• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must not have thrown a flywood disc into a tree. THAT is a unique sound, lol, but not as much as when it goes in the basket

I won't putt with a Flywood because of the sound. Sounds cool when it hits a tree though. Also it is a crap putter.

At least you dispel the myth of "racism doesn't exist anymore in America"
Wow, oversensitive and ignorant much? "Chinese" is a nationality, not a race. There are 56 distinct races that make up the Chinese culture, where counterfeiting, forgery and theft of intellectual property are commonplace and until recently were accepted practices that the national government turned a blind eye to. Currently the Chinese government is promising reform, but there is little concrete evidence of them following through.

Now, in fairness, the Chinese are not the only ones who act in this fashion, but as Yikun is the one getting into overmolding, AND the Chinese are prolific counterfeiters/thieves of others intellectual property I chose to reference China. Take your foolish race-baiting BS somewhere else pal! If I'm a racist I'm in good company:

The New York Times using the words "Chinese" and "knockoffs" in the same headline: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/22/magazine/22fake-t.html?pagewanted=all

Time Magazine doing so: http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1998580,00.html

Forbes confronting the issue of Chinese companies stealing IP: http://www.forbes.com/sites/emmawoo...et-tough-on-chinese-ip-theft-committee-warns/

The BBC doing the same: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-22634685

And a host of other relevant articles discussing theft of IP, forgery, or "knockoffs" by China: http://tech.co/freshetech-chinese-knockoffs-2014-07
www.businessinsider.com/hilariously-bad-chinese-knock-offs-of-famous-american-and-european-brands-2012-8
http://news.discovery.com/tech/gear-and-gadgets/chinese-counterfeits-best-worst-photos-110726.htm

Now, if Yikun wants to continue this tradition, that's all well and good. I just hope that since there is absolutely no reason to support Yikun, people will support other mfg's. After all, it's not like we're paying half price for the "made in China" disc like we do with other goods, so why not spend our money here with Innova, Discraft, Gateway, MVP or one of the other companies that are providing jobs and income to Americans? Or worst case scenario, support Trilogy which is at least made in a democratic country as opposed to a repressive dictatorship?

Oh wait, was it racist to point out that the Chinese people live under a one party system of government? I can never keep up with what the PC crowd lets us say and not say anymore. :rolleyes:

That's not what race means now. The original delineation of race was actually done by language. You can call it what you want, but if you don't think the statement made by puckstopper was racist.. you're wrong.

So, not only do you not know what racism means, you also don't know what wrong means. Interesting.

Ok, living in a windy state, need advise on this...My MVP is not working with winds over 15mph. that's strange because I find all my MVP discs to be Overstable, which is what I go for in Headwinds. Played Jones in Emporia last Saturday, wind was 15 -25 all afternoon. Throw my crazy overstable 171 n Motion, goes 150' and dives into the ground, flicked it with all angles and level and still crashes like a roswell UFO. Throw my Innova starfire and it goes 250' perfect in a headwind. With no wind or just slightly breezy I kill it all day, I'm about 275' power.

174 n inertia
174 n impulse
171 n motion
174 n volt
174 n vector
175 n ion

any disc with high speed turn is not good in the headwind but I throw motions 300' without them even turning for a minute including headwinds. Volts do not really flip over either and vector/ion should hold just fine but the big beads will be trickery to control. Honestly it sounds like something is a little messed up with your throw.

I'd say try something slower that is beefy, like a Resistor. Could be that, since your D isn't huge (nor is mine, so please don't take offense) you could be over-torquing your discs in an effort to get more out of them, which is making them screwy in the wind. Perhaps a slower, but still perfectly OS disc will offer better results because you can focus on form more.

This reminds me of a story from a few years ago. Playing doubles on a windy day, my team tied with another and we decided to break the tie by throwing CTP into a strong headwind. The basket was maybe 250' away so I'm thinking no problem, I'll throw my Star Teebird on a hyzer and park the hole.

Wrong! The wind munches up my drive and spits it out. I try a couple more times – same result. Eventually I realize that I need to clean up my throw. Headwinds tell you the truth.

At 275', you should be able to throw any of the discs on your list into a strong (15-20 mph) headwind with just a little hyzer. I have never tried a Motion, but my 157 Proton Teslas don't even notice 20 mph headwinds.

