• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm really digging the switch and I've been using it for a lot of shots these days because of how controllable it is. I used to use my FR volt for a bunch until the switch took over duties. I think I want to try one of MVPs DDs just because why not. At the same time I want to avoid overlap. Also I have not been throwing my amps at all since getting the switch. I throw the switch further and with more accuracy

Last edited:
MVP Axiom Wishlist

Aim For The Chains said:
Need a understable beadles putter and OS zone clone. While there is room for a disc between the inertia and tesla most players (...) The gap is there but its not one which NEEDS to be filled like the actual need for a understable putter and truly overstable approach disc. A understable mid would also be nice to have if the putter was slower lid-like.
I tend to agree with most of that. Additionally I would appreciate a ion/ Annode without the extreme rounded inner rim. (...) Obviously it's far fetched but I would be kind of stoked if/when that neutral axiom DD does come along if it were one tick faster. IMO that would compliment the tesla and inertia great.

One more vote for this point of view.

This would absolutely kill it though: MVP making a brand new pair of putters, understable and stable putters w very similiar grip (like Ion and Anode) ecxept:
  • Slow as possible!
  • Larger difference in flight (say HSS/LSS -1/0 vs 0/2, where Anode/Ion is -0,5/1 vs 0/2)
  • Get rid of the rounded inner rim, but keep the rounded outer rim. Large, deep rim, small diameter.
And last but not least...:
  • Optimized for MVPs new, "Pro"-type material!! :D (I wouldn't mind at all if they molded up more overstable in proton/neutron ;))

Unfortunately, low-profile, beadless putters might have a larger market, so I would guess they will build on the Envy core for a while at least.

BTW, I love the Anode, and would really like to have both more understable and more stable versions of the Anode/Ion-core (my personal pipe dream would be an un-Anode) but I don't se that happening. If I should switch putters, I would like it to be for something even better, so: slower but still wind resistant and quite stable, better grip, more stabilities. Impossible? :p

. Inertia is a faster glidey amp.

As a lower power player, I found the inertia easier to throw and better at holding annys than my 2 amps.

My first amp is a first run so it might be more stable. My second should be a second run, but both fly the same.

Just got an Inertia yesterday -- my first MVP disc. Looking forward to throwing it!

Give it touch of hyzer and height for some nice long flex shots.. throw flat/anny and hold the turn to the ground or steep hyzer and nice glidey fading distance line.

Really one of my favorite discs when there is room to work and its become my go-to roller as well' :thmbup:

switched to an all MVp bag minus the zone. I am excited to try the envy

As a lower power player, I found the inertia easier to throw and better at holding annys than my 2 amps.

My first amp is a first run so it might be more stable. My second should be a second run, but both fly the same.

My experience so far with the Inertia is that it is a bit more US than the Amp, even accounting for being slightly higher-speed.

switched to an all MVp bag minus the zone. I am excited to try the envy

The Envy is a great disc, but just be aware it is not going to replace your Zone. Not sure if that's what you are going for, or just mentioning the two in an unrelated fashion.

No I am looking for a driving putter. I am using the anode right now, but need something that won't flip.

I think he meant all MVP, but he's keeping the Zone. You are right, the Envy is not nearly as OS as the Zone.

The envy is Zone "like" that is to say its a very long putter that resists turnover, but it isn't as OS as a zone.

I think he meant all MVP, but he's keeping the Zone. You are right, the Envy is not nearly as OS as the Zone.

you are right

The envy is Zone "like" that is to say its a very long putter that resists turnover, but it isn't as OS as a zone.

Yeah, I ma looking to keep the zone, but add the Envy. So I will have the Envy as my Driving Piutter, Anode as my putter, and the zone as a utilty disc.

I agree with the Inertia being more understable than the Amp.

My fairway lineup is Volt,Amp,Inertia,Fury, then Resistor and Servo.

From Volt to Fury it's most OS to most US. For my arm there is a lot of distance difference between the slower MVP fairways and the faster ones. The Resistor is my utility disc and the Servo is like a much fast midrange and is a great sidearm disc.

I don't really consider my Inertia a distance disc. When it does get more distance than the Volt or Amp is not very much and it's can't compete with my Tern for distance.

I love using my Inertia for long shots in the woods. It's got great control and really sails on uphill shots.

I was using my proton envy during a ring of fire sunday just to get some wear on it lol. it needed to get that new disc smell off of it. I threw it a couple times afterwards and it just bombed.:thmbup:

I think my biggest suprise is how much I like the tensor. I never really used OS mids before, but really like this for a lot of stuff.

I think my biggest suprise is how much I like the tensor. I never really used OS mids before, but really like this for a lot of stuff.

I've bagged a Tensor since they came out. Don't use it a whole lot, but comes in handy for a few shots every round.
Now if I can just find the time to throw that Zone I got from Bamm...

Ya, me too and that's what I was trying to say in that quote.

Ditto here as well - Amp would fade on me but the Inertia is glidey goodness even if you only throw around 300ft. A little turn followed by a very small fade for a beautiful "S" curve that usually ends close to the center line or maybe just a little right (RHBH). Love the Inertia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts