• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure exactly what y'all are trying to figure out here, unless it's purely to uncover a coverup or something otherwise salacious. The production process can change in small ways all the time, and they did a lot of things during the Volt class that were different, and now standard, because it resolved various issues. (literally, "we had problems with XYZ until we hooked up a treatment unit at this specific point in the line") I started seeing changes in the Resistor class that are now normal. The standard now is to blend rims in a way that works for black, glow, and the range of Axiom colors. They're all going through the same machines. From what I understand there are fun challenges and properties unique to some pellet colors, some more than others, which is true of paint and crayons and every other chroma-based product.

I'd be worried if there were reports that say, orange, had slipped thru the cracks and was just total junk. But across the board, they wear differently than blends from yesteryear, without affecting flight? If true someone at the factory needs a pat on the back for that one. My sandblast Ions don't "feel consistent" with Ions off the shelf now, but they're as resolved and consistent as the production standard allows, if that makes sense.

But again, I'm not even sure what's trying to be discovered so I'm just mumbling my opinion into the crowd.

I think all of this speculation/conspiracy theorizing is just a byproduct of success. With more popularity, those who (for whatever reason) don't like MVP will look for ways to knock them down. Case in point: in4d asking about consistency now. Another case in point: Everyone who gets their panties in a bunch when Innova releases a new driver.

If I were MVP, I'd take all the questioning as a compliment. They have everyone's attention.

almost bought a soft ion today; feels just a tad deeper than the anode; the anode feels great but the huge dish of the soft ion feels perfect. but it won't putt or drive the same. :(

well it putts nearly identical given your style and drives pretty much the same too but ion has a little later fade and doesn't stay turned over as easy. Anodes are really not understable at all though IMO and even handle some wind very well. Its basically a matter of if you like big beads or not with those 2 discs not drastically different flights. I throw Ions all day everyday but if there was any other putter I "had" to use it would be the anode and did bag it before actually.. Now soft neutron just needs to be stock ASAP!

i agree; this thing isn't understable whatsoever. it's very similar to an opto pure except slower, less fade (aka none) and powers down better.

i had problems with the anode in the open yesterday with the wind we had, but managed to piece it together somewhat.

i'll be selling a bunch of stuff again so i'll probably just pick up a soft ion and see what's up. it's a matter of perfect and perfect-er, so it comes down to how it influences my bag and since i prefer the envy's flat profile for driving, i'll probably stick with the anode.

it's really been helpful; shots where before i relied on the summit so i could go straight at short distances are now not a problem, but obviously the summit turns once powered up soooo . . . this thing is a good thing. hit some long putts yesterday, including one on hole 9 at kenwood from the top of the hill by the shorts basket down into the chains on the long pin position to save my 4. i also get the cleanest releases from any putter, ever.

Last edited:
They need to make a Soft Proton Tangent. Or a Proton Amp....drool....

...With more popularity, those who (for whatever reason) don't like MVP will look for ways to knock them down. Case in point: in4d asking about consistency now.

"Those who don't like MVP", and then listing me!? Haha..

This is why i don't spend much time on these forums anymore, constantly dealing with some kind of disinformation or trolling.

Anyways, i noticed a slight variance in my Teslas a couple weeks ago and just mentioned it, wasn't trying to knock MVP at all, just stating something i noticed.

Its to the point were some MVP "believers" have lost touch with reality and refuse to believe that MVP discs can have inconsistency.. i don't want to be part of this cult, lol.

I still think MVP discs are some of the most consistent discs you can buy, but they are not perfect.

Moonshine said:
in reference to in4d's recent conversion from MVP to Legacy fanboy.

more misinformation and attempted trolling :popcorn:

I have been wanting to give legacy discs an honest shot for a while now and a local friend wanted to give MVP a try, so i gave him a few of my bagged MVP discs for now while i try Legacy discs out..

Turns out he LOVES MVP and as soon as he gets his next paycheck hes going to buy a full set.. plus i got some of my molds beat in a bit more for free! :D win/win.

I have really been enjoying the Legacy stuff though and will likely bag most of their discs permanently, but there are a few MVP molds i could never keep out of the bag, so we will see.

But a full conversion?... hardly, it will probably be a mix by the end of the summer. In the past i have tried to limit myself to only one companies discs for reasons of consistent feel, but really, i want what works best for me and im finding out that's going to be a mix.

Last edited:
I think all of this speculation/conspiracy theorizing is just a byproduct of success. .. If I were MVP, I'd take all the questioning as a compliment. They have everyone's attention.
Well, tell you what... never in my career have I been too freakin busy to keep up with the conversation and feel in touch with the zeitgeist of a brand (even when I was juggling half a dozen). I'm totally lost here :hfive:

Its really simple actually-- does the coloring of the OM impact durability?

Ad I pointed out months ago, yes, but only cosmetically. My a Envys look like I've been using them for a year or more but they still fly almost exactly the same as when I got them. My most used Neutrons have lost just a little bit of HSS, but the Proton flies literally the same as it did out of the box.

I like my discs looking well loved anyway. And since they fly so nice, that's just a bigger bonus.

I'd be shocked if you ever got a straight answer on this. What good would it do MVP to acknowledge if it actually did make the overmold less durable? Zero.

Why? its not even a issue lol. It doesn't do you any good to say something is one thing and have it act like another no matter wtf you are talking about... I think its going to be OKAY'

I don't think MVP should or needs to answer that question. It's obvious that ALL manufacturers expect and want their discs to wear so people will buy replacements down the line. Again, if they never wear out, there'd be no chance for repeat business. Even still, MVP and Axiom both are far more durable than DX or Pro D, so it's not like they aren't still premium discs.

BUT, if they WERE that easy to beat in, look at the bright side... we won't have to hear from all the "baseline" folks any longer, right??? ;-)

I again emphasize that it seems to be mostly cosmetic. I actually have some decent chunk age out of one of my neutron envys, and it flies the same. Maybe a good player could tell a flight difference, but for me they fly the same.

Obviously, the more you wear it down the more it will effect the flight, but so far not an issue. If say it's more like a Star/ESP durability (on the colored OMs) as opposed to a Vibram X - Link durability (on standard black OMs) to put it crudely.

No one is arguing the premium quality of MVP plastic.

I have said forever that fugly beat MVP discs fly the best.

No one is arguing the premium quality of MVP plastic.

I have said forever that fugly beat MVP discs fly the best.

Yep. If you go back to the early pages of the MVP thread (2nd edition) I posted a bunch of pics of my best flying Volt and that thing looked thrashed. That's why I love Volts so much, particularly the early runs when they had a little bit less LSS, because they got into the sweet spot almost immediately, and just stay there forever.

Right now I'm bagging one of the first run Volts with the Skullboy stamp. It's not nearly as beat up as my old Volt (which I lost ) but of course it is flying sweet. And I bet it will keep flying sweet until doomsday.

Man I miss my old volt, it was beat so nice. But lately I have been throwing my inertia the same way I used to throw it, and it behaves almost identically. I was one who said that it was too flippy when it first came out, but now I could care less. It carves such beautiful lines, once I figured out how to back off of it just a hair. I now want an identical 12speed version, and what ever Axiom disc slots in between the tesla and inertia, IMO is gonna be an amazing disc.

Got to look at a couple nice stacks today. Showed up for the PDGA weekly event at MT Airy forest, and what do I find sitting on the desk, just to tease me? Three stacks, one inspire, one motion, and one general relativity motion. As soon as I went to pick one up the owner told me they weren't for sale yet, and I said "yes sir, not till Friday". The motion feels great in the hand, and I have to admit the inspire does too.

Good chance there will be some Motion footage posted on my YT late tonight or sometime tomorrow. Apologies for the delay in getting a video posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.