• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestions. It's a big Z Mantis. A friend of mine is moving and the Mantis is his go to driver. I wanted to gift (corrupt) him with a MVP that would be comparable. He likes the flight but said they break in a little too quickly and no longer hook up at the end of flight.

If Crave or Inspire are possible matches I'd assume Servo or Switch might work too

Is the Amp the same speed class as the Mantis? This might be the best match after it breaks in

Last edited:
I have never thrown an Amp, it's. 18.5mm like the Volt, so 8-9 speed ish if you go by that. From everything I've heard of Inspire/Switch comparisons, the Inspire is going to have more fade at the end. For me it flies like a 7 speed Valkyrie.

I've had only one mid in my bag for a while now (Theory) and am starting to see a need for a more stable mid. I think I'm looking for something like a longer Proxy. Will the Tangent or Alias be closer? Neutron? Proton? Plasma? I think I'm leaning towards a Tangent.

Alias is going to be the truly faster proxy like mid. Just goes straight. Tangent is more of a line shaper with its beaded design. I use it like a faster beat up ion but not nearly as HSS as proxy/alias/ion.

I've had only one mid in my bag for a while now (Theory) and am starting to see a need for a more stable mid. I think I'm looking for something like a longer Proxy. Will the Tangent or Alias be closer? Neutron? Proton? Plasma? I think I'm leaning towards a Tangent.

Tangent is a little less HSS than the Proxy is. The Alias has more fade though. I prefer the Alias to pair with the Theory. The Tangent is pretty similar to the Theory. It's more stable, but like Aim said, more of a line shaper with its negative HSS.

Yeah, I LOVE the Tangent but you don't need the Tangent and Theory in the same bag - they are very similar. The Theory has a hint more turn but VERY similar.

I'm thinking I need to throw my Alias more too. Both my birdies today were from Alias drives.

Yeah, I LOVE the Tangent but you don't need the Tangent and Theory in the same bag - they are very similar. The Theory has a hint more turn but VERY similar.

I bag both for one reason: the Tangent will hold a hyzer line for me while the Theory won't. In my experience, the Tangent is dead straight where the Theory is truly understable. Of course, to each their own, but just adding my 2cents

I bag both for one reason: the Tangent will hold a hyzer line for me while the Theory won't. In my experience, the Tangent is dead straight where the Theory is truly understable. Of course, to each their own, but just adding my 2cents

When I threw the Tangent, this was exactly what I experienced. I think I am able to throw lines out of it rather than expecting the fade out of the Alias.

Yep. Little more wind resistance with less glide too vs theory. Theory will hold a hyzer top but is a much more FW finish and straighter line given the same release angle.

Tangent feels and throws like a beaded mid. Theory is obviously beadless in that same regard with the forgiveness of a beadless mold. Tangent not as friendly lol.

I do love my Tangent, and it's a great do everything mold. It's a nice blend of the Alias and Theory. If I carry a small bag and don't have room for both, the Tangent goes in. But for a normal round, if I have room, I'm carrying the Alias and Theory every time. The Tangent can cover their lines, but they do it better.

Feb. Announcements? Doesn't it usually come out the first Friday of every month. I have been praying for Electron Anode's to release.

MVP wants to piss me off smh. I want that Electron Anode asap. I've been waiting for roughly four years now.

This probably gets asked 4 times a day, but when are they releasing a speed 13 Boss equivalent?

Status
Not open for further replies.