• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

riverboy said:
Anybody have one of their Ions suddenly lose glide? All of a sudden my favorite green one is now a glide-less POS. I have no idea how it happened, but maybe it got tuned by accident. I don't believe it to be just me, because all my other Ions are fine.

I don't for the life of me see how this is possible. I have a bunch of Ions and I've played many rounds carrying like 8 and throwing them all for practice. Some days a certain disc would always be best and I would put that one in the bag. The thing is, it was different on different days. If you don't impart spin cleanly on a Ion, it does not fly the same. I suspect you just had a bad day, or some unusual form. Throw it some more and report back.

Hello everyone!

I am extremely excited to announce... that we have officially ran our first run of Medium Ions!

All I have to say is that these Mediums are absolutely astounding! I can assure that these babies are going to go along great with our softs. If you prefer a stiffer putter for your shot, this is precisely what you are going to love, they are the perfect rigidity. All of them are a light smooth blue color, and of course with our unique grippy black rubber overmold! and were weighing around 170-175.

Pic:
wrcmfq.jpg

I took two of them out to do some quick testing. They are amazing, simply put. I generally prefer a stiffer putter for my putting style and wow... these are perfect! Driving with them was purely beautiful. They are hold VERY tight straight lines. Initial impression: Spectacular!

These first run Mediums are in the process of heading out to some of our retailers now! So keep your eyes open!

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding anything, or if you want to see some more pics of the Mediums.

Thanks,
~Chad

They look very tasty...too bad I don't eat plastic. I'll HAVE to get some to throw instead.

Worm 28 said:
These first run Mediums are in the process of heading out to some of our retailers now! So keep your eyes open!

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding anything, or if you want to see some more pics of the Mediums.

Thanks,
~Chad

As in already in transit? Did they go out to all of the retailers or just some of them? <---If that's the case can you tell us which ones?

I was fondling a soft ion all day at work today and then I saw on here there are going to be mediums so I really need to know where the mediums are going to be first cause I want one!

Unity said:
If that's the case can you tell us which ones?

Gotta Go Gotta Throw

Marshall Street

Disc Golf Center

Sun King Discs

Land Shark Sports

Ebay

EDIT: Clearwater Disc Golf Store

BCR-9er said:
Unity said:
If that's the case can you tell us which ones?

Gotta Go Gotta Throw

Marshall Street

Disc Golf Center

Sun King Discs

Land Shark Sports

Ebay

I'm really tempted by Ebay, but I'm going to try to hold out until one of the retailers has them listed.

On their way! Woot! Be on the look out! Ill make sure to have them up and ready for order the day I get them in!

Sweet, I just checked my email and I have some of these new mediums on the way shortly for testing! Evidently this new small run have molded up flat like the softs rather than having a slightly higher shoulder like the protos I have. I think this will make them more stable than my protos. However they fly, I'm excited to get them and find out, and to have some more putters to practice with!

The free discs keep coming in! First I won an S-TD from Discmania, now Powergrip informed me that they're adding the ION to their selection and that it's because of me, so I'm getting a free ION to boot. =)

xeroxed44 said:
Anyone know does any of those sites above have the mediums in yet for ordering?
We started shipping them out a few days ago, and would imagine they will be getting them soon, and posting them up on their sites not too long after receiving them :D

jubuttib said:
The free discs keep coming in! First I won an S-TD from Discmania, now Powergrip informed me that they're adding the ION to their selection and that it's because of me, so I'm getting a free ION to boot. =)
Sweet! We were more than excited to be getting the Ion out there your way. Looking forward to hearing how you like the Ion :)

Hey Chad,

Could you please post a picture of the dome on the mediums. Are they flat to slightly sunken like the softs or are they going to be domier?

I can't wait for the mediums. I'm going to go pick one up from gotta go gotta throw as soon as they get them in.

discspeed said:
Sweet, I just checked my email and I have some of these new mediums on the way shortly for testing! Evidently this new small run have molded up flat like the softs rather than having a slightly higher shoulder like the protos I have. I think this will make them more stable than my protos. However they fly, I'm excited to get them and find out, and to have some more putters to practice with!

Waddly Hobbins said:
Hey Chad,

Could you please post a picture of the dome on the mediums. Are they flat to slightly sunken like the softs or are they going to be domier?

I can't wait for the mediums. I'm going to go pick one up from gotta go gotta throw as soon as they get them in.
Most of them were turning out very flat just like the softs. I can get you a pic tomorrow if you would like. Ill try to get a side by side of a Soft and Medium.

Latest posts