• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good chance there will be some Motion footage posted on my YT late tonight or sometime tomorrow. Apologies for the delay in getting a video posted!
Have you tested the Inspire as well? Even though you don't use the understable stuff, it's good to see you throw it :thmbup:

Its to the point were some MVP "believers" have lost touch with reality and refuse to believe that MVP discs can have inconsistency.. i don't want to be part of this cult, lol.
Oh if only I had the time to dig through some of your former posts sir....

As much as I don't like to admit it, in4d has been equally as outspoken about MVP's pros as cons. For reference, recall his stance on puddle top Ions and lack of base plastic.

after impulse buying a soft ion today because i like how it feels in the hand, i have to say that the anode/envy is a much better duo than ion/anode.

the jury is out on the anode vs. ion for putting. i was canning them with both and shot -3 at kaposia today, which is a personal best on the 18 (19) hole layout from longs. the anode came through strong with laser approach shots and the envy makes driving so easy. i did not throw a single mid today. these just go too far.

the jury has deliberated and anode wins.

bought another soft proton anode today; one for driving/approaching and one for putting. scored several parkjobs today with it including an impressive deuce on hole 15 at bryant lake from the longs.

so the putter lineup goes

anode - putter
anode - drive/approach
envy - big drives/hyzerbombs/headwinds
zone - do what a zone does.

and i find myself using mids less and less since these anodes and envy go so far. the three ghosts pretty much sit on the bench. way more effortless and potential than throwing the wizard in terms of distance.

I'll be curious to see what MVP releases next once the DDs are done coming out. I could see a mold in between the Intertia and the Tesla coming out through Axiom. Otherwise, though, there aren't many obvious spots to fill. Eventually they'll come out with some speed 12/13s, but I assume they wouldn't follow the present releases with them. A true understable midrange, maybe?

Yeah, I'm not really sure. I haven't thrown the inertia so i haven't really experienced how huge the stability gap is, but my tesla is like a longer eagle which I dig. I will be doing some field work this morning before league to find out a little more about it. :)

The gap between the Tesla and Inertia is huge. Inertia is around -3/1 if you're throwing over 350. Filling that gap seems like one of the most obvious directions to me.

Need a understable beadles putter and OS zone clone. While there is room for a disc between the inertia and tesla most players also can get by throwing a amp or volt in various stages of wear along with the tesla/inertia combo. I don't really find a need for a 4th distance driver in my bag right now and the light vs heavy tesla combo is $. My max weight inertia holds up to power at 425' just needs a lot of hyzer. Im not sure its quite -3/1 but it does love to turn'

The gap is there but its not one which NEEDS to be filled like the actual need for a understable putter and truly overstable approach disc. A understable mid would also be nice to have if the putter was slower lid-like.

Last edited:
^^ Yea, I'd like to see them develop a nice glidey, understable mid. Something that pretty much anyone can hyzerflip.

Need a understable beadles putter and OS zone clone. While there is room for a disc between the inertia and tesla most players also can get by throwing a amp or volt in various stages of wear along with the tesla/inertia combo. I don't really find a need for a 4th distance driver in my bag right now and the light vs heavy tesla combo is $. My max weight inertia holds up to power at 425' just needs a lot of hyzer. Im not sure its quite -3/1 but it does love to turn'

The gap is there but its not one which NEEDS to be filled like the actual need for a understable putter and truly overstable approach disc. A understable mid would also be nice to have if the putter was slower lid-like.

I tend to agree with most of that. Additionally I would appreciate a ion/ Annode without the extreme rounded inner rim. Beside that though, just in the most basic of ways (volume of shot), slower discs tend to be more valuable. Obviously it's far fetched but I would be kind of stoked if/when that neutral axiom DD does come along if it were one tick faster. IMO that would compliment the tesla and inertia great.

One of the interesting things to me about MVP is the spectrums and intervals which their discs come out (flight and speed wise). It's as if all the other manufacturers work in standard and MVP works in metric (just an analogy). I think the somewhat small intervals between the different speed classes is a very good thing, because choice is a great tool as a user and consumer.

the jury has deliberated and anode wins.

bought another soft proton anode today; one for driving/approaching and one for putting. scored several parkjobs today with it including an impressive deuce on hole 15 at bryant lake from the longs.

so the putter lineup goes

anode - putter
anode - drive/approach
envy - big drives/hyzerbombs/headwinds
zone - do what a zone does.

and i find myself using mids less and less since these anodes and envy go so far. the three ghosts pretty much sit on the bench. way more effortless and potential than throwing the wizard in terms of distance.

I've been up in the air on putters this year but I keep going back to the soft ion. Thinking back, I don't know if actually ever tried the soft anode.

How much different is it for putting?

I'm pretty comfortable with the ion but I still have trouble with it dropping dead on long putts. I could use a bit more glide due to my style.

It holds straight longer and moves forward more while holding angles so stalls are a little harder, hyzer putts, etc. Other than that i don't notice much of an difference except in forward motion. It has a little more glide naturally since it won't fade as much, but even on drives I cannot turn this beast and it will fade at the end. I parked a 330' slight downhill drive with it today, hole 11 at lakewood. i love it. The ion was good and glidey, but the anode is just better for me on putts since it holds the line better. Longer putts are much easier with it. Just take your ion and convert the fade into forward motion D and there is your anode.

Hey guys, the only DD I have and love is my 173g Lace. It goes dead straight forever and it has been one of the most reliable and easiest discs I have ever thrown. Which MVP DD would compliment the Lace the best? I throw 300-350 pretty consistently but max out around 400. I initially thought I might get an inertia but now I'm thinking it might be too much over lap so now I'm leaning towards a Tesla. What do y'all think?

Tesla is not going to fly very far for you IMO if the Lace is a straight DD for you.

Do you want a lot of distance or what exactly are you looking for in a new mold?

inertia is for sure the disc I would recommended to anyone really looking to try out a new distance driver but not have it be a huge rim. Its fairly understable so not really a lace like disc at all but really depends on your power level. IF your lace fights headwinds and you are happy with it then an Inertia would be a good compliment. The Volt/Shock are very much like a tesla in your bag already. Inertia is a faster glidey amp.

Hey guys, the only DD I have and love is my 173g Lace. It goes dead straight forever and it has been one of the most reliable and easiest discs I have ever thrown. Which MVP DD would compliment the Lace the best? I throw 300-350 pretty consistently but max out around 400. I initially thought I might get an inertia but now I'm thinking it might be too much over lap so now I'm leaning towards a Tesla. What do y'all think?

Do you want a lot of distance or what exactly are you looking for in a new mold?.

Yeah, the question is really what are you looking for. I throw around your power level and find Laces, especially ones in the 170s, to fall in between the Tesla and the Inertia stability-wise. I don't think there's a lot of overlap in either direction; they're all pretty different discs. I didn't feel the need to bag an Intertia because I use light and worn Laces to cover understable lines, but if you want an out-of-the-box understable distance driver the Inertia could do it. The Tesla makes a great more stable complement to the Lace. A max weight one doesn't have the glide of the Lace, but it'll fight wind way better. Word seems to be that a lighter Tesla nets D a little easier, which makes sense.

I have a 150 class Tesla on the way. If it flies straighter longer than the 175 I have but is still stable, I'm going to go

175 Tesla - headwinds, hyzers
156 Tesla - hoping it'll do stable shots with little turn
171 M Lace - straight stable, tight lines
166 M Lace - line shaping, annys, max D
worn 173 M Lace - long turnovers in calm conditions

The two molds are different in a lot of ways but complement each other quite well stability-wise, especially with how much Laces vary in stability according to weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts