• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Roy said:
Does the black one have a black stamp? That's awesome!

Can we expect other stamp colors in the future? I think chrome colored stamps are always pimp.

You bet! the black rim on the black Ion with a black stamp looks very cool, almost stealth-like. We have not decided on other colored foils as we think with the black overmold and black stamp it really blends very nicely. However, thats not a set in stone decision.

~Chad

what'shisname said:
discspeed said:
ForeverBlue232 said:
discspeed said:
My most consistent golfing partner is my 7 month old daughter, and I'm pretty sure all she can do with a camera is drool on it.

Where you you put her? You know, since you put your other babies (your discs) in the stroller.... 8)

I have another jogging stroller and she rides shotgun and I hang my bag off the handle. It works just as well as my DG stroller (and it has better brakes...I don't want to feed the gators :wink: ).

Man, those were the days. Once my daughter started walking she wasn't as keen on sitting in a stroller for a round. Now with 2 girls under 4, no way do I even try and take them on the course. I took them both to the field to do some field work the other day and it worked alright for a bit, the oldest would practice her fh shot and the youngest was happy handing me discs out of my bag. Only lasted for about 15 min. though before decent among the ranks set in.

I spend a lot of time trying throw discs while in the company of 2-to-5 year olds. A game that they almost universally love is to race you to pick up discs. It's mostly walking toward discs and saying "I wonder if you can pick that one up before I get there." Rinse and repeat.

discspeed said:
josser said:
discspeed said:
Anyone else tear it up FH with their Ion? I get more comments like "I've never seen anyone flick a putter like that" with the Ion than anything else. I was playing with a FH dominant player today who had some skillz, and he was commenting on my FH approaches. If you didn't see my release, you'd think I was left handed because my FH approaches with my Ion look exactly the same as my BH. I've also put at least a dozen in from outside 50' FH with my Ions this year.

Hey discspeed, do you ever take any video? I've been working on my FH approaches with the help of some ultimate videos since there aren't a lot of FH approach videos kicking around. Would love to see some video of a person who golfs a lot (you!) and use FH approach very comfortably.

My most consistent golfing partner is my 7 month old daughter, and I'm pretty sure all she can do with a camera is drool on it. I might be able to talk Scott from CDGS into coming out with me this week and doing some camera work since I know he's got a nice camera and likes to do that kind of stuff.

That would be sweet!

Wait, what? What kind of technologically backward children are you raising that can't properly operate a video camera at 7 months? Aren't they supposed to be able to use Blackberrys by about 3 months? :D

discspeed said:
My most consistent golfing partner is my 7 month old daughter, and I'm pretty sure all she can do with a camera is drool on it. I might be able to talk Scott from CDGS into coming out with me this week and doing some camera work since I know he's got a nice camera and likes to do that kind of stuff.

BTW, those new stamped Ions look great!!! I can't wait to get my hands on a couple...

That's awesome! my 18 month old loves coming for a round in his stroller!

I love my new ION! can't wait to pick up a couple more.

Just received my stamped ions today. still wondering which ones I want to keep. I could keep ALL of them but.. I'm sure some of my buddies would like a couple. Just wanted to say thanks again to Chad and MVP Disc Sports for putting the contest on. Also, for all of you who got on PDGA to vote. I think the stamp came out great.

-Mike Inscho

Hey Chad, are you gonna run some lighter weigths again soon? Stamped soft ones <170 would be sweet, love my proto 165 for anhyzer approaches, gettin out of trouble and jump putts, while my medium 174s are perfect for drives, hyzers and straight shots. 170 mediums might just be the perfect minimalistic compromise...

Wyno said:
Hey Chad, are you gonna run some lighter weigths again soon? Stamped soft ones <170 would be sweet, love my proto 165 for anhyzer approaches, gettin out of trouble and jump putts, while my medium 174s are perfect for drives, hyzers and straight shots. 170 mediums might just be the perfect minimalistic compromise...

We want to see if we can get a few runs of lighter ones in sometime. We are a little busy working on a few other projects holding us off from lighter runs. So, hopefully yes, but cant put a date on when. I know there are several mediums around that touched 171-172, just may be a lil hard to find for the moment.

~Chad

Wyno said:

I use my 166g protos for drives, hyzers, anhyzers, and straight down the middle shots, you should give them another try. My proto's are surprisingly hss stable on drives, I'm sure my form isn't that great. Parked a 259' hole today with my proto on a straight shot, and it was pretty windy too!

8c52c120.jpg

My protos were surprisingly stable when they had the huge flashing. Then I cut it off and now they give me that late turn I wanted out of them.

jubuttib said:
My protos were surprisingly stable when they had the huge flashing. Then I cut it off and now they give me that late turn I wanted out of them.

Yeah, that's prob true, although mine has seen a hell of alot of use in the last 2 weeks. Perhaps my form is getting better :lol: I really like throwing long shallow anhyzers and hyzers with my Ion. I've been slowing down my form and concentrating on getting my weight forward and follow-through, it doesn't take a hell of alot of power to get these going far, so you can work on stuff and get a pretty good throw too.

I would jump all over a lighter ion. I have a 172 med, 174 med, 174 soft. Before I realized I could use just 1 putter for everything as successfully as I have been my 172 I would carry 2-5 putters, a couple of them were always 165-168. Long putts carry better, drives don't fade as soon (ions rarely fade too soon anyway). . . I would want one, I am a disc junky.

Yeah, I bought my wife a pink medium @ 172...She doesn't play much so I took it out to the course and I love the way it flies...Definitely goes farther than my heavies...

On another note, here's a shot of my newest Ions:
71519_1218785406862_1745723576_413490_1736419_n.jpg

They are simply beautiful and are going straight in the bag.

jubuttib said:
Those are GORGEOUS! I want the light blue one.

I really like the milky ones...I've got a milky white, milky orange, and now milky blue. I find them slightly flatter and less overstable than the clearer mediums. I also like the Ferrari red ones, and those are what I put with.

Hit a 260 ion foot ace today. Just a slight anny around the tree in the dead center of the fairway. If you stand in the middle of the pad, it eclipses the basket.

Usually, I throw to the right of it, but today, since it was my first day having an ion, I didn't.

Just ordered two more IONs, a soft and a medium blue. The stamped ones haven't reached Finland yet and I couldn't wait.

This thread finally convinced me to try an ion :) Picked up a 174 Medium in milky light pink at PIAS today. Never used a premium plastic putter before, but it feels nice (I use m wizards now), so I'll see how it goes this weekend.

I think i may not have emphasized enough how badly i've treated any putter when going for max putter D not just the Ion. Only few putters thrive at the speeds and probable lack of spin that i create by turning my back away from the target 180 degree reach back away from the target or even more at times. Then really ripping as fast as i can from varying starting point with the arm. Including way early :) So how far back do you guys reach back and where do you slam on the gas in the arm pull and how far do you throw? I'm sure if i used approach form alone and not whacked from the left pec or center chest things would flip a lot less. And IIRC discspeed mentioned somewhere he uses 15 degree initial hyzer on hard throws to flip to flat. That is more than i like and incidentally close or exactly what i need when throwing the hardest to flip to flat.