• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some plasma are a little softer like you find with neutron too. I feel like the more translucent the core is the more give it has.

Might be crazy too.

Well, this year should be interesting. So far the bag is DD Freedom for max d. Three different neutron Photons, 174, 166, & 157. Two n Waves, 174 & 167, Skullboy Orbital 173, Wrath, Insanity, Virus, three Volts in different stabilities, Plasma Amp, Resistor, Clash, Crave, and Relay, Vector, Axis, Theory, Envy and Proxy for driving putters, Electron Ion for putting and approach putter. Yes, its big right now, but I feel that the Insanity class will give way to the Volt class.

Definitely. Plasma Ions are not as soft as Soft Neutrons.
I don't think plasma should be too much softer. I think it's almost perfect as is. I definitely don't think it should be softer than soft n.
Well, this year should be interesting. So far the bag is DD Freedom for max d. Three different neutron Photons, 174, 166, & 157. Two n Waves, 174 & 167, Skullboy Orbital 173, Wrath, Insanity, Virus, three Volts in different stabilities, Plasma Amp, Resistor, Clash, Crave, and Relay, Vector, Axis, Theory, Envy and Proxy for driving putters, Electron Ion for putting and approach putter. Yes, its big right now, but I feel that the Insanity class will give way to the Volt class.
Yowza, is that like 19 diff molds :p what bag do you carry?

I don't think plasma should be too much softer. I think it's almost perfect as is. I definitely don't think it should be softer than soft n.

Yowza, is that like 19 diff molds :p what bag do you carry?

Lmao, yeah its something like that. As I said, its a bag in processing. Either the volt class or insanity class is going. Most likely insanity class but for the insanity. Volt class just works better with the photon class. The bag I have right now is the one from academy sports. The Magellan I think. Name is escaping me. It will be the MVP backpack upon release.

Oh, and if can ever finger out how to drive ions, they will be the only putter I carry. But, as for now, I love the set up I have. I know every disc but the vector and axis like the back of my hand. I know what each one does implicitly. I'm a disc ho. What can I say?

LoL. This is me at the moment as well. I've been running an all test bag with mainly new MVP/Axiom stuff. And I am digging the hell out of it. But every day I change my mind on what will eventually be bagged. Currently I am thinking Servo over Crave. So the Crave can go on the shelf. Volt and Wrath and Servo all seem very similar but I think the Wrath will sit out with a stable proton volt and a less stable plasma volt both at 167g making the bag for shots longer than the Servo. Tesla for headwind drives. Photon for max distance might make the bag but right now I've got a Halo at the perfect beat level, a fresh Sword that handles wind well but isn't hard to get up to speed in calm conditions, a 156 destroyer and a 159g boss fighting for that spot. Envy is an amazing disc. Basically, in terms of flight, a more stable Pure. Friggin loving it. Ion for putts. Axis miiiiiight make the bag as a powered down straight woods shot and a turnover disc as it seems to hold that anny line well (when there isn't wind) and so I can finally kick my one trick pony M5 out of the bag. And the Vector I am really digging but it sits in a weird spot in terms of usefulness. Wasp handles a headwind better it seems, but my CZ Buzzz are so versatile that the Vector just might not make it. I really want to find a spot for it and so it might sit in the bag in place of the Wasp on calm days. Resistor will be bagged on windy days in place of the Servo. Felons will replace the Volts. Photon might make a nice max D headwind driver. Zones will be bagged on windy days as well. Obviously I am not loyal to one brand. This winter has turned in to me experimenting and completely retooling my bag.

Last edited:
Does anyone who throws all Gyro (or almost all gyro) want to be featured in a short online article?

If you do, PM me.

For anyone saying MVP disc don't have any glide. I threw a plasma tangent the other day and thats all it did was glide.

For anyone saying MVP disc don't have any glide. I threw a plasma tangent the other day and thats all it did was glide.

I haven't been following this thread closely but I understand both perspectives. At low speeds they really don't - it's a damn brick. Once you put a little juice on 'em then yes they certainly go, but you can't deny they don't glide at low speeds.

I haven't been following this thread closely but I understand both perspectives. At low speeds they really don't - it's a damn brick. Once you put a little juice on 'em then yes they certainly go, but you can't deny they don't glide at low speeds.
Please try a Theory or a Relay. You may change your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.