• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threw a cosmic neutron envy yesterday that I forgot I won in an auction, didn't notice how discolored the top was in the pic haha. Forgot how slick these things are. I swear my old Halloween one isn't that slick. Might get a run through the dishwasher oh well $20. I'"l have one to give away :D

Alsopicked up an electron glow envy, it's in the mail. Happy to score that and miss the electron box, I was tempted just for the envy. Probably bag it for the wall. Want to throw it but I'm still breaking in some fresh soft electrons.

Threw my new Wraths yesterday. Worthy Thunderbird replacement.

Can confirm that the purple ones know their way to the basket. And that they will hold a forehand angle if you're not shy about telling the disc what you want. Very bright spot in an otherwise frustrating day.

Threw my new Wraths yesterday. Worthy Thunderbird replacement.
Loving mine, wasn't sure it would fit in with my Plasma Tesla. But it's less OS. Almost lost it in a marsh yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Got a tourney, packing this...

picture.php

Need a Flare or a Motion in there and your set.(plasma could be a motion I can't read it.)

Haha.. Nope bag of waves 155,162 plaz, se fizz 148 and teslas 155 and 162 (beef).

Tesla 155 slated for workhorse. Hex will be doing os bh and straight FH. I might grab a backup tesla.

Haha.. Nope bag of waves 155,162 plaz, se fizz 148 and teslas 155 and 162 (beef).

Tesla 155 slated for workhorse. Hex will be doing os bh and straight FH. I might grab a backup tesla.

Hex…OS. I don't understand

Hex…OS. I don't understand

Haha you wouldn't... I had to move my practice teepad up 50' for my drives.. There's an instant and defined measurement of where I'm at this year haha.

We rarely get wind, it seems like it died down for today. Hex is more (beefy envy) stable straight role/mildly os but it's a FH straight flying machine for me. I don't have a need for the flare but that's on my "if I trip over a light one list" . I can usually do stable with a light tesla even at mid distance.

You did make me wonder about taking a 3rd tesla though, you're right, there is an OS hole in that bag for my BH. Thanks for pointing it out.

I hate to say it but the 158 se cosmic insanity it the "beef" BH driver. 163 fission tesla is the most stable and the prime FH driver. I did look at the mayhem and force...

...and I laughed :D and laughed..

Last edited:
Need a Flare or a Motion in there and your set.(plasma could be a motion I can't read it.)

Right so last time I played the bolf course it was gale force winds and miserable, started off as a nice day. Then the wind and hail and miserable. As I stepped up to the first tee it was a downhill FH . I pulled out my heavy fission tesla and proceeded to turn it over a little. Ended up throwing it for the first few holes and instantly thought of Moose.. Haha. I should have bagged something more ridiculously OS, that wind was no joke!

Luckily it let up and turned back into a nice day. Found some OB and they shortened the teepad for us MA40's on the most fun hole ever, instead of top of the hill it was at the bottom, I felt thoroughly ripped off. Haha +2 bolf course, -2 reg course. So dead even at par.

Took a relay, I should have pulled it out sooner. 155 Relay and 155 fission tesla make excellent complements.

The fresh e soft envy slipped through the chains for a 4 and tried 3 more times but stuck. After a few good pre tourney days the prime driver hopes for the 155 plasma wave were misplaced. Both fission teslas did a lot of work.

Sneaky underrated Streamline facet is how well that stamp reflects sunlight making them cake to find on the ground. I'm betting that blue one will absolutely pop.

Yes, I'm looking forward to test driving it. The blue one looks even better in person.

The Flare that I have was probably one of the most overstable discs I had thrown. It has only recently been unseated by something beefier.

The Flare was definitely a utility disc for a predominantly backhand noodle arm guy like me but I preferred it in that role over a Fireball.

Hey on the overstable note... I did well with the tesla today. I don't like pushing discs over 163/5g... if I want something with some reasonable glide and a bit more wind resistance, is that wrath country? I can get 163 wraths but I'd kind of like something 157ish.

It kind of looks like the wrath or one of those freak 155 defy's. I like the idea of max glide but a good stability. The wind handed it to me again.

... if I want something with some reasonable glide and a bit more wind resistance, is that wrath country? I can get 163 wraths but I'd kind of like something 157ish.

They definitely exist. I have a sparkly blue/orange rimmed proton wrath that, I believe, is 157-158. Awesome disc.

Just placed an order for another Defy at 162. The current one's heavier but starting to dial in as a FH driver. That part of the game is starting to come into better focus this year: Entropy and Runway on approach, Wrath and Defy on drives.

Less glamorous, but I'm occasionally reminded of just how useful the Reactor is. Really responsive to input but never too unpredictable in its response. Hit the band from the short tee on East Roswell number 2 on Friday. I would typically take that one on a mild anhyzer (same disc) but the slightly wider hyzer line looked like a good option. And it was.

Just placed an order for another Defy at 162. The current one's heavier but starting to dial in as a FH driver. That part of the game is starting to come into better focus this year: Entropy and Runway on approach, Wrath and Defy on drives.

Less glamorous, but I'm occasionally reminded of just how useful the Reactor is. Really responsive to input but never too unpredictable in its response. Hit the band from the short tee on East Roswell number 2 on Friday. I would typically take that one on a mild anhyzer (same disc) but the slightly wider hyzer line looked like a good option. And it was.
Just wait till you throw a Fission Reactor

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

So I think the tesla isn't headwind resistant enough.. I'm still going to fill my bag with em though. As long as the wind is moderate I'm alright. I don't get enough wind and open courses in regular play to dial it in so I didn't expect my tesla to flip.

I am going to start packing the 168 entropy.

So you folks who play gyro and shy away from full weight what's my best bet? I'm barely at 300' clocked a bunch at 280' in the tourney... I'd like something a little flat/thumber friendly. I need more headwind resistance than a 163 fission tesla.

Should I get a light beefy disc? Looking at a 158-162 wrath or defy... start throwing a heavy volt or relay? Slow speed or max distance? 165g is kind of my max weight but I can make a heavy relay work alright..

The old fella (20yrs my senior) I played with was throwing a shryke I think, nice clean 250 ish and he made no mistakes and beat me by 7 strokes. He used the turn and fade beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts