• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan - that prodigy looks amazing as always...

done for a friend/fellow club member:

Viola_zps44a60adb.jpg

Dang those are some sweet dyes. Does Discraft's Ti plastic hold dye predictably? I really want to dye something on a green Ti stalker, but I noticed that the 'finish' varies from disc to disc and was unsure if either would take dye; some look like they have a clear coat over a cloudy surface (like a bowling ball) and others look glossy.

Here's a link to a dye I did. N=1, it took the dye well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75647363@N08/8504192569/lightbox/

May as well post this one, too. Whenever I do this, I feel like I'm doing scientific research.

Thought I would give it a try

Thanks to the fine work on display here, I decided to give it a go.
Here are three samples. The Sleastack is my first Dye. The round patter in my 5th attempt and the Itchy one is my first multi color disc.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to my new addiction.

Attachments

• sleastack.jpg
    sleastack.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 58
  • pattern.jpg
    pattern.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 59
  • itchy disc.jpg
    itchy disc.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 61
What's the shortest amount of time you've left a disc marbling in shaving cream that still produced a richly colored dye?

What's the shortest amount of time you've left a disc marbling in shaving cream that still produced a richly colored dye?

photo+(6).JPG

24 minutes for the blue and green.
I used acetone which made it take much faster than otherwise.
The red was probably 8 hours without acetone.
I apologize for the massive, low quality picture.

@erthbndr, that's a purdy disc! I would love to have something like that in my bag

@Bennett, lol, I suppose the phrase should have been "I will cause your cellular mobile device to play It's unknown caller ringtone if I'm in the area"

I know it's early but do you guys have a date or season set to be married?

24 minutes for the blue and green.
I used acetone which made it take much faster than otherwise.
The red was probably 8 hours without acetone.
That looks awesome! Sounds like my 24 hour guideline may be overkill. I don't use the acetone though. Well, I'll wash mine when I get home. Probably will end up being 17 hours or so.

@Bennett, lol, I suppose the phrase should have been "I will cause your cellular mobile device to play It's unknown caller ringtone if I'm in the area"

I know it's early but do you guys have a date or season set to be married?

We don't want to wait TOO long, hoping to get it done this summer. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts