• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MVP to do list:

Baseline Plastic
US Midrange
US Putt/approach (PA4-like)
OS Putt/approach (zone-like)
speed 12 distance drivers
release all current molds in proton/eclipse, and not hyped up as if it was a new disc release, wtf
white overmolds on neutron MVP
mvp dri-fit shirts

instead they keep releasing speed 7's that overlap.

Sure there's overlap. Most companies offer molds with some overlap. For most discs that overlap, I throw axiom as it looks nicer, and feels nicer
Exceptions would be that I bag both an amp and inspire as I flick the amp better. I have lost lots of money purchasing discs I ended up not liking. Unless you are a testor or a sponsored player, money drain is the name of the game when it comes to new releases

Calling it overlap and leaving it at that is missing the point. If you look at it now, it's a complete system of six gradations of stability, all designed for very slow-wearing plastic, all intended to be run at the same stability across runs. They're not pokemans... you don't need to bag all six. Select what works for your throwing style. The tester and early adopter reviews should be helpful in skipping certain releases and saving your money for things that are better suited to your bag.

its actually beautiful. Things have always been slow to come out but we are seeing new releases at a prolific rate than ever before from MVP-- everyone needs a blunt or chill pill, seriously. Look at vibram :\

Question for IN4D. Since you state you no longer support MVP, if they announced a line of new releases which mirrored your want list exactly, would you purchase them? If not, why do you care what they release, and if so, can you truthfully say you don't support them?

I think he would support them if they did all of that, but sent him the test discs first.

Nerdboners are the coolest people I know:)

I'm fine with how they are progressing and I like all the molds. It's hard sometimes to decide which ones I wanna carry that day.

They said the knowledge they gained with the speed 7 class helped them in making the speed 10 class which will undoubtedly help them in making the speed 12 class.

Besides its great to have things to look forward to. Otherwise it would get pretty boring around here.

I went to a local shop to fondle some P tesla and soft neutron envy already got a couple picked out(sparkle tesla!). I will be sitting there waiting for the shop to open Friday morning.....Is it Friday yet?

Question for IN4D. Since you state you no longer support MVP, if they announced a line of new releases which mirrored your want list exactly, would you purchase them? If not, why do you care what they release, and if so, can you truthfully say you don't support them?

If they release anything on my list i would purchase it and give it a try, but aside from the list and overlap. MVP is not running ace race events, sponsoring professionals, sponsoring tournaments, or any type of event in general. Even Vibram sponsors a major tournament every year and i would argue they are considerably smaller market share than MVP. Most people at league (and im speaking for my local area) these days have at least 1 MVP in the bag, not many companies other than innova/discraft/lat64 can do that with all the competition thats out there. MVP could be using its success to grow the sport. I prefer to support companies that grow the sport in some way, if MVP started doing something other than ONLY selling discs for profit then i could truthfully support them, at this point i can learn any companies discs and do just as well with them so i choose to throw/purchase based on what they do for the sport in return. But that's just me, almost no one thinks about it this way.

Last edited:
I just meant that the eclipse is a little dumpy at first but get tons of glide the more you break them in. ALso I think the eclipse are easier to find when thrown in the jungle. The white rims stand out better.
Right. Well, there were only a couple Volts in the store and I ended up getting a 171g white Neutron and it does have a strong dumpy fade. It's a bit more overstable than I thought it would be and I'm wondering how much I might have to thrash it to beat it in. Considering the plastic is tough as nails... my guess is a lot.

Even when I felt I got a good rip on it the Volt still would dump out of the sky as soon as it lost steam. Although it is also worth mentioning that we had some decent winds today so I'm sure that affected some throws.

Still, got some pretty nice flights out of it despite everything. Wondering how it might season.

Seriously man, no bashing here, don't you think they are pumping money back into their business to keep improving? Vibram has other means of income besides discs. Most businesses claim a loss in the first 5 years. I'm sure the MVP bros aren't flying the skies in Lear Jets pouring Crystal out on the floor. Give them time and I'm sure they will be in the sponsorship game. Besides aren't they growing the sport by making discs for us to throw

It should, barring some major damage, season slowly getting slightly turny and tons of glide. It really just depends on how much your hitting trees and such with it on how long it will take. My early run volt started out somewhat OS, but quickly got a touch flippy, probably cause every course around here is loaded with trees. But once it got that touch of flip it pretty much stayed the same for about 8-10 months before I lost it.

If they release anything on my list i would purchase it and give it a try, but aside from the list and overlap. MVP is not running ace race events, sponsoring professionals, sponsoring tournaments, or any type of event in general. Even Vibram sponsors a major tournament every year and i would argue they are considerably smaller market share than MVP. Most people at league (and im speaking for my local area) these days have at least 1 MVP in the bag, not many companies other than innova/discraft/lat64 can do that with all the competition thats out there. MVP could be using its success to grow the sport. I prefer to support companies that grow the sport in some way, if MVP started doing something other than ONLY selling discs for profit then i could truthfully support them, at this point i can learn any companies discs and do just as well with them so i choose to throw/purchase based on what they do for the sport in return. But that's just me, almost no one thinks about it this way.

you're overthinking this

If they release anything on my list i would purchase it and give it a try, but aside from the list and overlap. MVP is not running ace race events, sponsoring professionals, sponsoring tournaments, or any type of event in general. Even Vibram sponsors a major tournament every year and i would argue they are considerably smaller market share than MVP. Most people at league (and im speaking for my local area) these days have at least 1 MVP in the bag, not many companies other than innova/discraft/lat64 can do that with all the competition thats out there. MVP could be using its success to grow the sport..

STFU already... so much BS its not even funny and you run to the one runt in the sport trying to come up like MVP has. LMK when you can replace those same legacy discs without search for run/plastic/color :| unfortunately like latitude I threw them before it was cool and know how it rolls. I try every new disc really that hits the market and can say my bag is stuffed full of MVP--happy to have it that way. I tear courses up and love the look on peoples face when I park 400' holes with a tesla or inertia.

I didn't respond to any of your **** earlier b/c that's what it seriously is... all you did was back this company and then whine about stuff they didn't do personally for you. I mean really get a grip on life and realize wtf you are even talking about before coming to a public forum to spout **** which no one even cares to read.

Get a new avatar too. You make me sick'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.