• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MVP durability is just fine dont worry about it. Ive purposely thrown many MVP discs into the pavement trying to make less stable. The overmold doesnt just come off or slowly disapear.

Got a Neutron Switch to pair with a Servo for fun. MVP really offers some easy distance. I threw the Switch on a flat 350ft hole that I've been trying to reach with a fairway driver for a long time. It finally happened with the Switch. Threw it flat and it flew true to the flight ratings for me. Not only that but it traveled the majority of the way about 10 ft off the ground. What I like best about these two discs is they fit really comfortably in my smaller hands. I'm going to have to start throwing some MVP more often. If I can get that Switch to hold an anny like my beat Pro Leo then I'm going to have to reconsider the staples of my bag. My biggest concern is the gyro durability. I'm not sure I can see it taking some hard tree whacks or some road rash..
They can take many many many many tree hits and rock/road rash. Funny enough, more rash = better flight

They can take many many many many tree hits and rock/road rash. Funny enough, more rash = better flight

Haha, well these discs will love me. It seems the more I aim to not hit pavement the more likely I am to do so. Kinda like trying my best not to hit that one tree in the fairway and of course I do.. Plant that seed of doubt and it always seems to manifest :gross:

I know how you feel. Last new plastic I bought was just backups for my Envy and Crave. I'm hoping for Plasma rimmed Axiom now. Plasma Proxy? Maybe a regular run of the Relay that I can get in the low 160s? Plasma Relay even?

I don't bag a Proxy, but if it was Plasma, I would give it a try

Haha, well these discs will love me. It seems the more I aim to not hit pavement the more likely I am to do so. Kinda like trying my best not to hit that one tree in the fairway and of course I do.. Plant that seed of doubt and it always seems to manifest :gross:

I hit a bunch of trees on this round plus there are several rocks and in the fairways and around the goals....barely a scratch on the disc. I have MVP discs that I have used for years and still look and fly like new. Maybe some day I will season one up lol

Nice vid Ty. Looks like they are more durable than I expected. That also looks like a fun, scenic course.

Try a Proxy. I didn't until last week and its already in the bag. Envy without fade? Yes. Oh god yes.

Eh, I could be wrong, but is not the Proxy as bit taller than the Envy? I use my Envy for driving and upshots. I don't feel like there is a hole in my bag that needs to be filled by the Proxy.
I could be wrong.

Eh, I could be wrong, but is not the Proxy as bit taller than the Envy? I use my Envy for driving and upshots. I don't feel like there is a hole in my bag that needs to be filled by the Proxy.
I could be wrong.
Envy and proxy share the same core mold and are the same height. They are perfect compliments to each other in that the proxy is the neutral/understable compliment to the more stable Envy.

Essentially, the Proxy off the shelf flies like a beat-in Envy.

All you proxy fanboys sound like you haven't reached that point of wear in your envys where they just lose all their fade on a flat release and refuse to part from that straight line. Just some food for thought in the form of a subtle recommendation, once the envy reaches that golden point where it becomes literal gold. No disrespect to the proxy, BUT... ;)

All you proxy fanboys sound like you haven't reached that point of wear in your envys where they just lose all their fade on a flat release and refuse to part from that straight line. Just some food for thought in the form of a subtle recommendation, once the envy reaches that golden point where it becomes literal gold. No disrespect to the proxy, BUT... ;)

I've got a handful of beat to hell Envys, and while they don't fade like they used to, I have yet to have one not finish left.

I got two that I've been working on semi-actively for some 18 months now. Sure it takes a bit of work, but so rewarding. I'll get a clip tomorrow to demonstrate

Sure there are other super straight flyers out there, but no others have held that sweet spot for nearly as long

Well thats the point of the proxy. Its the complementary model to the envy.

OK, MVP/Axiom, I just saw that Innova is releasing the Colt in Star plastic. I will be buying one. I love the shape of the Atom, but this Electron plastic is junk outside the circle...and not too good inside. While I dream of the Atom in Fission or Plasma, at this point I would jump all over some Neutron.... At least as long as it wasn't soft N.

Last edited:
Just get an envy and proxy lol.

MVP has forgotten about the OG putter throwers. You shallow core fans have all kinds of options.

Just get an envy and proxy lol.

MVP has forgotten about the OG putter throwers. You shallow core fans have all kinds of options.

I have Envies; I love my Envies, bought my first Envy on release day. It's the second best disc ever made IMHO, just not for putting. It's too tall for my spush/pop style of putting.

Last edited:

MVP hasn't "forgotten" anything. The lineup is nearing completion, so we should start seeing stuff that's been on the back burner for a while.

MVP hasn't "forgotten" anything. The lineup is nearing completion, so we should start seeing stuff that's been on the back burner for a while.

:rolleyes:

where the hell are baseline ions and anodes then? its probably the most requested core mold ive seen as lame MVP retailer. Yay Atoms! :\

Nice vid Ty. Looks like they are more durable than I expected. That also looks like a fun, scenic course.

Thanks esc1,
It is a shorter, tight, technical course. I normally do putter only rounds there and shot between -6 and -10. It was challenging using a driver evey hole which was reflective of hitting 18 trees. I did hit 7 birdies and 0 bogies.

The discs are durable, but there will always be the possibility of chunks taken out or cuts on the rim. I have a soft envy with a small chunk missing from where I bricked an ace run on the course....still flies the same.

Envy vs Proxy
Perfect combo of driving approach putters. Cant wait till they release a soft version of the Proxy. All the rain and snow up here can make it hard to grip the regular N. I will try to do a comparison video of the Envy vs Proxy at that course....they are both white and the we already 4in of snow on the ground.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.