• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm passing through on my way to Moms (Myrtle Beach) last week of June, I think that would be a great time to get married! Congrats Bennett!

I used too much dye and left the Anode in the shaving cream too long, but I still got the tentacle effect. I just wanted to throw some color on the bottom side of that Summit as an experiment.

And now let's see how this one turns out. I'll probably only leave it down for about 6-8 hours.

Does marble/brainwave/etc dying work with idye that I've already made for dip dying? I got extra purple, blue, red and black so I thought I could try some different dying.

Does marble/brainwave/etc dying work with idye that I've already made for dip dying? I got extra purple, blue, red and black so I thought I could try some different dying.

I cannot comment on the BW stuff as I've not tried it, but your pre mixed Idye will work fine with shaving cream marbling. Depending on your mix and what type of SC you will be doing you may need to boil some of the water out of your dye to concentrate it, or you may want to water it down to get less vibrant colors. For SC I usually use liquid rit straight from the bottle mixed with the SC and have found it to be very strong (too strong) for overnight dips.

I'm passing through on my way to Moms (Myrtle Beach) last week of June, I think that would be a great time to get married! Congrats Bennett!

Thanks Dan! If we can get it done that quickly, and we hope to, we will!

Last nights Dyes ... not bleeding as much and getting sharper images now ... slowly but surely getting better :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Apparition's Ion also. :thmbup::clap:

Nice Goose! Now the fun part, experimenting with a new technique. Don't think outside the box, blow that biiatch up!

Lol.... that is what I am thinking. Enough thinking outside the box :) I am just going to crank some out to help figure out the process. This is really the most art-related fun that I have had in awhile. Maybe some time I will post some of my freaky looking ceramic stuff.

I think I am going to donate one of my dyes for DFL in our next tourney. Got the idea from the PIF thread.

Dangerously close to missing a day!

I'll post one of my first dyes, during the ol' hand-cutting days. Still in the bag too!

Red Bull Roadrunner(Star):

3815284825_dd61b9a1e8.jpg

A handcut dye of mine. Did this one for my brother for getting 100 wins in his HS wrestling career. The Warrior is his HS's logo and their colors are maroon and white. I used red and black idye poly and mixed in shaving cream to achieve the color. I let it sit for 10 hours before removing it from the shaving cream. Dyed on a MVP Amp.

Attachments

• IMG_3435_zps8e73e0a8.jpg
    IMG_3435_zps8e73e0a8.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts