• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Santa is receiving requests for baseline plastic Ions, Anodes, Envys and Tangents.
(yes we talk and text more than most people would know...)

I hope the brothers don't let down all the little children dreaming of grippy goodness in their bag for spring.

but

baseline.jpg

Well it isn't cold yet but I am happy with my Soft Envy so far, will pick up some base Tangents for sure. Would be willing to try them in soft N also.

Any other mids for the base treatment?

I just said tangent b/c its the only mid I really would care to have a uber beat version that flies really understable. But if we are going all out might as well make the vector and axis too. :D

I just obtained proton inertia and a neutron inertia from the ISO Indian oaks tournament and I noticed my proton inertia is less stable than the neutron. Is it suppose to be that way?

How do the MVP plastics stand up to the cold? I have a Neutron Shock and a Proton Anode I'd like to throw this winter if I can. I'd hate for them to shatter when hitting a tree up here in the MN cold.

I hit a bunch of trees last winter in the cold as hell northeast and no damage.

How do the MVP plastics stand up to the cold? I have a Neutron Shock and a Proton Anode I'd like to throw this winter if I can. I'd hate for them to shatter when hitting a tree up here in the MN cold.

I've thrown MVP for a couple years through winter here in Calgary with no issues. Aside from everything being hard and slick, including my softs.

They're going to hold up great, they're just going to feel like sh!t doing it.

Except my Soft Envy. Good lawd, that thing feels great. Mine is super tacky and as soft or softer than just about any FLX I've had, except maybe Purple and Black Challengers.

They hold up just fine to the cold here in MN! I switched from Medium Proton to Soft Proton (and now use Soft Neutron) last winter for putting and that helped a bunch. I have put a couple nicks in the rim of my first run volt from days it was 0 out.

2 things I've noticed playing in the winter cold and snow:

1 - Soft Proton seemed to harden whereas Soft Neutron seemed to maintain some flexibility and grip.

2 - Wear one of those hand warmer things like NFL QB's wear on cold days (I think they are technically called a muff) with the hand warmer packets inside and no glove on your throwing hand. The throwing hand stays in there the whole time and comes out right before you throw and back in immediately after. Makes a world of difference. The discs are still cold, but the grip is greatly improved since your hand isn't.

Hand warmers inside mittens work great here in Alaska. Remove mitten, throw disc, and return hand.
My neutrons did really well this winter. Great grip and flights. Just make sure you let them adjust to the cold before throwing. Snow on a warm disc will melt, become slick, then freeze on the disc which can cut your fingers.

They also did well when living in Fairbanks and -30 degrees. I would throw in an icy parking lot after school. No tree hits, but I would drill a light pole from time to time with barely a scratch on the disc.

Hand warmers inside mittens work great here in Alaska. Remove mitten, throw disc, and return hand.

that is really the only option. we had a couple -20/30 days here in MN last winter and frankly that's the only way to even stay remotely comfortable. even so, there is a certain point where the plastic gets too stiff IMO. but when your hand comes into contact with the outside air from the warmth there will be a small tacky layer of condensation that keeps you gripping solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.