• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, so good

Judging by the saying, 'What you don't know can't hurt you', you are practically invulnerable. So i will yield my trolling for the day. :p As much as i would like to sit here and troll all night, i have a yard to mow, meal to cook, etc. you will understand someday.

ugh

That stuff was supposed be trolling?

Are you terrible at everything?

Never been around for a disc coming out that I wanted as bad as the soft envy. Do they show up in brick and mortar stores on the 12th or just the internet?

I know I'm still new here but I'm actually starting to feel bad for this guy. We are all people who like to throw discs at metal baskets, only we like different discs to throw at those metal baskets.

Sometimes these forums kill my hope for humanity and peace on this spinning rock

Never been around for a disc coming out that I wanted as bad as the soft envy. Do they show up in brick and mortar stores on the 12th or just the internet?

If the store placed their order in a timely manner then discs will be in their hands for release date. MVP sets it up so everyone has a fair chance come release to move product. They generally have a deadline which the order needs to be submitted in order to guarantee shipping for release date.

SO the discs SHOULD be available if your local retailer isn't sleeping.

Stoked for the soft envy. It will be nice to throw it with out the worry of not being able to replace it.

I know I'm still new here but I'm actually starting to feel bad for this guy. We are all people who like to throw discs at metal baskets, only we like different discs to throw at those metal baskets.

Sometimes these forums kill my hope for humanity and peace on this spinning rock

it's just a dumb dg forum...don't worry so much

Hey AIM, have you roughed up any of the soft ion/anodes to see if they get super grippy? I know they're already supposed to be grippier than the stock plastic versions, but figured the way you like to break in new discs you might have some insight.

Funny you mention that.. I took sandpaper to one of the soft neutron ions recently and its stupid grippy. The plastic itself is still slick when new but pliability allows for a good pinch of the flight plate and little more resistance on the fingers. I still was having some issues in the early morning dew but not anymore. The other plastics are the same result but soft neutron is insane. Also I have found newest runs of soft proton to be extra tacky/gummy.

Thx, I was hoping for this. I love my P envy but its gets so humid around here. Its hard to get a good grip, without using up my shot clock with a towel and a birdie bag, lol.

Will the soft proton/neutron make it to the rest of the lineup someday? Thoughts? Confirmations?

the "rest" as in all the discs? doubt anytime too soon if ever. There is not a large demand for soft faster drivers IMO.

Thx, I was hoping for this. I love my P envy but its gets so humid around here. Its hard to get a good grip, without using up my shot clock with a towel and a birdie bag, lol.

yeah I have sweaty hands too more often than not so some sanding of the top and bottom flight plate really helps a lot.

I think the newer proton/neutron plastic being used for the drivers is soft enough. But I do play with some fellas who only use older extra gummy innova discs. So im sure there will be a market for it.

Thanks for the answers. I hope one of the stores near me ordered them. I'll have to make some phone calls tomorrow.

I actually came across an unstamped vector which was older and its soft/gummy. The neutron plastic was hard as hell unless you left it out in the elements and worked it back and forth really hard compared to the current stuff though definitely agree there BB. The copper teslas I have are really soft in the lighter weights.

I'd like to see soft run in ALL the molds. I think the mids in soft proton or neutron would be awesome. And who wouldn't want a soft proton or neutron Volt? Sign me up for one of each

Yea all the "metallic" color discs I have held were super gummy compared to the others of the same mold.

Well at least the flight plates were.

Status
Not open for further replies.