• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have a feeling if we don't police ourselves here, the mods are gonna have a field day with this thread. So lets all agree to disagree and get back to why this thread is here. Which is to have "friendly" debate and Q & A about MVP/AXIOM products.

eh well, MVP threads have been in much worse shape all things considered this is legit discussion no need for moderation.

Well some of these posts are starting to venture towards personal attacks. Im all for busting each others balls but not everyone can tell the difference.

These complaints are inevitable if people are invested in a developing company. Unless the creators just have zero vision of their own, their plans are gonna deviate from what you'd expect based on earlier output. And if the main beefs are with marketing strategy and scheduling, those are (thankfully) not the product.

As for Soft Neutron, there have been soft Ions (including Soft Neutron) and Anodes for years now, there were not any soft Envy variants. No slight to fans of Ion or Anode, pretty obvious choice.

I am considering getting a Volt to fill the role between my Teebird and Wraith. I want something slightly faster than my Bird that will get me more distance and can be used as a go-to for all these in-between distance shots.

Tell me more about the Volt. How great is it? I like MVP's stuff. Is there any preference between Neutron or Proton?

My drivers would then look like:
Wraith
Starfire
Volt
Teebird

edit: or should I consider an Axiom disc?

Well the axiom crave is probably to similar to the teebird in your line up, and axiom doesn't make any volt class discs. The older neutron volts are a little less OS than the newer neutron and proton. A proton volt will have a similar flights to a champ teebird but in my experience the teebird lose their HSS a little faster. And the volt, with my form anyway could handle more power than teebird. So I would suggest an eclipse proton volt and you will thank me after you wear off the "new disc smell".

I am considering getting a Volt to fill the role between my Teebird and Wraith. I want something slightly faster than my Bird that will get me more distance and can be used as a go-to for all these in-between distance shots.

Tell me more about the Volt. How great is it? I like MVP's stuff. Is there any preference between Neutron or Proton?

My drivers would then look like:
Wraith
Starfire
Volt
Teebird

edit: or should I consider an Axiom disc?

to answer simply-- volts fit great between a less premium teebird and faster discs like you mention above. Don't be surprised when the volt goes as far as your wraith once it is seasoned up a little. Volts are the epitome of 0 HSS. Neutron vs proton is not a big difference go with what you like'

:thmbup: Nice. Thanks guys. I think I'll mosey on over to the store tomorrow to see about getting some Voltage. I have yet to try an MVP driver so I am excited to check that out.

Sounds like a winner.

I've been a fan of the Volt since it came out. Luckily I have two of the early runs still, as those are the ones I prefer. As mentioned before, the new Volts will be slightly overstable, but I wouldn't call them "beefy" even in Proton. It takes awhile to wear them in compared to other discs but I have found that MVP drivers wear in quicker than their mids and putters just from the harder impacts that drivers suffer.

I run Motion - QOLF - Volt in my control driver slot, with my early run Volt being the neutral to understable of the trio. Keep in mind the Volt I've had in my bag since they were released so it will take awhile for you to get it there.

The beauty of the Volt (I still say it's MVPs best disc but I'm probably in the minority here) is that is really a do it all disc because it so intuitive. Anhyzers, hyzers, dead straight, hyzer flips, rollers, forehand rollers, forehands....it truly does it all.

I prefer Neutron but again, I'm rocking the early runs so your experience may differ.

sure, but in this case i feel like i'm watching the LOST series again.

Me too, to a certain extent. As with all proprietary knowledge in the R&D world (I've seen it particularly in the world of gaming), you want to trust that the developers or designers have a grand plan they're working on. That everything will make sense in the end.

I want to believe it from MVP. Thus far, I've had some questions (particularly Axiom--though I'm loving the discs released in that line) and concerns (step back to speed 7 drivers when the vast amount of requests were for something faster, then one step up to speed 10...).

I've always thought of MVP as the innovators in the DG world, but lately they've felt less-than-so. Ultimately, though, I'm still in the wait-and-see camp. Don't get me wrong--I still buy every one of their new releases.

That and I want baseline Vectors. :)

Well the axiom crave is probably to similar to the teebird in your line up, and axiom doesn't make any volt class discs. The older neutron volts are a little less OS than the newer neutron and proton. A proton volt will have a similar flights to a champ teebird but in my experience the teebird lose their HSS a little faster. And the volt, with my form anyway could handle more power than teebird. So I would suggest an eclipse proton volt and you will thank me after you wear off the "new disc smell".
But I like that new plastic smell! ;)
I've been a fan of the Volt since it came out. Luckily I have two of the early runs still, as those are the ones I prefer. As mentioned before, the new Volts will be slightly overstable, but I wouldn't call them "beefy" even in Proton. It takes awhile to wear them in compared to other discs but I have found that MVP drivers wear in quicker than their mids and putters just from the harder impacts that drivers suffer.

I run Motion - QOLF - Volt in my control driver slot, with my early run Volt being the neutral to understable of the trio. Keep in mind the Volt I've had in my bag since they were released so it will take awhile for you to get it there.

The beauty of the Volt (I still say it's MVPs best disc but I'm probably in the minority here) is that is really a do it all disc because it so intuitive. Anhyzers, hyzers, dead straight, hyzer flips, rollers, forehand rollers, forehands....it truly does it all.

I prefer Neutron but again, I'm rocking the early runs so your experience may differ.
:thmbup: Well that is all the convincing I need. I'm considering Proton plastic since I kind of like their stamps better but depending on the colors and weights we'll see if it ends up Neutron or what. I would try Eclipse but I'd rather save that for glow rounds instead of everyday use.

I'm glad the weather cleared up this morning :D

People seem to be complaining because MVP isn't putting out the exact discs in the exact plastics they want, but they can't please everybody cuz everybody wants different ****. A little patience would go a long way. You infer that you're a diehard but you only stick with a company as long as they're catering specifically to your desires?
You stop talking common sense in here! Don't you know only pro-MVP trolls and anti-MVP trolls are allowed to post in here? There's no room for any middle ground!

I'll second the request for a soft Volt. I'd love to try that out!

Oh, and as far as being jealous of testers? Why?!?:confused: I don't want to do the work that goes with being a tester. I'd rather read what they have to say, and then read between the lines and buy what I want to throw as opposed to having to spend time throwing several different discs and writing up reports. I guess I do well enough that spending $20 or so on a disc isn't something I lose sleep over, despite In4D's speculation to the contrary.

Y I don't want to do the work that goes with being a "tester".

Work? They throw the disc a few times then come on here and talk about how it is the greatest release yet and how awesome it flies. Then 3 weeks later they don't talk about it anymore since it didn't make their bag.

They don't test they hype...

Soft Envy:popcorn::popcorn:

But I like that new plastic smell! ;)

I just meant that the eclipse is a little dumpy at first but get tons of glide the more you break them in. ALso I think the eclipse are easier to find when thrown in the jungle. The white rims stand out better.

The white rims stand out better.

Years ago i said MVP should just make their discs with white rims instead of black so they are easier to see if they slide under leaves or a log, looks a lot better in videos too. Or at least offer neutron in a glow rim.

Another thing to add to my list :D

remember when they made a whole new company instead with multiple colored rims?

yea but i want a neutron volt with a white rim, pretty sure axiom doesnt make that. I do remember when every disc they released overlapped with the MVP i already had though, that was pointless money down the drain.

Eh its a matter of preference. I didn't get the idea of the crave and inspire when they first came out. But now I prefer them over the servo and switch. I would agree that the speed 7 class is a little overloaded. they need to move on to 12 speed driver class or make that truly US mid/putter that we all want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.