• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

I think MVP should donate a medium Ion to me for all the hard pimping of these discs I've been doing over at DGCR. And as we all know, pimpin' ain't easy.

My buddy picked up an Ion last week and let me try it today and it sure was a crazy feeling disc almost toy like. I really liked driving with it and I think I could get used to putting with it too. I'm going to wait until the mediums hit the shelves though because I'm not too crazy about soft/floppy discs.

How floppy are the soft ones, compared to, say, an R-Pro Aviar (or better yet, P-Line Maniac)?

I actually got to sneak out for a couple rounds and used my ions as much as I could. I had one of the blue and red protos and it was too light for my tastes, so I was happy to try out themax weight variety.

The added weight made this what I wanted my proto to be. This is also what I wanted the Summit to fly like. I really loved it for drives, long approaches, and low powered get out of trouble shots. I really couldn't get a feel for in on short ups and putts. It had more glide in those situations than what I like.

It held very true lines and stopped well once it hit the ground. I had back to back metal hits on 280 tunnel shots that are very wooded/guarded.

Over all, I like the ion a lot. These fly the way I originally invisioned them. These are definitely staying in the bag for a bit.

Risk said:
My buddy picked up an Ion last week and let me try it today and it sure was a crazy feeling disc almost toy like. I really liked driving with it and I think I could get used to putting with it too. I'm going to wait until the mediums hit the shelves though because I'm not too crazy about soft/floppy discs.

Just wait till I buy the mediums, Risk! Thank you can throw that too.

I love these putters. I bought 2 of the Red ones in heavy weights and will be buying more to practice my putts.

Switching my putter to the Ion is now starting to really pay off. After suffering a month or two of growing pains, unstable confidence, and tweaking my release slightly, I'm now as good or better with my Ion as I was with the Voodoo. At this point I can honestly say that the Ion is more effortless. I have a lazy putting style where I like to be dropping in the basket at the end, and I can drop the Ion in from 40' and in basically using nothing but my arm. I have found the perfect release where the disc starts off slightly nose down, flying straight, and gradually pulls its own nose up due to the natural fade tendencies of the disc, gliding forward and finishing straight. Even in the wind I feel like I have perfect control and touch with this shot if I execute. In a really stiff headwind or in strong swirling winds I take a totally different approach, throwing more nose down with a touch of hyzer and hard, and the Ion cuts through just about any wind. Its awesome to have a putter that is so responsive to different styles and conditions. I also let a great turbo putter try it and he was knocking them in from way outside and they looked ridiculously effortless. The LSS really kicks in when the disc loses spin/speed, and this keeps it close to the basket...It can be a liability with a right to left wind, but in those conditions I throw it with exaggerated anhyzer and the wind locks the wing down and prevents the fade altogether.

Some killer dyes done by one of our fans. Very slick!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/CAM-Realty-Ion-Golf-Disc/201383348605?v=photos

2qxw66c.jpg

-iGniTe- said:
Just picked up one of these bad boys today, I hope I like it.

If you don't...Someone will want to trade for it. I actually haven't heard of anyone that hasn't lilked it. Not everyone has added to their bag, but it seems everyone has enjoyed the way it flies.

Latest posts