I have to be more careful with my 162 Neutron Inertia – if it starts turning into a headwind it's not coming back – but with a little hyzer the Inertia stays under control.

Sorry - I know this is not what you want to hear!

This reminds me of a story from a few years ago. Playing doubles on a windy day, my team tied with another and we decided to break the tie by throwing CTP into a strong headwind. The basket was maybe 250' away so I'm thinking no problem, I'll throw my Star Teebird on a hyzer and park the hole.

Wrong! The wind munches up my drive and spits it out. I try a couple more times – same result. Eventually I realize that I need to clean up my throw. Headwinds tell you the truth.

At 275', you should be able to throw any of the discs on your list into a strong (15-20 mph) headwind with just a little hyzer. I have never tried a Motion, but my 157 Proton Teslas don't even notice 20 mph headwinds.

I have to be more careful with my 162 Neutron Inertia – if it starts turning into a headwind it's not coming back – but with a little hyzer the Inertia stays under control.

Sorry - I know this is not what you want to hear!

I wouldn't include the Impulse or Inertia in this argument. The others, okay. Also, adding a "little bit of hyzer" isn't going to keep a turning disc controllable into a strong headwind. Lot's of hyzer, and back of the throw. Once a disc flips over into a headwind, you've already lost it.

As to the OP, yeh, something's not right if they're all turning and burning. The "hyzer" advice is sound, in that you don't want to be cranking discs over into a headwind, no matter what disc. Not only use a stable- overstable disc, but use a different throw.

I dont like stamps. Here are my soft envy and soft atom:

vmUXwyy.jpg

The Motion turns and burns in any conditions wind or no wind.I throw it forehand and have tried all different release angles to no avail. The impulse and inertia Have help me break my 300' wall, I have thrown both of them to 400' but the conditions had to be perfect and I have only done it a couple times, I have had no problems with these 2 boys other than when I throw into cross or headwinds, they tend to get knocked down or turn over. I can control starfire, teebird or wraith in headwinds all day long, The innovas will cut through the winds no matter how wonky my release gets.
It just aggravates me cause I really want to throw only MPV stuff. I bought a Motion to compliment my other drivers and it certainly hasnt fufilled my expectations.
As far as grip goes, I may be torking too much, in order to fix that do I need a tighter grip or loosen up a bit? I use the basic two finger forehand.

I'm thinking of just going a round with just inertia, volt, vector and ion , I havent worked volt in the winds yet but I need to give it a try. I love the volt, its always consistant and it was very close to giving me my first ace on a 220' hole.

The Motion turns and burns in any conditions wind or no wind.I throw it forehand and have tried all different release angles to no avail. The impulse and inertia Have help me break my 300' wall, I have thrown both of them to 400' but the conditions had to be perfect and I have only done it a couple times, I have had no problems with these 2 boys other than when I throw into cross or headwinds, they tend to get knocked down or turn over. I can control starfire, teebird or wraith in headwinds all day long, The innovas will cut through the winds no matter how wonky my release gets.
It just aggravates me cause I really want to throw only MPV stuff. I bought a Motion to compliment my other drivers and it certainly hasnt fufilled my expectations.
As far as grip goes, I may be torking too much, in order to fix that do I need a tighter grip or loosen up a bit? I use the basic two finger forehand.

The Impulse will turn and burn into a headwind, and the Inertia is only marginally better. You must have gotten a freak Motion, or maybe you're rolling your wrist way over on FH. Why don't you try the Motion BH into a headwind, see what happens.

IME, MVP are a little more reliable in the wind than other brand counterparts, most likely due to the extra weight on the outside of the rim.

Tight grip, always...but don't roll your wrist. On FH throws you want your hand to finish palm up, regardless of release angle.

Good luck...

You want to tighten your grip at the last possible second. If your arm is tensed from crushing the grip you won't get much distance.

I dont like stamps. Here are my soft envy and soft atom:

I wish MVP made more factory blanks. Or maybe they do and they get snatched up by dyers. All my older discs I bought blank but they are harder to find now. Did they come like that or did you remove the stamps?

I wish MVP made more factory blanks. Or maybe they do and they get snatched up by dyers. All my older discs I bought blank but they are harder to find now. Did they come like that or did you remove the stamps?

I think it's up to the retailers what they order. The Finnish site I ordered from had both stamped and nonstamped.

Marshall Street always has plenty of blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.