• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you throw Flare "flare skips" ?

Or do you "Need more flair?" From time to time.

The public wants to know...

You can throw "flare skips" with the Flare, with plenty of flair.

Or you can throw it on a higher line if you don't want as much flare from the Flare. If done right it should still have a good amount of flair though.

I throw it a ton though no joke. If a holes is in between 280-400 there is a good chance a Flare will be thrown as long as the shot doesn't need to end left.(or 250-300 backhand and it needs to end VERY left.) $$ on FH rollers as well.

How do the Flare beat in, if at all?

Very slowly. They lose a little bit of HSS once they are thrashed. Never had one beat into the point where it was anywhere in the realm of flippy though

Just proving that all decisions are temporary, disc golf is cyclical, and resistance is futile...

I snagged some Fission Photons and Cosmic Neutron Waves, in the hope of once again trying to shrink the gap between "normal" Photons and Waves. Last time I tried this I gave up on gyro drivers entirely, eventually settling for a couple years on a Trespass cycle. The problem is that I throw Waves better than any other distance driver, and Waves obliterate the cycle since they sit right in the middle stability rather than on a bookend. So alas, in 2022 I have decided to again try the gyro route for drivers with the Wave as my anchor point. Lineup under consideration:

Cosmic Neutron Photon
Fizz Photon and/or CN Wave
Fizz Wave
Renegade (until I can get my hands on a domey Plasma Vanish)

I also have a max weight PDx for serious beef, which only gets put in the bag on the windiest of days (apx. 5% of my rounds). Since I use it so rarely, I don't feel the need to snag a Thrill or Phase as a replacement OS bookend just yet.

How do the photons hold up in the wind? All the ones I have are 155fission or less.. Kinda wondering about snagging a 160-166 cosmic neutron.. I know I will hate throwing a fireball...

The missing disc between a wave and photon is a tesla if you forgive the smaller rim.

Are the cosmic photons as nasty os as every other cosmic I've handled recently? Does anyoneknow if it's a fresh retuned run? Or stock from a few months back?

CN Photons vary in HSS somewhat. Most at max weight are pretty workable and perform okay in moderate winds for me. (450' power) The most OS CN I have is a matched set of 168 very flat, high PL guys. They will take almost anything I can put on them in all but the strongest wind. Curious if some of you Wave throwers (I'm not) have tried a CN Trace for the slot between Photons and Waves?
My HS driver lineup is:
164 N Thrill
168 CN Photon
172 CN Photon
175 CN Trace
173 N Trace (of Spades, old run)
173 Proton Vanish

Depending on course/conditions there are 2 N Photons that might go in.

Curious if some of you Wave throwers (I'm not) have tried a CN Trace for the slot between Photons and Waves?

So my speed 11 is kind of a "control distance" between my speed 9 and speed 12. I don't really carry a lot of drivers above speed 9 but they are there when I need them.

That said I have three traces and bag 2/3. One is a 171 CN and the other is a 169 plasma. The third is a new plasma I'm keeping fresh. The 169 is beat in and has a moderate turn. The CN has no turn and a predictable fade. In my opinion they are closer to the photon than the wave but theoretically you could use waves and photons and not need the trace. I much prefer the trace feel in the hand so that's why I use them over the other two

Mornin folks!

New releases:
Jet 11 5 -3 2 from streamline
Fission octane which is going to be available as low as 155g
Fission Crave

Lot's of nice restocks coming: Envy (CN, N, CE,P), Atom, Ion, Anode, Pilots (all plastics), INsanity, Inertia, etc. looks like a really big and needed restock.

Picked up a Proton Pilot on a whim over the weekend. Dark tealish blue with sparkles. Flight reminds me of the P2's I used to throw but a much better hand feel. Takes power well, goes super straight but has a dependable, mild finish. Pretty true to the numbers I would say. I was throwing it alongside my electron Envy (which is a little seasoned) and it definitely has more glide and carries more distance consistently and has more of a finish than my Envy.

While it is an excellent throwing putter, I don't know if it will challenge the Envy because I use the Envy for dead straight shots with pretty much no fade and this Pilot always seems to have a little finish left at the end of the flight.

Temping to grab one in electron and see how it stacks up against the electron Envy.

Mornin folks!

New releases:
Jet 11 5 -3 2 from streamline
Fission octane which is going to be available as low as 155g
Fission Crave

Thanks for the update, Throwa. Jet sounds interesting, I just wish Streamline offered discs in the 150s (more often? ever?).

Trace would also sound interesting, if it was available at paper plate weights.

I was throwing it alongside my electron Envy (which is a little seasoned) and it definitely has more glide and carries more distance consistently and has more of a finish than my Envy.

I noticed this with the pilot and also with the nomad. Those 2 5 X X discs can really get some good distance behind them. I stuck with the envy rotation because it's easier, at least for me, to range them in. The glidey-ness of the pilot and Nomad made certain conditions more precarious for me.

Picked up a Proton Pilot on a whim over the weekend. Dark tealish blue with sparkles. Flight reminds me of the P2's I used to throw but a much better hand feel. Takes power well, goes super straight but has a dependable, mild finish. Pretty true to the numbers I would say. I was throwing it alongside my electron Envy (which is a little seasoned) and it definitely has more glide and carries more distance consistently and has more of a finish than my Envy.

While it is an excellent throwing putter, I don't know if it will challenge the Envy because I use the Envy for dead straight shots with pretty much no fade and this Pilot always seems to have a little finish left at the end of the flight.

Temping to grab one in electron and see how it stacks up against the electron Envy.

It's an Ohm without the gyro, in case you didn't know. I actually grabbed one in proton when I couldn't find another Ohm but don't think it glides quite as well.

Thanks for the update, Throwa. Jet sounds interesting, I just wish Streamline offered discs in the 150s (more often? ever?).

Trace would also sound interesting, if it was available at paper plate weights.

I'm also curious about the Jet. The only reason I don't currently bag a Vanish is because I haven't come across one with any dome in a while, and I prefer domey discs in my understable slot. I'd need to get my hands on a Jet before purchasing, but the numbers are appealing at first glance. I'm currently bagging a Renegade but am not fan of relying on OOP molds, thus my willingness to convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.