• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The volt is the best disc I carried that I loved but then I never threw. Well after they invented a 155 inertia anyways.

Time to swing it around and give it another solid go. Hooray for lighter weight Volts! I'm trying to lock down another 162 fission.. An inked and used, slight dome... hope I get it! Stay back wolfey I let you have your comet! Haha.

I don't want it that bad but $20 I'm in..

I played my last couple of rounds with an all MVP family bag to celebrate Conrad's big win and put my FR Volt and FR Proton Volt in there. Damn! They are nice discs!

I played my last couple of rounds with an all MVP family bag to celebrate Conrad's big win and put my FR Volt and FR Proton Volt in there. Damn! They are nice discs!

Damn I missed out on the protons are they as easy to turn as I'd hope?

Hey so I was googling the hex again.. And then I looked at the prototypes again.. The Cypher the wing is about medium (normal) height but the Rhythm is high up like a Crave.

I googled some more and found a flight path for the Cypher on Build your bag.com or something. 7 3 -3 2

I'm probably just starting a totally wild rumour but hey why not! I don't see a glide of 3 for a driver but with that wing shape I'd say less stable than a Relay.

I googled some more and found a flight path for the Cypher on Build your bag.com or something. 7 3 -3 2

Glideless and flippy? Guessing that's not the designed flight, but we shall see.

Didn't they already make that disc?... I think it's called an Inspire, right? lol

Seriously though, i can't believe the numbers they have listed for the Inspire. That thing was a turd.

Good to know, I've got a 1776 inspire that I was going to throw but haven't got around to.. I'll maybe toss it in a field first, I found a bunch of cosmic relays I'd forgot I had :D

Inspire was weird. It wanted to turn more than a Crave but also hooked up way harder once it slowed down. The 1776 run was the only one I really bagged. If you put it on anny it would hold, but on a hyzerflip it would turn and still want to finish left of center.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Good to know, I've got a 1776 inspire that I was going to throw but haven't got around to.. I'll maybe toss it in a field first, I found a bunch of cosmic relays I'd forgot I had :D

...uh, what? Maybe the first voyage of my new boat may have to be to Pender to pay ya a visit:D

Maybe we can find a trade to work out?!

...uh, what? Maybe the first voyage of my new boat may have to be to Pender to pay ya a visit:D

Maybe we can find a trade to work out?!

Ha nice! Yeah man I will have a look at what I've got. I was sitting here a couple months ago thinking damn I should order a cosmic relay to complement my stack, and then I was digging for something to play with and checked this box :D... I think I have a couple cosmics 157 and 159ish, I have a couple of stock 165's too.

Dumped my 169 cosmic, loved the flight but in the worst colours ever. Played with it one night and looked for it every time I threw it. Given the opportunity I will replace it with a easier to find one.

John at AR is stocked on stock relays right now too...

That reminds me... you haven't met my new dog Lobo yet... he's out of a Mexican rescue.. you're part of the reason he's the animal previously known as Wolfie that and I didn't want to yell Wolfie all the time in da bush.

Tell me more haha

mvp_uplink.jpg

Max Weight: 178.5gr
Diameter: 21.5cm
Height: 1.8cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.5%
Rim Configuration: 45.00
Flexibility: 7.27kg

----------------------------------------------

axiom_paradox.jpg

Max Weight: 178.0gr
Diameter: 21.5cm
Height: 1.8cm
Rim Depth: 1.3cm
Rim Thickness: 1.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.9cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.0%
Rim Configuration: 50.25
Flexibility: 7.05kg

Both appear to be in the old 13mm speed class...

axiom_paradox.jpg

mvp_uplink.jpg

Credit to TKW for pointing out these approvals... apparently well from the looks if the Hex is too stable these look like some low low rider PLH

Goddamn you BlackBerry!! No BrutalBrutus stupid B.B....

10:02:02 PM I mean L.T. inserts local time! Stupid bb

Last edited:
More prototypes down the pipe huh. Good lord. Of the six they teased earlier this year, the Hex is just now coming out. I know there's been a huge logjam with production, but damn, can we get the Beam, Rhythm, and Cypher already? Not to mention the Nomad.

I'm excited about the new mids though. Gotta be filling in the US slots. I'm hoping for something similar to a Comet.

axiom_paradox.jpg

mvp_uplink.jpg

Credit to TKW for pointing out these approvals... apparently well from the looks if the Hex is too stable these look like some low low rider PLH

Goddamn you BlackBerry!! No BrutalBrutus stupid B.B....

10:02:02 PM I mean L.T. inserts local time! Stupid bb

One of the advantages of being a semi-retired old fart is that I can sit around and hit refresh on PDGA Approved Discs 24/7 and occasionally get a scoop. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.