• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the electron hype? Can someone explain it to me. I understand when people say they like dx plastic because it's usually half the price of premium plastic but electron being $2 cheaper and deforming so easy doesn't make since to me.

I don't understand the electron hype? Can someone explain it to me. I understand when people say they like dx plastic because it's usually half the price of premium plastic but electron being $2 cheaper and deforming so easy doesn't make since to me.

Much grippier in wet/cold conditions, and tons of people (including myself) prefer it for putting. Usually feels better and sticks to the chains a bit better. Plus it beats in quicker for different lines sooner than the premium.

Message_1452648735937.jpg

Dark or light blue? :D

DARK! :D
Got my pre order in and let's just say the dealer knows me well!

Attachments

• 14531668975851055665598.jpg
    14531668975851055665598.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 27

Better grip and beats in. I prefer driving neutral putters and having premium to stay fresh paired with a base to beat into understable is great.

Beating in in general is fun. Mold minimization. Better grip and glide, typically.

Much grippier in wet/cold conditions, and tons of people (including myself) prefer it for putting. Usually feels better and sticks to the chains a bit better. Plus it beats in quicker for different lines sooner than the premium.

I've never had issues with grip from proton or nuetron plastic. From what I've heard cold conditions are not good for base plastic as it can break easy. As for sticking to the chains, that doesn't make much since the outer edge of the discs is what hits the chains and slows it down. Unless they are using different material for the outer mold. Either way, y'all keep buying that over priced electron and sell me your used proton/eclipse ions!

I've never had issues with grip from proton or nuetron plastic. From what I've heard cold conditions are not good for base plastic as it can break easy. As for sticking to the chains, that doesn't make much since the outer edge of the discs is what hits the chains and slows it down. Unless they are using different material for the outer mold. Either way, y'all keep buying that over priced electron and sell me your used proton/eclipse ions!

New Neutron can be pretty brutal in the wet/cold.

Electron is really different than DX. I can't see this breaking in the cold.

Mmm....No.

The plastic is different, yes. It grips better-not just on the chains-but mvp overmolds stick to the chains uncannily as it is, yes.

Base plastic doesn't seem to get really brittle until you get down around 0 fahrenheit unless it's old or too stiff to begin with. Premium plastic starts getting slick waaaaaaay before that.

And now we have stuff that can season. Like a roc or a teebird or a kc aviar. You know, like the other classic molds that fare really well in base plastic. Now we get to see what their molds can really do.

If the reg Electron can take a beating better than the soft my guess is we'll see the new unreleased firm Electron blend in the debut of electron mids and drivers

Clash has a touch of high speed turn thrown at 350'+, Volts don't in P or N. Plasma Volts are a bit less stable though.

. I understand when people say they like dx plastic because it's usually half the price of premium plastic but electron being $2 cheaper and deforming so easy doesn't make since to me.

FWIW yeah electron isnt the cheapest baseline plastic out but it can be found for $11ish vs $17ish of neutron. Also i assume margins on other baseline plastic too not be that great given difference in stores like PIAS vs big box and major dg retailers. DX prices are all over from $6 to $13.

I do think electron price is more on point with pro type material but doesnt quite provide the same durability.

Could anyone recommend a disc from mvp or axiom you could replace a Mantis with. Anything close or comparable?

Could anyone recommend a disc from mvp or axiom you could replace a Mantis with. Anything close or comparable?

It depends on which Many is you're talking about. The Ace Race Ti Mantis was much, much more OS than the z Mantis. In my opinion Discraft ruined the mold. But, to answer your question a Axiom Crave would be closest to the AR Mantis, and the Inspire to the Z Mantis.

It depends on which Many is you're talking about. The Ace Race Ti Mantis was much, much more OS than the z Mantis. In my opinion Discraft ruined the mold. But, to answer your question a Axiom Crave would be closest to the AR Mantis, and the Inspire to the Z Mantis.

I was thinking Crave or Inspire. I played the AR, and they only had discs in the lower 160s. They flew a lot like my max weight Inspire or a lightweight Crave. If Discraft made them less stable, then maybe a lighter Inspire would be similar.

Yup, Mantis was stepping on the XL's toes, so they nerfed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts