• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've loved seeing stock stamp yellow/blue Envys go on auction for like $50 when I can go down to my local store and pick one up for $12.99...can't wait to see how much these commemorative ones go for :popcorn:

Went to my local shops and proxy's were still $12.99 all of the envies had been changed to 19.99 lol.

I've loved seeing stock stamp yellow/blue Envys go on auction for like $50 when I can go down to my local store and pick one up for $12.99...can't wait to see how much these commemorative ones go for :popcorn:

Well, regardless of price, since they aren't from Discmania maybe people who want one will actually be able to buy one.

I'm good on Envy's but if I can snag one I might get it and just hang onto it in hopes of maybe getting JC to sign it for me someday.

How is this different from any other MVP putter? Unless a joke just flew over my head...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Haha well I'm speculating but I've never seen an electron rim that's black... but upon some googling maybe it's normal for mvp... I see a bunch now.

I guess I'm wondering if its a premium rim on an electron disc.. I might have jumped the gun but I only throw envy in electron and I've seen soft e proxy's.

Haha yeah I want one, depending on what else they have in stock I might "dealer up" .... I thought about it for the hex but that was the only thing they had in stock I was interested in.. I was thinking minimum dealer order so I could get what I want and sell the rest :)

... I even checked my emails, I have a dealer access code still haha.

Last edited:
I put the Anode back in my bag too after giving the Challenger a shot. I sinked multiple long puts including a 35'-40' putt. I've decided the Anode and I are just meant to be.

It's funny, I love it as an upshot disc and for straight-understable needs, but it didn't click with me as a putter. Glad you found it back and it works well for you! But I think it's the curved edge on the inside that doesn't work with my putting style

Haha well I'm speculating but I've never seen an electron rim that's black... but upon some googling maybe it's normal for mvp... I see a bunch now.

I guess I'm wondering if its a premium rim on an electron disc.. I might have jumped the gun but I only throw envy in electron and I've seen soft e proxy's.

Haha yeah I want one, depending on what else they have in stock I might "dealer up" .... I thought about it for the hex but that was the only thing they had in stock I was interested in.. I was thinking minimum dealer order so I could get what I want and sell the rest :)

... I even checked my emails, I have a dealer access code still haha.
All MVP discs have a black rim except discs in the Eclipse Proton plastic which is white and glows. The rims are the same on the electron and premium plastics.

Axiom Discs, a sister company to MVP, has the colored rims on all their discs. The same thing applies as I previously mentioned…the rims are the same on all plastics. The only odd ball thing to that is Axiom made a few molds that they called Prism that have Proton (clear) rims instead of the regular rims.

It's funny, I love it as an upshot disc and for straight-understable needs, but it didn't click with me as a putter. Glad you found it back and it works well for you! But I think it's the curved edge on the inside that doesn't work with my putting style

The Anode really does feel unique.

All MVP discs have a black rim except discs in the Eclipse Proton plastic which is white and glows. The rims are the same on the electron and premium plastics.

Axiom Discs, a sister company to MVP, has the colored rims on all their discs. The same thing applies as I previously mentioned…the rims are the same on all plastics. The only odd ball thing to that is Axiom made a few molds that they called Prism that have Proton (clear) rims instead of the regular rims.

That's not entirely true, but it is mostly true.

Every now and then, MVP does break the black rim rule. For example, a few years ago for the PDGA membership bonus, you could white rimmed Inertias or Waves in Neutron plastic.

And the new R2 plastic, thus far, is also white rimmed.

Every now and then, MVP does break the black rim rule. For example, a few years ago for the PDGA membership bonus, you could white rimmed Inertias or Waves in Neutron plastic.

Hey thanks... any comment on whether the rim plastic is the same on an electron ion as it is on a neutron?

I've kinda gone away from MVP putters to the Envy and the electron envy definitely has a softer rim than a neutron/ plasma etc..

Any extra Intel on the Hex?

Hey thanks... any comment on whether the rim plastic is the same on an electron ion as it is on a neutron?

I've kinda gone away from MVP putters to the Envy and the electron envy definitely has a softer rim than a neutron/ plasma etc..

Any extra Intel on the Hex?

Infinite had some Hex, Hexes? Last night, I went online to buy one this morning and they were gone. They were all blanks with black rims so I wonder if it was a typo?

Infinite had some Hex, Hexes? Last night, I went online to buy one this morning and they were gone. They were all blanks with black rims so I wonder if it was a typo?

Could be a pre post for anticipated stock, KW's and a bunch of other retailers are doing the same thing, kind of a Google place holder so people know they will have them

No worries I've signed up for some email alerts when some dealers up here get stock. I'll snag one somehow or 3. :)

Honestly it's not a slot I lean on as much as I used to.. I'm pretty hopeful it's the key to finally getting a solid all gyro bag... though really it's not like I'm about to get sponsored or something.

Aren't you glad you jumped back on the Envy soon enough that you aren't part of the bandwagon buying up all my spares :D

Could be a pre post for anticipated stock, KW's and a bunch of other retailers are doing the same thing, kind of a Google place holder so people know they will have them

No worries I've signed up for some email alerts when some dealers up here get stock. I'll snag one somehow or 3. :)

Honestly it's not a slot I lean on as much as I used to.. I'm pretty hopeful it's the key to finally getting a solid all gyro bag... though really it's not like I'm about to get sponsored or something.

Aren't you glad you jumped back on the Envy soon enough that you aren't part of the bandwagon buying up all my spares :D

Yeah, I was lucky there I had an old neutron soft that looks a little hellish at this stage but throws great. Then after I bought that glow one I picked up two electron soft ones. Between those I should be good until the hype machine dies down.

Hope you snag a few, I'm interested but do t really anticipate bagging one. Like you said. It's not really a slot I bag all the time either but it's always fun to try new things.

Yeah, I was lucky there I had an old neutron soft that looks a little hellish at this stage but throws great. Then after I bought that glow one I picked up two electron soft ones. Between those I should be good until the hype machine dies down.

Hope you snag a few, I'm interested but do t really anticipate bagging one. Like you said. It's not really a slot I bag all the time either but it's always fun to try new things.

I know you bag Swans and Envy.. What's your next step up? I'd imagine the swans cover a lot of anny lines. Do you just hop straight to a Relay?

The SE Teslas also.

That was a sweet stamp... Where is old Zam at anyway...

OIP.EnT_gpz59tURdOFr8augMAHaHa

I know you bag Swans and Envy.. What's your next step up? I'd imagine the swans cover a lot of anny lines. Do you just hop straight to a Relay?

They do cover a lot, but the Swans turn so much that I don't try to push them much past 200. I'm not even really sure how far I could throw one.

After the putters I carry a couple of M1/Justice, M1 doesn't really go much longer than the Envy but I can get some different shot shapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts