to the disc, but you will see some marks fairly regularly. Hopefully this helps.

On another topic to my above post, how have people found Photons to fly in different plastic? I love my particle-wave Photon, but I'm looking for something to fill the gap between it and a Phase, and it and and my Wave.

On another topic to my above post, how have people found Photons to fly in different plastic? I love my particle-wave Photon, but I'm looking for something to fill the gap between it and a Phase, and it and and my Wave.
My 155 fission Photon flies EXACTLY like my 173 Wave with the added benefit of knowing it will always fight towards center again.

My 168 proton Photon is more like a longer Volt where it will hold any hyzer angle you release. No turn.

So in my quest to find a mid I actually click with I decided to give the mvp/axiom a run. Specifically the axis in neutron. I fondled a theory while I was at it, which I really liked the feel of and was tempted to pick up. My question is would it overlap distance wise with the chiefs I drive with? Would the alias be a better fit in that slot?

axis is pretty much a faster alias. The theory has tons of glide and is sliiiightly understable.

I personally bag the ion, proxy, theory, tangent and vector on a full set up. I can roll with just an ion and vector but the theory and tangent are very nice midrange molds which give you a little more distance on lower line drives over a putter as well as wind resistance but throw very similar to how a putter drives. I could even play a 1 disc round with a mold like the tangent or theory and have no problem if you are a fan of shallow putters. Axis/Alias on the other hand fly much more like a true midrange.

Not familiar with the chief except the OG prewizard mold but hope that helps.

That does help. How are the theory and the proxy different. The chief seems pretty similar to the proxy in hand. Maybe a hair more US.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but my fingernail can gouge the edge of most plastic discs. It is after all only plastic. I can also make a mark in Oak, Ash, or Hickory with my fingernail and they're considered dense hardwoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.