• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it would be nice if some of these would become available soon... they are as glacial with new releases as it takes for their discs to break in.. Maybe that's the plan.

Saw the video for the R2 plastic, I chuckled when they dropped the "plague" into the shredder.

So…I got an Envy because I needed a glow putter I liked the feel of and they have never run Swans in glow.

I put one in my regular bag because I liked the way it held straight so long and started using it for tunnel shots.

Then I started trying it on longer holes…260,280,300. It keeps reaching them.

Today… a 330ft hole with a slight Hyzer bend. Could it reach? Yes, absolutely parked.

Now I am questioning everything. Is there no hole it can't reach? If I buy a recycled one will it actively rescue sea turtles when not on the course getting me birdies?

So….

Now I am questioning everything. Is there no hole it can't reach? If I buy a recycled one will it actively rescue sea turtles when not on the course getting me birdies?

Yeah man those eclipse envy are nice, I'm anxious to get one 170g or less, 165 would be great! And an R2 recycled, I guess I will snag a spin because I want to check the plastic.. But I'd rather it was an Ohm. Or an Envy if Axiom does it.

Great idea to recycle, could get some interesting blends of firmness maybe?

...and now we have Oreo's readily available! Ish, soonday

Would anyone else like a more classic feeling putter like an Aviar or Omega, or is it just me? I love my MVP putters, but even the Anode and Ion are a little chunkier in the rim. I've been trying to find my putting putter for a while and keep gravitating to the more classic feel. Hoping the Nomad might be more in that JK Aviar realm, but who knows

R2 ION, interesting. I wonder how grippy it will be and what kind of colors they will have? If they mix both the soft and medium plastics together to make R2, that might be a good compromise between grip and firmness.

:popcorn:

I got to handle a Nomad back in early May when playing with Jim Conrad (James' Dad). The Nomad still has the MVP feel- super flat on top, low-ish profile. Reminded me more of a PA3 than an Aviar. Flight was stable putter flight. YMMV.

Well there ya go haha what would you compare it to flight wise? Numbers suggest Ohm

R2 ION, interesting. I wonder how grippy it will be and what kind of colors they will have? If they mix both the soft and medium plastics together to make R2, that might be a good compromise between grip and firmness.

:popcorn:

I'm hoping for that too...it would be nice to have a "premium" plastic without paying $15-17 each. Though we also don't know how durable it will be yet either

I started playing extremely late this season and didn't play in the winter at all. I haven't been up to date on the world of disc sports for 9-10 months. Has anything big happened with MVP?

I've been looking at the website but it seems like a lot to grasp. I'm very intrigued by the Ohm. It's listed as a 5 glide on a putter. Does anyone here enjoy that disc?

I've been looking at the website but it seems like a lot to grasp. I'm very intrigued by the Ohm. It's listed as a 5 glide on a putter. Does anyone here enjoy that disc?

I like the Ohm, solid putter.. Real good like a broken in Envy. It glides pretty well for neutron plastic. Holds some angles, I can touch forehand it well. I bag one beside two envy's.

The Pilot is similar but not as glidey and a little more available. I've been meaning to try a soft pilot if I trip over one but I'm holding out for an ohm.

I'm intrigued by what I see with the Nomad.. A solid black rim with an electron plate? Hmmmm this could be some technology at work.

I love the Ohm, I use it off the tee quite a bit. I'm not a big distance thrower but I can push the Ohm out to 225ish (other putters are 200ish for me) It holds a line well once you figure out your angles. It seems to require a bit more angle to hold a hyzer or annhyzer, mine seems to just want to go straight.

I've loved seeing stock stamp yellow/blue Envys go on auction for like $50 when I can go down to my local store and pick one up for $12.99...can't wait to see how much these commemorative ones go for :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.