• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the website

Attachments

• IMG_20160104_131912.JPG
    IMG_20160104_131912.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 87
Meh. Unless its domey that doesnt excite me much.

Bring on the 16mm class for sure though.

Smaller rims = moar gyro! (maybe not but just seem true)

I like the plasma being more domey too. Is that kinda the consensus? I have a copper plasma amp that is super domed. And a nice variation to everything else that's flat.

I would love to see some dome on more drivers. My crave is flat, but not board flat like a lot of my other molds. I'm all about a little roundness for some added glide...

Meh. Unless its domey that doesnt excite me much.

Bring on the 16mm class for sure though.

Smaller rims = moar gyro! (maybe not but just seem true)

Actually the narrower the rim then the closer the mass of the wing already is to the outer edge. If gyro is real it would have the most room to shift weight to the perimeter on the real wide rimmed drivers where the thickest part of the wing is almost an inch from the edge.

What are people's experiences with the Impulse? I'm finding my Inertia a little too unpredictable for my liking....Sometimes it turns beautifully like I want it to, but when thrown 1% less, it's just a straight flier. Looking for something a bit more US in the same/similar speed range.

Impulse is funky...a la Amp and Switch, IMO. Weird twitchy drivers that can be straight on one throw and turn a ton the next throw. Like there's a tipping point to their understability, and then woa!

What are people's experiences with the Impulse? I'm finding my Inertia a little too unpredictable for my liking....Sometimes it turns beautifully like I want it to, but when thrown 1% less, it's just a straight flier. Looking for something a bit more US in the same/similar speed range.

(release angles)

(release angles)

I would much rather hyzer flip something than release at a different angle. That's always the player I've been. Also, personally, why would I throw something that's already touchy and try to tweak my angles to make it even more of a touchy shot? That's just me, but I have tried to play with the release angles, I think I'd rather just throw something more understable.

I would much rather hyzer flip something than release at a different angle. That's always the player I've been. Also, personally, why would I throw something that's already touchy and try to tweak my angles to make it even more of a touchy shot? That's just me, but I have tried to play with the release angles, I think I'd rather just throw something more understable.

Hyzer-flip is my default driving method too. But throwing hyzers and anhyzers is an important part of driving. If your Inertia is straight one time, and then turning over the next, it's gotta be release angle, or possibly OAT coming into play on some throws. The only other thing I can think of is nose-up on the "straight" throws that aren't giving you the typical action.

The Inertia is a neutral-stable driver, so it should turnover a little with a flat release. Even with hyzer-flip, depending on your power. The Impulse, and the other 2 discs I mentioned along with it, all have the same unique "understable" wing design, and all will be more likely to turn over more easily. But that also means less control. If you get the chance, compare the wings on the Impulse, Amp, and Switch.

Release angles are important, even subtle tweaks. Can't throw every driver(or drive) the same way.

Pretty neat to finally be holding some baseline Ions after wanting some for over 5 years.

AkC2kAah.jpg

This Envy was a nice surprise!

MsLTTKt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.