• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Spin?

The Spin sounds beautiful. How does it fly when thrown flat? Does it hold an anny to the ground?

It seems to have a nice steady turn to it. It held the anny to the ground for me. It was rather wet this morning and I wasn't getting the best throws with it but it seems to do what you would expect from an understable putter.

Yeah, can't wait to get mine next week. This thing is sounding like it might be the sleeper hit of this year's circuit.

I'll have a tiny bit of everything but Ions.

I'm really looking forward to the Spin too, I've been wishing for a properly US putter by MVP forever. I think all the discs in the player's pack could fill good holes for MVP's lineup, I am excite!

Correction, they kicked in a few Ions apparently. I dunno how many of the Circuit discs I'll have extra though, I tried to accommodate some guys that missed registration and might not have any extra unless there are some no-shows.

I do have 2 WM Theories, 5 Proton Resistors (some, maybe all were sparkly), 4 Plasma Waves, 4 Plasma Photons and the 4 Electron Ions (2 soft, 2 medium).

All my weights are great, everything is in the 170s except for one mid 160s Theory. :thmbup:

Correction, they kicked in a few Ions apparently. I dunno how many of the Circuit discs I'll have extra though, I tried to accommodate some guys that missed registration and might not have any extra unless there are some no-shows.

I do have 2 WM Theories, 5 Proton Resistors (some, maybe all were sparkly), 4 Plasma Waves, 4 Plasma Photons and the 4 Electron Ions (2 soft, 2 medium).

All my weights are great, everything is in the 170s except for one mid 160s Theory. :thmbup:

Further correction, the Ions, extra Waves, Photons and Resistors I thought MVP kicked in are the grand prize of 10 discs. I am an idiot. :doh:

After a Circuit yesterday, my review of the Spin is...meh.

It is def US on drives, but controllably. A slower more reliably US Theory is a good comparison, and that I liked. I wonder how the stability will hold up in Electron, though.

Not wild about it as a putter. Manages to somehow be US on drives and pretty glideless as a putter. Felt similar to putting with the Serpent imo. Maybe it'll improve with some wear, but aside from aggressive spin putters, i don't see this threatening Ion or Anode putters.

Yeah, I couldn't quite figure out the Spin as a putter either. It definitely prefers spin to get any carry out of it. I'm more of a push putter and I was wobbling it all the time, just couldn't find a clean release. I like how it feels though and I like the curved inner rim, especially for fan grips. I used it en lieu of my Polecat yesterday and it did a pretty good job of anny-ing around trees and hitting gaps with forward penetration. I found it easier and more comfortable to approach with than my Atom. If you like the Ion or Anode but want something US to throw on short anhyzer holes or finesse approaches the Spin is a solid choice but the Ion and Anode are better putters in general I think.

No doubt. I think I'll end up bagging it as a thrower. I was just hoping for it to be the Electron Anode for putting, but not so much.

No doubt. I think I'll end up bagging it as a thrower. I was just hoping for it to be the Electron Anode for putting, but not so much.

Got a few more tosses on this yesterday. It's a trip. It has a slight deformation from a tree hit or something, and it may be a bit more US now because of it. But it has a nice smooth flip to flat or controlled turn from flat at lower power than the Theory. Great addition for woods golf.

How does it feel compared to the Anode? Very similar?

Umm. I'll have to compare later tonight when I get home to be sure, but they share a core, so it's not THAT different, aside from we still don't have an Electron Anode to compare it to. :(

For sure closer to Anode than Proxy.

Umm. I'll have to compare later tonight when I get home to be sure, but they share a core, so it's not THAT different, aside from we still don't have an Electron Anode to compare it to. :(

Like, I'm not as comfortable with the rim feel as I am with the Envy/Proxy. But since I like to use it powered down, it's not as big a deal.

Another cool use of this thing? It will hold the slowest, prettiest little anny upshots of any GYRO disc yet. Better at this than even the Theory. Plus the grip of Electron is much better for me than the Theory N, which is the least grippy, though indestructible.

Last edited:
I really need to use my Theory more often. I get caught up thinking it's only for L to R shots when it should be used in place of my Pure on occasion.

I really need to use my Theory more often. I get caught up thinking it's only for L to R shots when it should be used in place of my Pure on occasion.

Same here. I had a pretty stable Theory that had really grown on me that I lost. The one I still have is flippier, and in that range where a good clean throw it turns a lot and stays aloft all day, but if I miss the hit a little it's like dead straight and relatively glideless. It's an awesome disc but sets up, with my form/power/skill level, to be unpredictable.

The Spin does what it does, but more predictably for me.

How does it feel compared to the Anode? Very similar?

So just to check back in on this...

I totally forgot to compare it to an Anode last night :\, but I happen to have it with me right now, along with an Electron Ion, and the Spin feels a little deeper if anything.

Yeah, Spin feels a little deeper except around the rim where it is much flatter on the bottom compared to the Anode's bullet nose.

After a little putting practice with the Spin I like it a lot more than initially. It took me a minute to get a clean release but it's a really straight putter and much easier to anny putt than Ions or Anodes.

Last edited: