• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true! The rims on the electron discs are much softer and beat in much faster! If I recall correctly, Steve Hollaway answered that in a SoonDay and also said that the premium rims would not stick to the electron cores in a satisfying way.
This is correct. Electron and neutron/proton/plasma are in different polymer families and do not bond with one another. Electron discs have a rim made from something in the same polymer family.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So speaking of white rims... scored a 155 pdga wave on FB. How thematic.

Is there a FBDGAA support/help group? It's like crack I gotta couple guys to beat out all the time, there's one dude, JC good guy but he's my BIN nemesis. :D

I started throwing my 159 cosmic relay, it's almost servo country. I can't get much turn out of it, it just straight lasers to fade. Be interesting to see how it breaks in but with my current stock of neutrons I may just start buying cosmics for the cycle. I've been hunting a FH ace with it last 3 nights in a row.

Hey thanks... any comment on whether the rim plastic is the same on an electron ion as it is on a neutron?

I actually don't know, myself. I would imagine there is some difference, just based on how the rim and flight plate plastics bond and what is required to make that happen, but that is just supposition and not actual knowledge.

Any extra Intel on the Hex?

I'm not sure what you mean by extra intel - I'm in a bit of the media promoting the Hex and I can honestly say it went right in the bag after about four practice throws with it. The shot I'm speaking of in the Team MVP thoughts commercial, the one I'm throwing and speaking to, was in a massive tailwind in Emporia, KS the weekend of the Dynamic Discs Open and I was easily getting 300 feet on a full power turnover forehand. It hyzerflips nicely on a forehand for me, and is more of the more shapeable mids I've played with for touch and finesse shots.

This weekend at the Des Moines Challenge on hole 14, I was at the bottom of the landing zone just past the creek, stuck a bit in a trees on the left. My only real shot was to stretch out to my right and throw an uphill anhyzer approach with a forehand that had to fly between the rising hill and the low canopy. I did with the Hex, parked it about 15 feet from the pin, and made par.

I'm definitely a fan.

Was at the local shop today and every time I'm there I always feel up the couple reactors in stock. Flight wise what are they comparable to?

Digging them because the rim feels a bit more like a driver in a FH grip. Nice and flat too with no bead.

I actually don't know, myself. I would imagine there is some difference, just based on how the rim and flight plate plastics bond and what is required to make that happen, but that is just supposition and not actual knowledge.

I'm not sure what you mean by extra intel - I'm in a bit of the media promoting the Hex and I can honestly say it went right in the bag after about four practice throws with it. The shot I'm speaking of in the Team MVP thoughts commercial, the one I'm throwing and speaking to, was in a massive tailwind in Emporia, KS the weekend of the Dynamic Discs Open and I was easily getting 300 feet on a full power turnover forehand. It hyzerflips nicely on a forehand for me, and is more of the more shapeable mids I've played with for touch and finesse shots.

This weekend at the Des Moines Challenge on hole 14, I was at the bottom of the landing zone just past the creek, stuck a bit in a trees on the left. My only real shot was to stretch out to my right and throw an uphill anhyzer approach with a forehand that had to fly between the rising hill and the low canopy. I did with the Hex, parked it about 15 feet from the pin, and made par.

I'm definitely a fan.

whats the difference in the hex and a plaz theory

whats the difference in the hex and a plaz theory

In my experience, the Hex is more stable than a Theory. Thrown with identical power, I would expect the Theory to turn more and fade less, and the Hex to have a more neutral flight.

It's also easier to grip on a forehand, the depth of the rim is not as tall - for my hand, much more comfortable on the backhand grip as well.

Was at the local shop today and every time I'm there I always feel up the couple reactors in stock. Flight wise what are they comparable to?

Digging them because the rim feels a bit more like a driver in a FH grip. Nice and flat too with no bead.

I havent thrown a lot of the other manufacturers disc in this slot to compare it to as i found Wasps pretty early on and had a cycle of them going but that what it reminds me of. Reactor has a half a point of turn off the shelf and a tad less fade but more or less flies like a lightly beat in Wasp.

Last edited:
Maybe if you get a beefy Buzzz. Imo, the Reactor fits almost directly in between a Buzz and Wasp.

Wasp 0 2
Reactor -.5 1.5
Buzzz -1 1

More or less depending on plastic type of course.

I've been bagging an eclipse reactor most of this year, it kicked the buzzz out of my bag. I've actually been trying to beat a d line quake into my neutral mid slot but haven't gotten one there just yet.

That said, the reactor is an awesome FH mid. Board flat and the rim just works for FH. Activated the gyro a bit too much the other day and overshot a 250' approach by about 50' on a lazer.

Still want to beat a quake into that slot because I dig quakes and mold minimizing and such but the reactor has been a nice surprise.

I also made the mistake of trying an ohm and it's threatening to jack with my putter lineup. First world problems....

I also made the mistake of trying an ohm and it's threatening to jack with my putter lineup. First world problems....

Hahaha ha ha....... I did the same thing.

My first and most beat one that I "tuned" is getting a little flippy.. My alternate ohm is still very stable but losing fade rather than HSS. Best "one disc" putter I own.

I keep trying the soft electron envy against it, but something about it's just not right, besides the hand feel. Actually it's just the least turn resistant. Ahem.. or OAT resistant :D

Reactor is sneaky far.

Picked up a Reactor recently on a whim because it felt oh so comfortable in the hand. Thought maybe it could compete with the Buzzz for a spot in my bag but as good as it felt I just didn't click with it and stuck with the Buzzz. Seems to be an excellent mid option but just wasn't my cup of tea for whatever reason.

Maybe if you get a beefy Buzzz. Imo, the Reactor fits almost directly in between a Buzz and Wasp.

Wasp 0 2
Reactor -.5 1.5
Buzzz -1 1

More or less depending on plastic type of course.

I loved Buzzzes and still do, but the newer runs are getting much beefier. The Hex is exactly why I fell in love with the Buzzz and I can't say enough good things about it.

I loved Buzzzes and still do, but the newer runs are getting much beefier. The Hex is exactly why I fell in love with the Buzzz and I can't say enough good things about it.

I actually like the latest Buzzz runs being on the more over stable side. My midrange lineup is now basically two zones (fresh and seasoned) and then three Buzzz's (fresh and stable, straight, understable).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts