• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mvp is more of a natural beauty market because they are quite consistent And rarities like that are valuable IMO. Unless you've got first run ions you won't get much of a bump. I agree with you.

What's the difference between FR Volts and the current run? I have one Neutron Volt that flies the best and I think that's because it's beat in. But I want to know the difference to be sure.

The first runs of shocks and volts were noticeably more understable off the shelf.

I have a Shock that flies like a Volt. And my Volt that I use is pretty understable but I don't remember it flying like that initially. I bought a second Volt last year in Neutron and it didn't fly the same..

I was thinking about the eclipse plastic the other day. I wonder if they could include something in the ink for the stamps that could be charged up and glow.

What is everyone's putter lineup now that we have a selection in the Anode, Ion, Atom, Proxy, and Envy. What do you use and why? I still use the Anode. 1 N Anode and 1 Soft E Anode.

I was thinking about the eclipse plastic the other day. I wonder if they could include something in the ink for the stamps that could be charged up and glow.

The "ink" for stamps is almost always hot stamp foil. The companies that make this foil are really getting some crazy cool looks nowadays so I'd say this is probably possibly. Good idea... those would sell and make millions :clap:

What is everyone's putter lineup now that we have a selection in the Anode, Ion, Atom, Proxy, and Envy. What do you use and why? I still use the Anode. 1 N Anode and 1 Soft E Anode.

I've spent the last few years putting (and upshooting) with the same two medium proton Anodes.

I'm giving the Atom a shot for putts. I like the grip of the plastic, but I really like that they're a bit shallower than the Anode. I love love love the Zone/Envy/Proxy combo for everything inside of 280' or so. I love it so much that I'm considering removing most of my mids.

So, for now it's Atoms for when I'm running chains. Zone/Proxy/Envy for most everything else. If I'm not thrilled with the Atoms, I'll go back to my Anodes. I like driving the Anodes, but I prefer the Proxy for laserbeams. It's a little shallower which means less OAT for me.

I just switched from a Vibram Ridge to the Atom for putting; considering bagging one as a thrower to beat into a turnover putter also. The rest is beat N Envy, light P Envy, max weight SN Envy, Vibram Summit. Most of the time though I carry a small bag so its just Atom, N Envy, S Envy.

I use the beat N Envy as a laserbeam and upshot disc. The P Envy I use for short skip shots and on similar lines as the N when I carry it instead of the N in the small bag. The SN Envy I use as a beefier envy; I especially like it for hyzer spikes as it tends to stop faster than my N or P.

I started with an Ion, but didn't like how deep it was, found a used P Envy of undetermined weight and bought it and immediately fell in love. I decided I wanted a soft, and wanted to try a lighter weight, switched to it a couple months ago and my putting fell apart. I'm back to the heavier P Envy again and making my 30' putts again. (sometimes)

I don't know

I've used the ion the last couple of years but the electron plastic is brutally good.

^^ :clap:
Still using ions for putting duties. E soft, puddle-topped disc of nothing but pure awesomeness. I carry it's twin as a backup/upshot disc. For driving and long approaches though, I absolutely love my envys. I've got a watermelon and soft N in the bag. The soft has lost most of its overstability and is now one of the most workable discs in the bag. Love it.

My putter setup is kind of a mess right now due to the recent releases. Ive been putting the soft Atom and liking it, but there's a trade off I'm seeing compared to soft P ions/anodes that I've been putting with for like 3 yrs. the Atom floats better, so it's improved my accuracy from my trouble distance of 30-40 feet, but it is also not quite as good in a breeze as a result. I think the feel is too different to consider rotating comfortably based on conditions.

I'm really liking the firm atom for driving, but I have also had great results with the Proxy. Torn on those two. Kind of holding off on deciding until I see how US the Atom beats in, and how fast. If it beats to truly US, esp losing fade, then it comes down to how fast it does it whether I cycle a new one and beat one, or keep the Proxy for the laser.

Envy's in regardless, just a question of which ones/how many are staples. Proxy/Atom more or less eliminates the need for a beat one, so I could see just a soft or P one staying in?

Just not sure, too much new win in the lineup right now...#1stworldproblems!

I love new releases, and MVP is cranking out some SWEET stuff right now. But I've never understood the whole "putter dilemma" thing. My putter is the Ion. Period. Nothing will take it's place. I may be considering adding or replacing the plastic (N for Plasma), but the mold is forever locked in my bag.

Once you have your putter, you can toy with adding complements. Atom for anny approaches. Proto for hyzers. Soft Envy for the cold. Stuff like that. Toro, maybe you could keep your core Anodes and add an Atom just for certain shots, for example.

I think the more we stick to our main putter, the better putters we'll actually be.

Status
Not open for further replies.