• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds to me like, maybe, you're not using "turn and burn" properly? If the Inertia isn't doing it, and the Motion is, that means we're talking about fade. Meaning, maybe what we're looking at is not 'turn and burn' but too much OS for your throw right now?

Sure, there could be an oddball Motion or two out there, but how effed up would it have to be to turn and burn on throws where the Inertia doesn't?

It sounds to me like, maybe, you're not using "turn and burn" properly? If the Inertia isn't doing it, and the Motion is, that means we're talking about fade. Meaning, maybe what we're looking at is not 'turn and burn' but too much OS for your throw right now?

Sure, there could be an oddball Motion or two out there, but how effed up would it have to be to turn and burn on throws where the Inertia doesn't?

Dude, it's like you were reading my mind or something...

^ not trying to come off as a**y. Honestly it's not that different from what happens when I try to flick a Motion with my terrible FH. Although I love it for that.

Snagged a couple new discs today with the prize ticket from a tourney. 173g hot pink resistor 174g pink firm boobless atom.

One boob only, definitely not as cool as two boobs. Two boobs or no boobs for me.

Guys I have a problem... I love the Anode.. But the Proxy and Atom have released and I really enjoyed the Atom but haven't got much time with the proxy. With all these new plastics and putters in general dropping we have sooooo many awesome choices. Is anyone else feeling a tad bit overwhelmed? :D Never been so impressed by a company's pool of putters.

Yeah, I love all the choices we've been given this past year. Axiom gave us a pretty full line up in one year and I was on a roll buying them all until the Proxy came out. For me, my putter is my putter, I don't want different ones for different scenarios, and I am in love with the Envy. It does it all. The Proxy looks amazing too, I just don't want to try it and get hooked all over again and lose my Envies from my bag.

I will buy one or two of the Axiom drivers, and I really want an Orbital or Wave in Plasma plastic for a hyzer flip bomber. (and by bomber, I mean 350', because that's my max I've thrown flat.)

I'm back... really enjoying these two. I haven't thrown a lot of MVP for the past year plus. Now that my form has improved the Axis really flies for me. Very controllable straight flight. As for the Crave I actually really like it on sidearm throws. I feel like I could hit a gnat's eye at 320ft. with this thing. :thmbup: I'm thinking a soft proton Anode and a resistor would make a fun little bag with these two.

Attachments

• IMG_20150205_093403.jpg
    IMG_20150205_093403.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 35
Is a Tesla or a Volt more similar to an Orion LF? I'm thinking the Volt would be, but I usually prefer my drivers in the high 160s and Volts don't go that low... Also, what makes a better utility disc, the Resistor or Motion? I'm talking thumbers, sidearms, flex approach shots, etc. Basically which one is closer to a beefy Firebird. I'm looking for control, not distance.

Both are similar with the Motion being longer of the two. Not so great at overhand stuff tho. Sidearm they are great, no luck with tommys and I don't use thumbers myself. My Resistor will not barrel roll at all, it just stays vertical, but this makes it a killer FH roller.

I love mine as a utility and super OS mid shots too.

I'm sure someone else will chime in to give more input

Is a Tesla or a Volt more similar to an Orion LF? I'm thinking the Volt would be, but I usually prefer my drivers in the high 160s and Volts don't go that low... Also, what makes a better utility disc, the Resistor or Motion? I'm talking thumbers, sidearms, flex approach shots, etc. Basically which one is closer to a beefy Firebird. I'm looking for control, not distance.

Depends on the Orion LF...base plastic(Pro) are not stable at all. My Neutron Tesla's are similar to my QOLF's, in fact they replaced them in the bag.

I have 1.2 and 1.3(sparkle) QOLF's, and agree with kodachrome that Tesla's(Neutron) are more beefy. But my 2 Tesla's have unusually high PLH. I've compared both with a couple playing partners Tesla's, and the PLH on theirs is lower.

I think the Neutron Tesla would be similar enough to Sirius OLF, assuming your OLF's aren't real beat in. But I would try and hand pick any Tesla's because it seems there's a lot of variance in how different runs(colors?) came out re PLH and how overstable they may be.

Lite purple almost white mega flexible ones are the sh!t!!!

Kodachrome can attest to this:)

Status
Not open for further replies.