• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Spin?

Thats the best part. I dont know why so many disc golfers aeem to have 90 degree angled finger tips. Seems pretty odd vs any person i know.

Also nice to have 3 actually unique flying putter molds that feel the same and dont feel like throwing slow mids lol.

To be honest, I didn't like the feel either. Although it's been years since I threw an Anode...don't even have them anymore. It never affected my throws though, great flying putter!

But once I tried the Proxy I never looked back. Especially for drives, throws like a mid but flies like a putter.

Why? It isnt even the rim. I literally tossed the atom and spin like 50 times yesterday on full power drives often throwing both pairs (4 drives off 1 tee)

And its not even something i thought of for a second.

I am truly intrigued by how so many people worry about feel of xyz disc or plastic etc. Dont you just grip and rip?

I remember it just taking a second or two longer to position my grip on the Anode. It was always "where does the actual rim wall start on this bastud!" Oh well, like you say, they're just discs.

But you pinch the rim and flight plate with any grip not shove the rim into your palm with the finger tips.

The curve makes it fit like a glove also seems to add glide.

Learn how to power grip dawg. You dont have 4 different release points.

Why a personal affront? Is there a need to be so snarky? Your prior rationale, while making sense in your head, does not make sense as written, therefore my "Uhhhh". Please do not take that personally, it was simply a plea to go beyond jargon to explain exactly what you mean. Trust me I know how to throw a disc and personally use two different grips to make it "rip". Yes, my bag is all MVP/Axiom. Yes, I love the Ion nearly as much as you. However, stop thinking that everyone is out to knock you down. You tend to quickly jump on everyone on these forums with hastily written responses that many times never make sense to others. And by the way, I ain't no "dawg".

Why a personal affront? Is there a need to be so snarky? Your prior rationale, while making sense in your head, does not make sense as written, therefore my "Uhhhh". Please do not take that personally, it was simply a plea to go beyond jargon to explain exactly what you mean. Trust me I know how to throw a disc and personally use two different grips to make it "rip". Yes, my bag is all MVP/Axiom. Yes, I love the Ion nearly as much as you. However, stop thinking that everyone is out to knock you down. You tend to quickly jump on everyone on these forums with hastily written responses that many times never make sense to others. And by the way, I ain't no "dawg".

Just helping you and all the sqaure fingered with their grips.

Why? It isnt even the rim. I literally tossed the atom and spin like 50 times yesterday on full power drives often throwing both pairs (4 drives off 1 tee)

And its not even something i thought of for a second.

I am truly intrigued by how so many people worry about feel of xyz disc or plastic etc. Dont you just grip and rip?

The curve.

I don't like the inner rim of the ION class either. I guess I need a FROLF lesson in order to not have my own preference developed through the experience of throwing them myself.

I don't like the inner rim of the ION class either. I guess I need a FROLF lesson in order to not have my own preference developed through the experience of throwing them myself.

No lesson needed. You just need to read posts as gospel and understand your own shortcomings.

Tossed the spin on a huge high anny shot over all the trees yesterday on a super tight wooded hole that is longer right vs forward sort of like a sideways L.

20170320_160758.jpg

Killed it for a duce look. Hole #15 at coon rapids dgc.

9670559d.jpg

I want a premium plastic spin. Maybe even a 150 class...

Its a really good US mold and finesse style putter without feeling weird like a lid. The wing reminds me of an old 86 softie i threw years ago given to me by a older school player but less lid-ish and more true disc golf disc. For sure a slower theory like flight which i love too so only makes sense the spin is a win.

My throwing friends are hating the "spin and in/ftw" saying.

174g-wham-86-softie-frisbee-disc-golf_1_4a61f95437cb88367b0d78da4f5331d9.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1490138318604.jpg
    1490138318604.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Well I'm sold, clanked the headband from ~100' on an extremely tight line between two trees with my new Electron Spin this morning. Love the dead straight flight and forward fade. I was turning it over too much earlier in the round because of too much torque, then once I dialed it in it was money every time. Similar experience with my new Ion and Anode I just bought too -- obviously not as US as the Spin but all these discs require the right form to get the most out of them. I'll be bagging these from now on. Controlled power and powering down are skills I've been working on lately and these are great discs for teaching that.

Really looking forward to the Spin in Neutron, Proton, or Plasma. At this point I don't mind which one is first, just excited to throw this in a premium plastic. Super fun disc

oh nice theres a thread for this. the spin is THE defacto understable putter. i find myself throwing it more and more. paired with an ion its just a killer combo. its like youre playing doubles with a lefty but its just a putter in your bag. but then you think "thats cool, but does it have gyro tech which allows you to rip it deep into the 3 hundreds on a rope?" and i can safely say "yes"...

seriously people need to try these if they havent. its as rewarding and dependable as a harp, but backwards! for someone like me who thinks forehand shots show weakness/ fear, lets just say my scores might lay eggs in nests. buy a spin try a spin, if you hate it leave it in the woods in your phone number and i will throw it and cherish it.