• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Well, there were only a couple Volts in the store and I ended up getting a 171g white Neutron and it does have a strong dumpy fade. It's a bit more overstable than I thought it would be and I'm wondering how much I might have to thrash it to beat it in. Considering the plastic is tough as nails... my guess is a lot.

Even when I felt I got a good rip on it the Volt still would dump out of the sky as soon as it lost steam. Although it is also worth mentioning that we had some decent winds today so I'm sure that affected some throws.

Still, got some pretty nice flights out of it despite everything. Wondering how it might season.

It should slowly lose LSS and maintain most of it's HSS. You'll just start to notice that the glide phase stretches more and more as it wears.

As for grip, yeah, soft P seems to me to be the best gripping polymer they're doing right now, though I haven't felt up production soft N yet.

I'd be really interested to check out some of the mids or drivers in a soft P variant, thought I'd guess that's not necessarily a priority at this stage.

Toro, we need to get together for another round. I got a beautiful white with hot pink rim and rainbow stamped Crave the other week and am loving it.

Also, the Crave is the best straight line flick disc I've every used.

Toro, we need to get together for another round. I got a beautiful white with hot pink rim and rainbow stamped Crave the other week and am loving it.

Also, the Crave is the best straight line flick disc I've every used.

Totally (the round I mean.) We should try for Liske this week after work.

It should, barring some major damage, season slowly getting slightly turny and tons of glide. It really just depends on how much your hitting trees and such with it on how long it will take. My early run volt started out somewhat OS, but quickly got a touch flippy, probably cause every course around here is loaded with trees. But once it got that touch of flip it pretty much stayed the same for about 8-10 months before I lost it.

It should slowly lose LSS and maintain most of it's HSS. You'll just start to notice that the glide phase stretches more and more as it wears.

As for grip, yeah, soft P seems to me to be the best gripping polymer they're doing right now, though I haven't felt up production soft N yet.

I'd be really interested to check out some of the mids or drivers in a soft P variant, thought I'd guess that's not necessarily a priority at this stage.
Right on. I was actually just thinking about this, since the idea is to avoid trees in disc golf. Methinks I might have to help speed along the process since I've been hitting some nice lines around trees lately ;)

It would be cool if they released their drivers in Soft Proton but I wonder how well it might work and if that's why they haven't done it.

When I get a new MVP disc I want to beat in to glidey-shapey goodness, I force rollers on it as second shots for a full round. Moves it along pretty quick. And is good fun. (With Teslas and especially Clashes that I want to stay OS, I cringe when they hit anything.)

I hadn't planned on it. I'm still not 100% sure I'll be doing it, but leaning more towards yes than no at this point. Some days my hand feels perfect, other days it bothers me the entire round. Just makes me nervous being its a multiday tournament, and eve if I feel great day 1, who's to say I will the next few days. I want to be able to give it 100% if I do that big of a tournament. Nothing more frustrating than being mentally prepared for something like that but having your body not being able to keep up.

Just going for qualifying day without playing in the actual tournament might be a great experience with how the course actually plays with all the ropes and the whole atmosphere and everything though, right?

I really don't see the issue with overlap in the 7 speed class. I have the Resistor and 1776 Envy bagged at the moment, and may try the Crave in the future. I bought the Switch and Servo, and didn't really click with either at my power level. Given how much I preferred the Envy to the Switch I'm hoping I feel the same about the Crave vs the Servo (although maybe I'll try lots of rollers with the Servo before I give up on it).

With the durability of MVP/Axiom plastic I'd rather buy the Axiom version that flies like I want my disc to out of the box as opposed to beating in the MVP version. Maybe we can sweet talk the brothers into bringing back the first run Volt as an Axiom mold. Paging Zamson!

When I get a new MVP disc I want to beat in to glidey-shapey goodness, I force rollers on it as second shots for a full round. Moves it along pretty quick. And is good fun. (With Teslas and especially Clashes that I want to stay OS, I cringe when they hit anything.)
I was trying to do this a bit earlier. Was throwing my Volt around and it is considerably overstable, moreso than my Teebird. It's going to take a whole lot of rollers...

I was trying to do this a bit earlier. Was throwing my Volt around and it is considerably overstable, moreso than my Teebird. It's going to take a whole lot of rollers...

yeah, i was doing it with my tesla and didn't notice any difference for about a month, but it surely is faster than only throwing it when you would normally throw it.

so i started doing tommy and thumber work with it too. :D

yeah, i was doing it with my tesla and didn't notice any difference for about a month, but it surely is faster than only throwing it when you would normally throw it.

so i started doing tommy and thumber work with it too. :D

Throw it into a hedge a couple times at full speed, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.