• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

The driver they have in test use atm is planned to launch in spring according to the website. Going by the description it seems something on the lines of XXX. It would be the Respecti.

If they are a little less stable and a little longer I am highly interested.

p.s. google chrome tries to translate disc to puck on their site and makes it hilarious.

Puckgolf would be cheap. Fairly similarly flying standardized pucks so you need just one or another one for backup.

I may need to check that translation. Sounds funny...

anyway I try to get those finglish pages ready this week

and about the drivers. I need also less stable discs, but the Team players those mean asskickers, they wanna play hard and the respecti is theis anhyzerdisc :)

My order arrived today with an extra mini that looks like it's shaped like Jokeri and is so hard that it rings when tapped. Thanks Kai. I cleared a javelin throwing runway partially for traction and threw about 240' with mine in winds that gusted up to 23 MPH according to Ilmatieteenlaitos (Finnish Meteorological Institute). Right rear wind mostly. I tried stand still throws against the wind and no problems! One low power sidearm approach too and that worked great and felt great in the hand. I definitely need to try more of those at higher power levels. So far so good with a way better grip than Rhynos and Pigs I've used so far. Although Jokeri doesn't have equally hard fade so it won't fall out of the air as fast or make an abrupt corner in the flight once the fade kicks in. It will glide farther to the side once the fade starts because the hyzer angle won't increase as fast and the Jokeri won't drop nearly as fast. So it drives farther and straighter with equal confidence which is amazing. Especially coupled to a great easily grippable shape for both BH and FH. The plastic is grippy for a premium plastic even in 35F. The flight plate does bend a little under the thumb even at this temperature but i don't think it will be too floppy for most players in most conditions. Maybe vice fingers in southern states summers in the US may have preference issues but it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a drivable putter even then.

I think that once i'm able to add a run up to my throw with traction i'm able to generate enough power to get the primo Jokeri to fly straight for a considerable distance without fear of the disc flipping over even to quite bad winds. Great job guys!!!

I didn't take the mini out with me but it putts and drives well indoors for a few feet until it hit the blanket i was throwing at. I basically got out straight after receiving mine so i've only putted twice with mine indoors at short ranges and judging by that not accurate enough test it felt indistinguishable from the base plastic Jokeri flight wise. And i had no trouble with grip.

I'm looking forward to throwing Jokeris a long time. Last and this year a lot of great driving putters have passed through my hands and some have pushed the boundaries of what's been called a putter. Hey i'm injured for life in my throwing arm and I've thrown a Ringer (FR broken in) just past 300' in calm weather. Still i'd say that for general usage Jokeri in primo plastic is better. At 300' one can easily use a mid too for little to no fade. KC BB Aviar fades too hard for tight fairways and D, not the Jokeri. Magnet is tall but after recent developments in my grip that may be a thing of the past. Ions with the new type of manufacturing increasing gyroscopics can be tremendous if you can tackle the grip issues. I just did and wahoo, oh that's Innova :) I used a Medium Ion today with bee's wax and still i had slipping issues at times under the thumb. The next test is with a soft Ion. I'd say that Ion plus Jokeri gives laser performance and almost as good performance with wind handling. And far. For utility and trick shots Rhynos and Pigs are great compliments on technical tight and short courses and for second shots. Wizard 150 floated almost as well as 174 medium Ion and also just got alleviated grip issues. Unless issues return once so fast rear winds subside.

It is a matter of approach to bag building and preference what to use but Jokeri is clearly a top tier disc in quality so it's up to you to decide what your preferences are and how you build your bag. Jokeri is a very good candidate. It putts and drives great. If you're serious about your game you need to check it out. To me it is the grip ease of a Buzzz combined with a new max weight good DX Roc flight in putter domain. If that doesn't give you a boner you're a girl.

If you think this is too enthusiastic try it out for yourself because i'm not affiliated to them or getting paid by them. Jokeri honestly flies very well among the best and for some preferences it will probably be the best disc available now. Less glide than an Ion with a little more fade and more speed. More forgiving for gripping and OAT and almost as long for a little over 400' thrower.

JR said:
Less glide than an Ion with a little more fade and more speed. More forgiving for gripping and OAT and almost as long for a little over 400' thrower.

if this is true, then heed the alert. sounds wonderful.

I threw stand stil Jenkins type of arm swing FH drives with it today without problems and it's no feat to have a cleaner FH driving form than i have even with stand stills i used. It's also no feat to outdrive me. I didn't measure my puny stand still FHs but compared to Rhynos and Pigs the tolerance to my mess ups was more than enough and D comparable. At my puny FH power the LSS was more than enough because the disc faded out early. That is good news to real FH throwers because with clean form these should bomb without the fear of flipping over.

Base plastic version feels more rubbery than zero and premium plastic is gummy. They feel midish in the hand (kind of between putter and mid). Will test them tomorrow against Pures.

On the premium one - are we talking gummy plate with a stiffer rim, or flexible all around? Any comparison to a grip pure in terms of tackiness and flexibility? I like "midish"...the pure has a "midish" feel imo and I love it!

RustyP said:
On the premium one - are we talking gummy plate with a stiffer rim, or flexible all around? Any comparison to a grip pure in terms of tackiness and flexibility? I like "midish"...the pure has a "midish" feel imo and I love it!

Rim is as flexible as the rim on Grip Pure. The plate is more gummy. Not as tacky. These feel even more midish (beefier rim?). Easier to power grip.

If Pure and seasoned Roc had a baby it would be called Jokeri. Fast, solid HSS and less LSS than I expected. Just about the perfect driving putter and I love the plastics as well :D. Base plastic is grippier than Zero and premium plastic grippier than Opto. In the bag.