• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Spin?

I played a Circuit event last weekend and this disc was the one I threw the most. (We played red tees.) Nice driving putter, but too understable to go in my bag. It does not reliably fade at the end like my Anodes do. I usually use an Ion or Anode.

lve lost a few skulboys this summer need to stack up.

I would love a putter speed theory even more. Something with deep anode or ion core but with the US wing. I just really love to throw putters though.

So my wish from last year was met with the spin but i just am not a fan of electron plastic. I am really curious to try a premium version vs theory.

When new it was very similar but slower... just didnt handle the wooded course abuse like my theory lol.

Great new putter mold as a truly US offering was the missing link in the MVP/axiom putters. :clap:

most valuable disc of 2016 so far

did'nt really expect much from the spin but it's become a new favourite when in the woods. straight, wouldn't dream of going left - lovely. Need this in soft proton :)

yeah i was worried it might be too US but handled power well and flew a lot like my max wt theorys just more glide at low speed and feel like my love, the ion. i could get down with some plasma spins 4 sho! soft proton would be fun drivers as well.

My vote for disc of the year. I am with you on a different plastic though. Soft P or soft N would be great. Plasma is good, but honestly I prefer soft N better.

Plasma feels a little slicker than soft N to me. Also, while Plasma might be the best looking plastic, it's not as bright as N. I'd rather throw easier to see than pretty.

Heyyyyyy mega bump and my first post in Equipment in quite some time. Being injured will do that to you.

Got one of these in the mail yesterday, and I really enjoy how it feels in the hand. It's fairly unique, for me, compared to all the other putters I have. Almost feels like a small diameter ultimate disc. I played with it on the practice basket and it's easy to get up to speed and takes little effort to glide in to the chains. I dig it. Looking forward to throwing it when I am (hopefully) cleared for action later this month.

I got to try my own recently as well! I'll have some video footage up soon, mostly putts with a few throws.

Initial observations are its a very, very straight putter. I like it for those putts you need to curve slightly to the right and not hyzer out, like when you've got a tight tree gap in your face. It pretty much does exactly what you tell it to inside 50'. It doesn't have that low speed hyzer fade like the Ions I typically putt with.

Ripping it in the 200-400' range it definitely shows high speed turn. When I was throwing it in the 300'+ range I'd have to aim slightly left and give it a lot of hyzer for it to run the chains. This is great because MVP already has three straight putter molds (Anode, Atom, Proxy) so I was really hoping this one showed high speed turn when brand new.

Its also an interesting release because since the Anode it seemed like MVP had abandoned the curved inner rim, but here it is making a new appearance.

Editing a video with spin putts right now, I'll post it soon.

so.. really enjoyed throwing this disc today. It does all the nice slow US flip to flat and slow turn while not being flippy at max power and can even be a pretty straight hyzer flip mold at lower D/power or huge glidey turnovers. It was a thing of beauty.

no FH needed here today... http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=579&mode=media#

holes
4/5/6/9 and a huge anny on 18 just outside of the circle area...

2bb67fab.jpg

duce.

21fac09e.jpeg

duce.

d70df634.jpg

duce.

9e3dc456.jpg

duce.

a503a67c_m.jpg

duce.

not too bad for the first round without an ion in the bag in a LONG time. F I hate this thing for putting though. I felt like I had to aim to the right lol vs just play the nice glidey fade of the ion. super straight putter at low speed for sure and just does some great US work. it will pair up nice with my premium ions for the flippy/glidey putter stuff. winner!

Last edited:
18's anny crush was way out right where you cannot see here in the picture.

deca9289.jpg

way outside line but I crushed 2 atoms up the middle here as well just beyond the basket.

whoops forgot about

ce118545.jpg

duce. 14

and

509f8cf9_m.jpg

damn tree by the basket got me for a 3....

Last edited:
any word if they are planning to release this in the premium plastics. I play some courses with lava rocks on them and they eat up base plastic.

I do not love the Spin, It doesn't Gyro with me. I'd rate it 2/3/-1.5/0.5 but just didn't like the feel or anything. The curved underside makes it grip weird to me. Pa4 wins this spot for me.

So it's the Anode/Ion core instead of Atom core? Wouldn't have expected that.

Thats the best part. I dont know why so many disc golfers aeem to have 90 degree angled finger tips. Seems pretty odd vs any person i know.

Also nice to have 3 actually unique flying putter molds that feel the same and dont feel like throwing slow mids lol.

Glad I skipped it. Can not release those bizarre rims.

Why? It isnt even the rim. I literally tossed the atom and spin like 50 times yesterday on full power drives often throwing both pairs (4 drives off 1 tee)

And its not even something i thought of for a second.

I am truly intrigued by how so many people worry about feel of xyz disc or plastic etc. Dont you just grip and rip?